London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Slower then I thought but still impressive. Jamaican 1, 2 and 3.

Speaks volumes about how much we expect from Usain Bolt when 19.32 is thought of as 'slow'. :D

Seen the replay a few times now and Bolt definitely slowed down with ten metres to go, he was looking for Blake and when he knew he had won he just coasted over the line while Blake was still busting a gut.

This might be it for Bolt though, I mean where can he go from here? He is almost 26 (it's his birthday next week) and he will turn 30 during the 2016 games in Rio. Is he still going to be at this level in four years? I dont think he will be as motivated as he has been now. Yohan Blake's day might come in Brazil.

This might be it for Bolt though, I mean where can he go from here?

Maybe have a stab at 400 meters. His 45.28 is pretty good. Seem to remember he said he hates the training for it though. But winning that in either WC or Olympics would put him firmly above Lewis IMO

Well Bolt will know his body, and when it is time to give up.

I personally think he will want to bow out at the Rio De Janeiro. The best way to bow out is at the Olympics like johnson did in 2000. I dont think we will see him at the London world championships in 2017 when he will be 31.

He is almost 26 (it's his birthday next week) and he will turn 30 during the 2016 games in Rio. Is he still going to be at this level in four years? I dont think he will be as motivated as he has been now. Yohan Blake's day might come in Brazil.

Christie was 32 when he won gold ... as you say a lot will depend on if Bolt can stay motivated

Team GB getting a kicking at the hockey, 9-1 to the Netherlands now and there are still ten minutes to play. I'd give more of a **** if we didnt already have 24 gold medals in the bag, but as we do I couldnt care less. :lol:

He is almost 26 (it's his birthday next week) and he will turn 30 during the 2016 games in Rio. Is he still going to be at this level in four years? I dont think he will be as motivated as he has been now. Yohan Blake's day might come in Brazil.

Christie was 32 when he won gold ... as you say a lot will depend on if Bolt can stay motivated

It was Linford's first gold though, and chasing that must have been a hell of a motivation. Bolt is now a double Olympic champion at both 100m and 200m and is world record holder at both distances too. His world records look unlikely to be beaten by anybody other than him and he has done all of this at the age of 25 (okay, he is 26 in a week or so) and there really is nowhere for him to go but down from here. Of course he will still be physically capable if he wants it, but will he want it? I'm not so sure.

Winning is not boring. I dont agree with the 'where will he go now, he has achieved it all'. How about winning the 100 and the 200 again and again. I think he will want the 100m world championship title back. He has unfinished business there.

Winning is not boring. I dont agree with the 'where will he go now, he has achieved it all'. How about winning the 100 and the 200 again and again. I think he will want the 100m world championship title back. He has unfinished business there.

Winning isnt boring, but Bolt has already said that training is. I'd imagine it's even more boring when you get invited to the sort of parties that Usain Bolt gets invited to too. Does he really need to get his arse out of bed at five in the morning to train any more?

The Worlds are a factor, but they are nothing compared to the Olympic games really. Nobody remembers who the world champion was, everybody remembers who won the Olympic gold. I'd be very surprised if we see Bolt in Rio 2014.

This might be it for Bolt though, I mean where can he go from here?

Maybe have a stab at 400 meters. His 45.28 is pretty good. Seem to remember he said he hates the training for it though. But winning that in either WC or Olympics would put him firmly above Lewis IMO

He is firmly above Lewis now imo. I dont think there is any doubt whatsoever that Usain Bolt is the greatest sprinter who ever lived.

Â