London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Poor Paddy Barnes of Ireland. Losing 8-5 after the 1st round, managed to pull it back to tie the bout 15-15 at the finish but lost on a countback tie break.

Still gets a creditable bronze but must be gutting for him.

Handled it like a champ though and with great grace and humour.

Absolutely love the BMX biking, along wth the athletics, and the indoor cycling in the velodrome, this is my favourite event. The IOC are even more incompetent then FIFA and UEFA, but one of the best decisions they ever made was introducing this event to the Olympics in 2008.

The IOC are even more incompetent then FIFA and UEFA

:suspect:

Well they are certainly more incompetent then UEFA. UEFA are not actually that bad. Well not as bad as FIFA anyway. If you thought the bidding process for the major football championships was bad, then that is nothing compared to the bidding process for the Olympics. I have read some of the things Atlanta did to get the 1996 games.

I was too young back then to remember anything about the Atlanta and Sydney games, but imo the last three Olympic host cities were perfect (Athens, Beijing, London)

London, Sydney and Beijing yes definitely the correct choices. But Athens 2004 and Atlanta 1996 were bad choices. I remember the swimming arena in Athens had no roof because they ran out of time. Atlanta well I could write a book on what was wrong with those Olympics. You can do your research on the net about Atlanta and all its problems.

Â