"Club 12" from Glasgow

Richard

Nothing definite. The SFL will discuss it.

Many Rangers fans now want to go to Division 3. The logic being that they don't want a 'leg up' or a hand. That they'll work their way back from scratch and then they'll owe no-one anything and no-one can say they got anything for free. The added bonus of that approach in some of their eyes is that while they're gone, the rest of the SPL (who voted them out) will have to suffer the financial loss of having no Rangers in their league. Whereas Rangers are big enough to handle it, some of those mightn't be.

Nothing definite. The SFL will discuss it.

Many Rangers fans now want to go to Division 3. The logic being that they don't want a 'leg up' or a hand. That they'll work their way back from scratch and then they'll owe no-one anything and no-one can say they got anything for free. The added bonus of that approach in some of their eyes is that while they're gone, the rest of the SPL (who voted them out) will have to suffer the financial loss of having no Rangers in their league. Whereas Rangers are big enough to handle it, some of those mightn't be.

Yes.Starting in division 3 IS really the only way to re-enter the league system.As for finincial loss,I understand what you are saying there and a Rangers fan would want to teach the other teams a finincial lesson.On the other side of the coin, imagine the boost to the other teams ( financally and otherwise ) of having Rangers in their division,even if it is only for 1 season.

Do you know when the SFA decision is due ?

Celtic will continue to sell out their stadium. Without checking, I doubt their attendance dips for non-Old Firm games. They're used to shooting fish in a barrel so this won't change much. If anything the fans will be even more enthusiastic to witness a guaranteed title winning season in record numbers. This will affect the other sides who don't sell out their stadiums. They'll lose 2 home games against Rangers and replace them probably with Dunfermline. There might be a slight upturn in attendances for clubs in with a chance of 2nd place.

You're kidding right? 24,000. Celtic count their season ticket holders regardless of them actually turning up and have generally being doing this to attendances for years. I have a vague recollection of a Q/F played at Celtic's ground (possibily against Aberdeen or Inverness) and the attendance was barely 30k.

Hence they won't sell-out because they never do; there are forums discussing this amongst their own fans who think something fishy is happening.

My point was that whatever their current attendance is, it probably won't dip any lower with Rangers not there. I just assumed they sell out. If they don't then that's a surprise. But I'd expect it will remain at whatever level it is currently at.

Considering many of their 'fans' are Irish I'm hoping the irony won't be lost!

I wonder if many of the Irish fans who follow Glaswegian teams actually followed their local teams maybe the Irish league would be on a par with the SPL?

My point was that whatever their current attendance is, it probably won't dip any lower with Rangers not there. I just assumed they sell out. If they don't then that's a surprise. But I'd expect it will remain at whatever level it is currently at.

Oh, i'm sure it will. The interest won't be quite so fervent without Rangers and attendances, sponsorship will all suffer (eventually).

Celtic will secretly hope Rangers get back to the SPL quickly or else they too could well be in financial trouble.

Who do we all think Club 12 will be? If justice is done it will be Dunfermline. Dundee did not earn their promotion and there is 1 relegation from the SPL each season. This season that will be Rangers, ergo Dunfermline should have no case to answer. I would be surprised and disappointed if the Pars were not in pole position. If you think about the leagues as 1 contiguous ladder, Dunfermline should slot into the new league order.

I understand the lost of money through tv and sponsorship, but for me this will make next seasons SPL MORE interesting. It makes the league more competitive, yes i know the qualities gone but it offers a great chance to the other teams to win something or challenge

Yes, as an Aberdeen man I'm hoping (against hope) that Aberdeen can grab 2nd :)

In the nicest way possible, nah! :P Surely its going to be either Hearts or Dundee United (hopefully the latter as I have sympathies for them). Don't reckon Motherwell can pull out another good season.

Â