Who do you want to replace Capello as England manager?

TRS-T

Who do you want to succeed Capello as England manager?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to succeed Capello as England manager?

• Harry Redknapp
    • Roy Hodgson
    • Alan Pardew
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Steve Bruce
    • Neil Warnock
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Stuart Pearce
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Chris Hughton
    • Ian Holloway
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Tony Mowbray
    • Other English manager
    • A foreign manager

The biggest problem RH is going to have with his players is the language barrier.

I'll bet his Swiss, Italian, etc. squads spoke better English than the morons who play for England.

I bet they didn't.

At least we have a manager who can actually speak English though.

I still find it crazy that England appointed a manager who couldn't speak English.

Could you ever imagine the Italians appointing a manager who couldn't speak Italian?

No.

The biggest problem RH is going to have with his players is the language barrier.

I'll bet his Swiss, Italian, etc. squads spoke better English than the morons who play for England.

I bet they didn't.

cgon476l.jpg

That front page has made me cringe.

Embarrassing.

Agreed but entirely on form for those scumbags.

Yep.

The idea of 'Arry being favourite for the job is a media fallacy. However, they've been proven wrong, the knives are out. You just have to browse 'Arry's friends at The Sun, Mirror, Alan Green or Daniel Taylor from the Guardian (not all his friends but hyper critical of Hodgson's appointment) without merit thus far. It's incredibly infantile. Imagine if Euro 2012 starts badly? Our gutter press will be scratching their yellow bellies in delight.

A man who speaks 5 languages fluently is riducled by a paper with readers and journalists who struggle with one. Top work, as ever.

I think the biggest thing Roy needs to do is create a clean break with the England squad. He needs to ditch the old guard wholesale. They're going to be of little use to him for the next World Cup, and they have an influence that could be the end of him. In some cases there will be an obvious overlap, Rooney and the like, but he needs rid of Gerrard, Lampard, Terry and co. They have too much sway and if they don't like him, they will make life hard for him. Capello found that out - excellent in qualifying but the moment he insists on things they dislike at the tournament, they can't be arsed.

So he shouldn't give them the opportunity.

Absolutely this

No good messing around, clean break start afresh

As I posted on facebook:

So the press are unhappy about it being Woy instead of arry? Despite being a lot more qualified than 'Arry?

The worst thing they can dredge up about Hodgson is that he played one season of Football in South Africa 40 years ago. Redknapp probably wouldn't make it past the first loss with the amount of shit to be dug up about him.

Hodgson failed at Liverpool? Well failing at the dippers isn't that bad, there's not a manager alive who could turn around those overpaid self-important wanks. The players got him the sack because they didn't want to bring their training/diet/off pitch activities into the new millennium.

As for arry, being a geezer only helps when you're winning. Redknapp buys and sell players until he can find some that work in his system. Can't really do that at International Level. Hodgson is used to doing it on a relatively limited budget so a fixed set of players shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Cant agree there. You have to work with what you have. Hodgson's main job is to get results with the first team, but bringing new players through is something he will take more of an interest in than Redknapp who's been proven to be a short term thinker time and again, just look at Pompey.

Roy is involved in the coaching side of things. He will actually spend time up in Burton on Trent when the new centre of excellence finally opens. Again, getting that side of the game sorted out has to be the highest priority. We spent all our money on Wembley, now lets invest in the grass roots so eventually we will have a team fit to grace it.

WTF is wrong with the media in England

They are all gutted that their crown prince didn't get the job, had he done so the level of access some of them would have had to the England team would have been unprecedented.

Add to that the fact they've been made to look like the clueless mugs that most of them are for the last few months as they told the world Harry was set for the job only for him to be over looked.

Their noses are out of joint over this one.

I don't read the papers but there was one lying about in the canteen yesterday

I could not believe the bile The Mirror churned out about Hodgson

It was like bitter, bullying school kids who hadn't got their way

Disgusting

Â