Martin O'Neill

maqroll

So there remaining fixtures this year....

Chelsea (H)

Reading (A)

Man Utd (A)

Southampton (A)

Man City (H)

Spurs (H)

I don't see many points there for O'Neill, I'd be worried if I was a Mackam as they are in danger of free fall.

That's a harsh set of fixtures!!!! (shame :crylaugh: )

At least MON faces Benitez next week - probably his best chance of points!!! (can imagine both sets of fans chanting 'you're getting sacked in the morning')

Can't see him getting sacked so he'll have to walk (again). I can't see that happening soon as they were good in the second half today apparently.

He is a bit of a dinosaur these days but I can't see them getting a better manager in.

Can't see him getting sacked so he'll have to walk (again). I can't see that happening soon as they were good in the second half today apparently.

He is a bit of a dinosaur these days but I can't see them getting a better manager in.

They were good but their confidence can be in the lowest bottom of the barrel right now because even with all that effort they couldnt scrape a draw so couple next games might be very tough for them.

Got to say it takes great courage, foresight and imagination to see that a player like Ashley Westwood will have an impact at this level, on the other hand, it takes no effort to understand that if you buy Steven Fletcher, Adam Johnson et al, you'll get a guarantee of at least moderate success.

Seriously the squad is not that bad its down the woeful management. He has been awful, this reminds me of mon in his final year for me.

Could not happen to a nicer bloke

If you watched them yesterday you'd have to agree the gods just aren't shining on them at all. They absolutely battered Norwich for an hour. On another day they may well have put 5 past them.

Frankly, it's all a bit macabre for me. I'm still very fond of Martin O'Neill and to see him looking as disheveled, a shadow of the man he was in his time here gives me absolutely no pleasure at all. I think the Villa job took much more out of him than we imagine.

Sunderland FC on the other hand can suck my fat one. Every cloud....

squad is that bad though. O'Shea, Cuellar, Kilgallon are not good enough defenders for Premier League and when your best player according to the fans this season is Danny Rose or your goalkeeper you know your ****

Their squad is arguably better than ours. But they've got a lot of established players on high wages whereas ours are young and hungry. I think we're in a better position than them personally. MON always seems to get some sort of reaction from his teams when they go on a bad run, but Sunderland's reaction hasn't led to them getting any points. They've played better, but still lost. There has to be a point where that becomes quite soul destroying.

Our team are improving. We have the dodgy performance here and there, but we're picking up points and some individual performances have been excellent.

I think they will be ok.

It is a bit like his first season with us. He will probably start getting some results in the second half of the season.

His first season with us we had the longest undefeated run in the football league

Â