Who do you want to replace Capello as England manager?

TRS-T

Who do you want to succeed Capello as England manager?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to succeed Capello as England manager?

• Harry Redknapp
    • Roy Hodgson
    • Alan Pardew
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Steve Bruce
    • Neil Warnock
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Stuart Pearce
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Chris Hughton
    • Ian Holloway
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Tony Mowbray
    • Other English manager
    • A foreign manager

Hopefully this means we won't have to put up with Gerrard spraying passes into the stands or any other Scouse garbage. I'd be happy with either him or Harry tbh. I can't see past Spain winning it anyway, a semi-final appearance is the best I'm hoping for.

A good appointment, if they give him a contract to the end of our participation in the 2014 World Cup. No shorter, no longer.

I just hope that he takes it, as I have had a long held fear that Benitez will be next England manager, and if Roy doesn't take it...............

A good appointment, if they give him a contract to the end of our participation in the 2014 World Cup. No shorter, no longer.

Apparently his contract will take him until Euro 2016.

Woy has been appointed to run the project at Burton. The long term development of the game is what will benefit England and Woy is the man for that. 'Arry will probably do better at motivating the players but he isn't exactly a master tactitian either.

I'm actually quite happy about this. He will be cheaper and has a better chance to make a long term difference to the way football played and coached in this country. We weren't going to win the Euro's or the WC anyway with where we are... so maybe we need to go back to go forward.

Good choice, experienced manager who has worked at international level before. More tactically minded than 'arry and less likely to end up with the FA being the stars of a Panorama investigative special any time soon.

The stick everyone seems to be beating him with is the Liverpool failure but I think the rest of the season has shown their squad was nowhere near as good as people were claiming at the time, if he'd been given time I doubt he'd of done much worse than Dalglish has.

He didn't succeed at Liverpool because he wasn't King Kenny.

I have a feeling this will be the case with the england job aswell.. he isn't Harry Redknapp..

Yep and looking on twitter its started already. Personally I'd be happy with Hodgson. Good manager and has international experience, think he deserves the oppurtunity.

A cautious hire by a cautious FA. Result = achieve nothing in major championships. So no change there then. He'll be steady, unremarkable and uncontroversial. If that's what you want.

Best choice by far and if you are going to pick on Woy's failings with that pile of red shite up north then what about Redface's consistant failings leading up to this season ..... the tax-dodging lobster-chops has achieved very little in the game and would be a disaster on the international stage.

Hodgson has far more experience of European and international football and the ability to get more out of average players (which England have a lot of). He has been hit and miss, but, it'll be less of a media circus than with 'Arry in charge.

I like Woy, he's the best option but can't help but feel he'll never get a chance like when he was at Liverpool.

This.

I'm really pleased for him but I think the media will be on his case from day one because their golden boy hasn't got the job.

Â