Who do you want to replace Capello as England manager?

TRS-T

Who do you want to succeed Capello as England manager?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to succeed Capello as England manager?

• Harry Redknapp
    • Roy Hodgson
    • Alan Pardew
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Steve Bruce
    • Neil Warnock
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Stuart Pearce
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Chris Hughton
    • Ian Holloway
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Tony Mowbray
    • Other English manager
    • A foreign manager

yes - I wrote it a while back hence the last paragraph.

Odd. It seems to have been lifted from Here

Nothing Is odd about it all. I wrote it a while back for a mate who helps to run the blog.

Well it is a little odd as it is doesn't really resemble your posts on here in any way but if you say its you fair enough.

Think what you like.

I dont give a monkeys what you think.

What do you mean it does not resemble my posts on here..?! Obviously not as the article was on England and not Aston villa.

This is a forum where you can write quick posts. I was writing an article - that's the difference.

All in all it's another total **** up by the FA. I don't blame Fabio for walking out though I'm really surprised he is giving up on a final opportunity to add the international honour to his CV. I reckon he would have stayed on if Harry had got sent down but either way the media would have made his job a nightmare as they always do leading up to tournaments. Redknapp may get a little more leeway and the players can get on with it. I reckon we'd do quite well under him tbh. For some reason Capello has just never clicked with our players, probably because of his poor English and the way having got to the World Cup he tried his best to get players in who had absolutely nothing to do with getting them there. Either way the whole world is playing catch-up with Spain so we're not likely to win it.

after hearing cameron throw his two pence in and criticise capello for going on the basis that terry simply cant be england captain i got thinking, why do people actually think he's gone?

1) because he's very fond of terry and doesnt like how he's been treated

2) because he doesnt like that a man not found guilty yet has been treated like he has

3) because the FA didnt consult him over the decision

4) because he had already stripped him, been pressured in to reappointing him and now looks a cock

im convinced its number 3 and i sympathise him i think the FA were bang out of order

Why no Martin O'Neill in the list? He's by far the best person for the job. An international manager doesn't get enough time to mould a team and bring their own tactics far enough in to the players' mentalities, therefore the manager has to just be able to motivate the best 11 he can pull together and inspire them into a fearless performance each time. With all that, ignoring what you think might have happened to end O'Neill's career here, he's the obvious candidate. Redknapp has done very well at Spurs, but mainly due to Levy's shrewdness and investment.

I'm really surprised he is giving up on a final opportunity to add the international honour to his CV.

:lol:

I suspect he knows damn well that another tournament managing England will lead inevitably to another blotch on his reputation, as per the World Cup.

Why no Martin O'Neill in the list? He's by far the best person for the job. An international manager doesn't get enough time to mould a team and bring their own tactics far enough in to the players' mentalities, therefore the manager has to just be able to motivate the best 11 he can pull together and inspire them into a fearless performance each time. With all that, ignoring what you think might have happened to end O'Neill's career here, he's the obvious candidate. Redknapp has done very well at Spurs, but mainly due to Levy's shrewdness and investment.
O'Neill is indeed an excellent motivator but he's also a terrible tactician.

I think he's best at making smaller clubs like Leicester and Sunderland perform and punch above their weight. I'm not so sure he's cut out for the England job.

I think he's best at making smaller clubs like Leicester and Sunderland perform and punch above their weight. I'm not so sure he's cut out for the England job.

Well England do punch above their weight a bit... :D

He gets great results with slightly crappy players. He'd be perfect!

Although, I believe he has already come out with a very definite not interested.

O'Neill would struggle for me as against more technical teams he would be found out though same would be of most English managers.

For me England should forget about major tournaments until 2016, hire a young exciting manager (who doesnt play Route 1) get rid of old guard and build a team around Hart, Wilshire, Rooney, Jones etc play to their strengths. But they wont and they will hire Redknapp who will try tosolve the greatest mystery since JFK, Can Lampard and Gerrard play together

I think Zatman might be right that the old Lampard and Stevie G together problem might make a comeback under Redknapp.

Redknapp is best bloke for the short term if still wants it.

As for MON well obviously that will never happen now but think he would been pretty good at international level despite not being a tactical genius.

Rmber McLaren didn't even qualify for Euro 2008.

Success with England is qualfying and getting to a quater final . Something which Sven kept doing in fairness even tho didnt like him much.

Talk of winning any tournament with England whatever the manager is often just dumb.

Seems some

in Essex wants Redknapp as manager.

"even if his face is melting off his head"... :lol:

Disclaimer: Possibly NSFW, but it is only a youtube link and contains minimal swearing. Less swearing than in this thread...

after hearing cameron throw his two pence in and criticise capello for going on the basis that terry simply cant be england captain i got thinking, why do people actually think he's gone?

1) because he's very fond of terry and doesnt like how he's been treated

2) because he doesnt like that a man not found guilty yet has been treated like he has

3) because the FA didnt consult him over the decision

4) because he had already stripped him, been pressured in to reappointing him and now looks a cock

im convinced its number 3 and i sympathise him i think the FA were bang out of order

I think Capello was probably more than happy to go.

I also think the FA weren't exactly devestated to see him leave.

The situation was convenient to them both. I don't expect Capello put too much thought into offering his resignation, and I don't think the FA would have hesitated when they accepted it.

Ultimately, I think you're right, it's number 3. But I think if either party had really wanted to keep Capello as manager, it could have happened.

As it was I think it was pretty much a mutual decision.

Â