"Club 12" from Glasgow

Richard

Dont usually give any of my time to following events to following events north of the border but I have been followed this situation loosely. I think the SPL need Rangers, but they have done wrong. So it is a punish them, but not too strongly kind of attitude. If it is was Motherwell or another minor club like that, they would have been demoted 3 divisions by now. But to be honest I dont really care that, the Scottish league is now even more of a joke. I think the Scottish league is not even top 20 in Europe now. And thats saying something.

I didnt know about Livingstone, but that is a perfect illustration of what I am saying.

A complete farce.

And if the Scottish league is 18th in the UEFA coefficient rankings then that is extremely bad considering where it was around 2007.

Paul Lambert only won 2 of his league games at Livingston before leaving the club in the February of the season he joined, but I think he's improved a wee bit since then!

Have to say, I'm gutted Livi haven't come out and said anything about the whole Rangers situation. They are in Div 1 now and so would probably get a vote in the matter.

Then again, if theres a chance they can trade their say for a second promotion spot in the Div 1 for the foreseeable future then they might take that.

Celtic will continue to sell out their stadium. Without checking, I doubt their attendance dips for non-Old Firm games. They're used to shooting fish in a barrel so this won't change much. If anything the fans will be even more enthusiastic to witness a guaranteed title winning season in record numbers. This will affect the other sides who don't sell out their stadiums. They'll lose 2 home games against Rangers and replace them probably with Dunfermline. There might be a slight upturn in attendances for clubs in with a chance of 2nd place.

I know a number of Rangers fans, and they all want to see themselves in the third division. Without that there is no sporting integrity. My forcing Rangers into the 1st division they are gambling that Rangers will return to the SPL within one season. Without that half of the SPL will probably be in administration, the visits of Rangers and Celtic make up over a third of the majority of clubs turnover. How much pressure will be on opposing chairmen and referees to ensure Rangers make it back?

I also find it a bit of a joke that all these chairmen want Rangers punished for running with an unsustainable business model. Yet the sustainability of there clubs is based around one with an unsustainable business model.

Realistically, i think Scottish football could be an non professional league inside a couple of years.

Â