London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

I was too young back then to remember anything about the Atlanta and Sydney games, but imo the last three Olympic host cities were perfect (Athens, Beijing, London)

London, Sydney and Beijing yes definitely the correct choices. But Athens 2004 and Atlanta 1996 were bad choices. I remember the swimming arena in Athens had no roof because they ran out of time. Atlanta well I could write a book on what was wrong with those Olympics. You can do your research on the net about Atlanta and all its problems.

To be fair, one would expect developed countries like Greece and the USA to be able to stage good tournaments.

Anyway, okay maybe I'm too young to remember even the Athens Olympics.

Right the Mohammed or Cooke debate is going to start up again now. People will say Cooke should of been in bearing in mind that Mohammed went out in the quarters. Cooke will be furious, 'I could of done better' etc

Greece develped? Not sure about that :lol:

:lol: well...

CIA Factbook

Above Portugal and not far behind New Zealand and the Czech Republic.

Also have a high HDI and are considered a developed country by the IMF IIRC, as are most European countries.

Playing devil's advocate, however, they do seem to have a pretty high poverty rate, something I'd surmise is partly due to the horrific state of their economy.

Jeez chill out. It was a tongue in cheek reference to the economic crisis that has been affecting Greece since 2008. The Greek economy is in a crisis and people there having nothing and are either commiting suicide or emigrating.

Anyway back to the Olympics >>>>

Jeez chill out. It was a tongue in cheek reference to the economic crisis that has been affecting Greece since 2008. The Greek economy is in a crisis and people there having nothing and are either commiting suicide or emigrating.

Anyway back to the Olympics >>>>

Did you see the :lol: I put in?

Okay, okay, that answer was long as ****, I apologise :)

It's just a couple of people trying to boot each other in the chest and largely failing.

I used to do a bit of kickboxing and used to spar with a UK taekwando champion, at first I was dazzled at how good he was at head kicks but I quite quickly learnt that if punched him hard in the head there wasn't much he could do. It's boxing with your legs, in real terms it's ineffective as a martial art but is incredibly skillful. More gymnastic than combative at Olympic level.

The commentary is a bit off at times, isnt it? The Russian hammer thrower (who bizarrely isnt a big fat biffa) just smashed the Olympic record in the first round and the commentator just remarked it "could have been better"

And FFS TEAM GB

We are worse at the relay than we are at penalty shootouts, arent we? Fast times but the daft words removed always drop the baton. :bang:

Â