"Club 12" from Glasgow

Richard

They are one of three clubs where I generally hate the club because of the fans. Stoke and Liverpool being the other two.

And I've not got much love for Celtic either, despite my granddad and to a lesser extent my dad being Bhoys and growing up in a Scots-Irish Catholic family.

Shame they'll be back.

It's becoming more and more like the Florentia Viola thing by the day. Different forces at play. The clubs want Club 12 to 'do their time' while the SFA want to make that time as easy as possible. They want Club 12 back in the money league; sorry the SPL; as fast as they can.

Yep, its playing out as expected. Rangers have to spend a year in division 1 as a token punishment and then before people know it they are back in the SPL and its like they never did anything wrong.

It is probably the best result for all parties.

Not for the **** taxpayer it isn't.

It's becoming more and more like the Florentia Viola thing by the day. Different forces at play. The clubs want Club 12 to 'do their time' while the SFA want to make that time as easy as possible. They want Club 12 back in the money league; sorry the SPL; as fast as they can.

Yep, its playing out as expected. Rangers have to spend a year in division 1 as a token punishment and then before people know it they are back in the SPL and its like they never did anything wrong.

It is probably the best result for all parties.

far from it

it just sets a precedent now that should your debts get a bit much you can take a 10 point SPL point deduction, go into administration, liquidate the old company, set up a new company, transfer assets, and join division 1 with absolutely no sanctions on the new company

I don't think anyone wants to see them go out of business altogether

I do.

And Celtic.

Eh, Scotland hater much?

As a wild stab in the dark, I'd guess it was more the pathetic sectarian violence that both clubs' supporters are synonymous with rather than just their Scottishness.

Not convinced that Newco can enter the first div directly as there is no legal mechanism that exists for them to do so at this time. SFA would have to rewrite the rules to make this happen and with the time available I can't see how that can be done.

Rules as they stand are that any new club must enter in the third division.

Anything else would fundamentally undermine the integrity of Scottish Football. Although when money is involved integrity seems to be disposable.

Not sure how they will field a team anyway. No money as such and most of the first team have gone and left without raising any money for Newco.

Having grown up just down the road from Glasgow, and knowing a lot of Ranger's fans, I was very much hoping they'd end up in the 3rd division. My mate who is a Livingston fan had to deal with them getting sent to the 3rd division, its just hypocrisy that Rangers who in very similar circumstances get demoted to the first division that they'll no doubt make it out of in 1 year. Well hypocrisy if football was just all about the football...

It really sets a bad precedent that Rangers are getting away so slightly, especially since it looks like they won't even get a transfer embargo now. The whole Scottish football system needs a revamp, and in line with Clyde's statement I reckon it should start with Rangers starting at the very bottom.

It does not matter where Rangers start,in division 1 or division 4 or even in non league,this whole episode has made scottish football more of a joke than it was before.

Of course it matters. If Rangers start in their 3rd division then Scottish football won't be a joke. It will have been seen to do the right thing for the right reasons and it will have shown that no club is above the rules. If Rangers start in their 1st division then the message will be the complete opposite. It very much matters where Rangers start.

You are right about that.All this discussan about where they should start is causing scottish football to be a joke,I mean ( as you say ) there really is only 1 place that they should start so there really is not anything to discuss, is there ?

Newco dropping into Division 1 is letting them off lightly and if the rules also change to allow more promotion places then it is indeed a farce. The SPL and SFA are merely bending the rules to accomodate the swift return of Rangers and it basically proves the whole league system thinks they are lost without them...such a shame. Rangers will get promotion and be back challenging within a season and most likely the'll get their name back.

I was hoping Rangers in Division 3 would quickly have repercussions on Celtic and also put them out of business!

The SFL don't want to bend the rules but they will 'accommodate' the SPL in exchange for things like a playoff between SPL 2nd bottom and SFL 2nd top. This Club 12 thing will be used as an opportunity to change certain arrangements/agreements currently in place between the SPL/SFL. So at the end of the day 'everyone's a winner'(sic) at the expense of doing the right thing. Which let's face it is the way of the world nowadays anyway.

Speaking to some Rangers fans while working up there this week and they would rather start in the 3rd division and work there way back up. They think the other SPL teams are happy to vote them out the SPL with the knowledge that if they end up in the 1st division within 1 season they will be back and they will be getting their revenue having stuck 2 fingers up at Rangers, kindof a win win situation for all of the SPL.

Â