Who do you want to replace Capello as England manager?

TRS-T

Who do you want to succeed Capello as England manager?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to succeed Capello as England manager?

• Harry Redknapp
    • Roy Hodgson
    • Alan Pardew
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Steve Bruce
    • Neil Warnock
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Stuart Pearce
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Chris Hughton
    • Ian Holloway
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Tony Mowbray
    • Other English manager
    • A foreign manager

I see the redtops are now claiming that the vast majority of England fans are furious that Redknapp wasn't appointed.

I don't think so.

So it seems one of the main reasons the FA went for Hodgson was because they believe he will embrace the National Football Centre in Burton more than Redknapp.

Why on earth is this a consideration for the England job?

Yes - the National Football Centre is important to help nuture future talent...but why is this the responsibility of the England manager? Surely there are two jobs there - giving them both to one person means neither will be done to their full potential?

Hodgson already lives in the West Midlands so he wont mind being based at St George's Park in Staffordshire.

Redknapp lives on the South Coast so I doubt that he would wanna move to the Midlands - he has only ever managed Southern clubs and he turned down the Newcastle job because of geography.

But it's a fair point.

Surely the job of the England manager is to manage the senior team and the senior team only?

Why? He only plays 12 games a year tops. Why pay him £2m to sit on his arse the rest of the time.

I'm all for Hodgson because he will embrace a national coaching ethos and will work to make sure that new and soon to be coaches get the support they need to develop.

Whats the point of having an England Coach because he won't be coaching the players. The managers job is to set the team up at short notice and make sure everyone knows what is required for the game - its management not coaching.

Yaeh I agree with all that but if Harry came in and won us a trophy nobody would care that he's not into all the coaching and that.

Likewise if Hodgson fails big time he will get sacked regardless of the good work he may do at Burton.

Roy Hodgson appointed England Manager

Tuesday, 01 May, 2012

The 64-year-old becomes England's 13th permanent Manager.

Watch the press conference with Roy Hodgson live on FATV from 4pm today.

An exclusive interview will also be online here shortly...

The Football Association is delighted to announce the appointment of Roy Hodgson as England Manager.

Joining from West Bromwich Albion, Hodgson has agreed a four year deal to become the full-time Manager of the Three Lions.

Hodgson, aged 64, who has won a total of eight league titles in a distinguished career, and coached the national teams of Switzerland, Finland and United Arab Emirates, met with FA officials at Wembley on Monday.

Having taken Switzerland to the FIFA World Cup™ in 1994 – their first Finals competition for 28 years – Hodgson also achieved a FIFA ranking of third in the world as well as successfully qualifying the team for Euro 96.

His former clubs include Inter Milan, Blackburn Rovers, Grasshoppers, FC Copenhagen, Fulham and Liverpool. He has also managed in Norway and Sweden. In addition, he has been a regular member of FIFA and UEFA’s technical study groups at tournaments.

Along with his vast experience of international and European football, Hodgson is the only English manager currently working in the top flight to have won the League Managers' Association manager of the year award.

The new Manager will take charge of England at Wembley for the first time, when the Three Lions take on Belgium on Saturday 2 June at Wembley Stadium (kick-off 5.15pm). Tickets are available at www.TheFA.com/Tickets

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/2012/roy-hodgson-appointed-england-manager

There it is then.. 4 year contract.

I like the sound of Woy's voice. I do not like the sound of 'Arry's voice. On that basis alone I am perfectly happy with this appointment.

I'm personally very happy with this intelligent and reasonable appointment, Good Luck Roy, may you do very well with the Three Lions. Congratulations on this prestigious appointment.

I like the sound of Woy's voice. I do not like the sound of 'Arry's voice. On that basis alone I am perfectly happy with this appointment.

They are both Cockneys aren't they.

We need a Brummie to manage England! :lol:

So in that case it'll have to be Sam Allardyce :P

Can you imagine Canada having a foreign ice hockey coach,

Louis Holmes - Coached Canadian Team to Olympic Gold in 1952 - Born in Rushall, England :winkold:

I knew you'd find an exception ;)

You get my point though.

Having a foreign coach in your number 1 sport is embarrassing.

bad news for the boggies...chris hughton wuld be a great appointment for them though! as would a certain Roberto Di Matteo! Good luck Roy always seems a good guy and has bags of experience hopefully he can remove the primadonna culture and replace it with something more passioned, authentic and inspiring

I think Hogson is a good choice for England.

Kind of annoying though as the only reason they didn't send Redknob down for fiddling the taxes was so he could be chosen as England manager.

Im not saying he is the best manager for England. But if he cant get the group of over paid pre-madonna's playing quality football like they play in there day job, no one is going to and it will be the players to blame this time not the manager!!!!

Hysterical.

So you sack one of the toughest guys in the business in Capello, and then hire Roy Hodgson who was fired from Liverpool one year ago? The guy who was hunted out like a witch from Anfield. The guy who at the prime of his career manages the mighty West Bromwich Albion? He has very few honours to brag about in his career, mostly league titles in Scandicavia.

This is a disaster waiting to happen, and he will probably be without a job in year. As per usual with England.

Hysterical.

So you sack one of the toughest guys in the business in Capello, and then hire Roy Hodgson who was fired from Liverpool one year ago? The guy who was hunted out like a witch from Anfield. The guy who at the prime of his career manages the mighty West Bromwich Albion? He has very few honours to brag about in his career, mostly league titles in Scandicavia.

This is a disaster waiting to happen, and he will probably be without a job in year. As per usual with England.

If only.

Capello has managed Milan, Real Madrid, Milan again, Roma, Juventus, Real Madrid again and then England. He won 7 Scudettos, a Champions League trophy, 2 La Ligas etc.

Roy Hodgson has won stuff in the Swedish and the Danish league, and nothing else, and he is hired for probably the most difficult job in football.

Got a job too big for him at Liverpool, and he failed like everyone in the world anticipated. And now the ENGLAND job? Wow, someone is **** with him bigtime. You know, except the huge payoff package he is getting in 12 months.

England 1-1 United States

England 0-0 Algeria

England 1-0 Slovenia

England 1-4 Germany

Lets hope Woy can do better than Fabio eh?

Â