"Club 12" from Glasgow

Richard

Bury's directors have rubbished suggestions they could sell the club and give Rangers a route into English football.

Newspaper reports on Thursday morning claimed new Ibrox owner Charles Green is preparing a bold plan to take over an English lower league club if the Gers are kicked out of the SPL next month.

The plan would then apparently be for newco Rangers to take up Bury's fixtures for the forthcoming campaign, while continuing to play their home games at Ibrox.

Both Rangers and Celtic have expressed an interest in switching south of the border in the past, but such a move would need the approval of the football authorities and has also not gone down well with Gigg Lane chiefs.

Integrity

League One Bury insist they will not be the fall guys, according to a statement on the club's official website.

It read: "Whilst investment into Bury Football Club is always welcome, any offer of investment will only be viewed at taking the club forward in its only one guise possible - based in the town of Bury, and as Bury Football Club.

"Bury FC is a proud historical club, and as such proudly represents the town, community, people, and above all supporters of Bury.

"The directors of Bury FC place the integrity and morality of the club, and football as a whole, way above and beyond any possible financial gain, and as such wish to reassure all Shakers fans of this fact."

Uncertainty

While Bury look forward to opening the season with a home game against Brentford, massive uncertainty continues to surround Rangers.

Green will discover on 4th July whether his newco will be granted entry into the Scottish Premier League when the 12 member clubs - including oldco Rangers - meet to vote on the issue. An 8-4 majority is required.

Reports have claimed the Scottish Football League could be willing to accept Rangers into the Irn-Bru First Division - rather than the Third Division - in return for a revamp of the league structure that would eventually lead to a merger between the SPL and SFL.

Green and his investors completed the purchase of the business and assets of Rangers last Thursday for £5.5million after failure to secure a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) in order to exit administration consigned the club to liquidation.

Interesting

I guess there's nothing to stop Rangers from applying to play in the English leagues. The main stopping point would be the ~12? years it would take to get up through the leagues. Still if Green buys Rangers for 5.5m and then can get them up to the premiership he would make a killing.

I have no problem with them starting from the bottom of the English leagues and working their way up. I'd rather they didn't, but still, I'm ok with it.

But if they were to waltz directly into the PL it would be outrageous.

I have no problem with them starting from the bottom of the English leagues and working their way up. I'd rather they didn't, but still, I'm ok with it.

But if they were to waltz directly into the PL it would be outrageous.

Whilst I agree it would be a disgrace they would be relegated within the same season. They play what 8 truely competitive games a year and the rest of the time they stuff minnows for fun. The intensity of the PL, would mean they would stop competing by Christmas and be down without enough points to stop them from driving.

If we have to have another bunch of pricks that play in blue in the PL, at least can it be Small Heath if for no other reason that I could understand them when the spoke.

Unfortunately I disagree.

I don't think they'd challenge, but I think they'd be strong enough to stay up. Then they have enough of a fan base to give it a good go and build from there on. And to future generations they could become like a Scotland FC, being as the SPL will be even shitter without them

It makes no difference to me if they work their way up from the lowest league we've got, I don't want them in the PL.

I don't mind the Welsh clubs that is different for a number of reasons but I'm really not in favour of Scottish clubs joining the English leagues because there is absolutely no jusification for it, it would just be about money.

As for how they would do in the Premier League, they would in time be right up there due to the size of their support and the increased finances playing in our league would bring. It would take a while but in time they would be one of the biggest clubs in the PL without a doubt.

from what i have read Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Hearts and Motherwell have gone against them so far and Kilmarnock are thinking to back them for financial reasons

Don't they have to get a majority of 8-4 to stay in the league?

If so they cannot afford one more club saying "out".

I still don't think they will be booted out, there are a number of reasons I think this but ultimately the main one is that all the clubs in the league know that one day it could be them in the same position. Unlike Rangers they won't find it so easy to come back.

i could see Hibs probably saying no as well. the 4 above plus Hibs would be the regular middle tier of the league so they would all gain positionally in a football sense from it.

i would like to hear celtic stance on this

I still don't think they will be booted out, there are a number of reasons I think this but ultimately the main one is that all the clubs in the league know that one day it could be them in the same position. Unlike Rangers they won't find it so easy to come back.

but rangers are only in this position because they failed to do the things in business you should do, pay the tax man. there debts were unsustainable because there is no monetary value in that league, they are the victims of there own success, spending to try and win the league that they are, at worst going to finish second in. ive got no sympathy for them as a club or individuals and i hope they have to start from the bottom as a warning to other clubs in that tin pot league.

I expect they'll be allowed into the Scottish Premier League. Scottish clubs are poor enough. Allowing one of the two gravy trains in your country to leave your league will only damage every other club in that league. I think the short term thrill of metaphorically kicking them in the balls will be trumped by the pragmatism of having the ability to pay your own players for the duration that club 12 would be coming back up through the leagues. The fans want one thing, the club CEOs another.

They'll always be club 12 to me though :lol:

Football Jokes ‏@FootballFunnys

FIFA 13 will again feature the Create A Club mode. Rangers fans are said to be relieved at the good news. (@Taribo_West_)

I believe the new firm derby is Aberdeen vs Dundee United. **** knows why

Mainly due to the early 80's when both teams were considered a genuine force in the Scottish game and rivals to the 'Old Firm'

but rangers are only in this position because they failed to do the things in business you should do, pay the tax man. there debts were unsustainable because there is no monetary value in that league, they are the victims of there own success, spending to try and win the league that they are, at worst going to finish second in. ive got no sympathy for them as a club or individuals and i hope they have to start from the bottom as a warning to other clubs in that tin pot league.

I'm a little confused by this post and what point in mine you are countering.

Yes I know its Rangers own fault and how they ended up in this mess and I have no sympathy with them.

My point was that the same could happen to any of the teams in the SPL and should it do so, if they've banished Rangers to the bottom of their leagues the same punishment would come their way and unlike Rangers they wouldn't come back.

Heard that they will be in the Scottish 3rd division next year. So Celtic will completely dominate the league now?

not necessarily. the league will be weaker, and even less of a draw. and with 2 champions league places still going to the SPL it gives other clubs an opportunity to get some cash money on board. ultimately it could be very good for the league in terms of competition, but not so much for terms of quality

My point was that the same could happen to any of the teams in the SPL and should it do so, if they've banished Rangers to the bottom of their leagues the same punishment would come their way and unlike Rangers they wouldn't come back.

it would only happen if they were stupid enough not to pay the taxman, and if they are that stupid after what has happened to rangers, then they deserve to be wound up

Â