Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

What is it about the shirt that people are saying it's shit? I don't think it looks as bad as people make it out to be.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's shit, I just don't personally like it.

It looks cheap, in large part thanks to the design. It's not... classy, harmonious, whatever. The collar is fussy to my eye, the little triangle at the front looks like it came from a different shirt. The Macron bloke on the shoulders makes them look too busy and untidy. The yellow trim at the bottom doesn't really 'fit' the rest of the design, it looks like it was just tacked on to add another detail.

To be honest the whole thing can be described in that way - they realised they need a claret body and blue sleeves, and then they just chucked stuff at it to make the design and none of it really flows together. So they chucked on a collar that has one kind of detail, and added another detail to the front of it, and then chucked on the yellow base trim, and then whacked the Macron blokes in the most convenient place. And then the 'premium' detail is going to be the heat prints lion on the back which you just... know is going to look a bit desperate, as that doesn't really 'fit' in either.

It's not a bad design... it's just not a good one either. You can tell its made by a company not at the top of their game - it's an also ran.

I also think the material looks a bit shit but it's hard to judge that off admittedly poor photos.

It's not hideous, or a travesty... it's just not good either. It reminds me of a few of the more naff early/mid 90s designs somehow - the designers having a field day with the kit and not making a cohesive design, which requires restraint and clear vision.

The away might get away with it a little more, although the colour rumours have me convinced it's going to be hideous.

Don't like it, disappointing after last seasons which was really nice.

But what is it you don't like?

I don't like the collar, the blue looks too light, the yellow at the bottom is completely unnecessary, the macron sign looks plain and boring and I loved the subtle checks in last seasons which are gone.

Do you like it? What is it about it you like?

What is it about the shirt that people are saying it's shit? I don't think it looks as bad as people make it out to be.

It looks cheap, in large part thanks to the design. It's not... classy, harmonious, whatever. The collar is fussy to my eye, the little triangle at the front looks like it came from a different shirt. The Macron bloke on the shoulders makes them look too busy and untidy. The yellow trim at the bottom doesn't really 'fit' the rest of the design, it looks like it was just tacked on to add another detail.

To be honest the whole thing can be described in that way - they realised they need a claret body and blue sleeves, and then they just chucked stuff at it to make the design and none of it really flows together. So they chucked on a collar that has one kind of detail, and added another detail to the front of it, and then chucked on the yellow base trim, and then whacked the Macron blokes in the most convenient place. And then the 'premium' detail is going to be the heat prints lion on the back which you just... know is going to look a bit desperate, as that doesn't really 'fit' in either.

It's not a bad design... it's just not a good one either. You can tell its made by a company not at the top of their game - it's an also ran.

I also think the material looks a bit shit but it's hard to judge that off admittedly poor photos.

It's not hideous, or a travesty... it's just not good either. It reminds me of a few of the more naff early/mid 90s designs somehow - the designers having a field day with the kit and not making a cohesive design, which requires restraint and clear vision.

The away might get away with it a little more, although the colour rumours have me convinced it's going to be hideous.

It's like you literally read my mind. :D The away kit will outsell this tenfold if it's as garish as we're expecting

It's like you literally read my mind. :D The away kit will outsell this tenfold if it's as garish as we're expecting

Agree with all of what Chindie said, bloody hell cant they just have one of our mock up artists design next time?! sums up everything I couldnt be arsed saying, and I suspect the same people saying we dont like it because its not Nike, are the same clearings in the woods saying things like if the players name was ""Adamsona Johnsinio"" etc we would be happy. :lol:

It must clash with some of these fashion victim's shoes and handbags. :)

Alternatively, it might be that some Villa fans don't like to see their team decked out in a shit West Ham circa 90's effort. The oddballs.

I've been on VT for the release of 3 kits and it seems there's been much moaning about every single one of them. :lol:

Villa fans. Moan? Surely not!

I'm sick of this type of comment.

I've been on VT for the release of 3 kits and it seems there's been much moaning about every single one of them. :lol:

Villa fans. Moan? Surely not!

I'm sick of this type of comment.

Stop moaning

Â