Martin O'Neill

maqroll

He fogot to mention all the other clubs that spent more on transfers/wages, and that already had bigger and better squads than Villa's. It is not black and white. O'Neill did a good job. That's why all of us were so furious when he left.

I agree MON did a good job but I'd say most were furious when he left because of the manner that he did it. Had he left at the end of the season I'd have said thanks for everything and good luck.

Yeah exactly. People were furious because he left 5 days before the start of a new seaosn and dropped us in the shit.
  • Like 1

And we agreed to settle outside of court because he simply quit 5 days before the season starts.

Yep, that makes perfect sense.

Usually people and companies settle things outside of court because it can be cheaper than going through the whole process in courts, also the whole thing becomes public and certain media latch into every little thing etc and so on.

But surely if the club was 100% right and MoN simply quit 5 days before the season started none of that would matter.

Not necessarily. Even if the club won it still would've been a long and expensive process. It's quite telling that a someone as malicious as O'Neill would settle out of court. If he had a strong case I'm pretty sure he would've gone all the way.

Someone as malicious as MON? Yes he does this all the time doesn't he.

He took the case to the courts, if he had simply walked out 5 days before the season started I don't see why the club wouldn't see it through.

At the end of the day Aston Villa paid compensation to him, if we'd really done nothing wrong how weak and pathetic is that?

Someone as malicious as MON? Yes he does this all the time doesn't he.

He took the case to the courts, if he had simply walked out 5 days before the season started I don't see why the club wouldn't see it through.

At the end of the day Aston Villa paid compensation to him, if we'd really done nothing wrong how weak and pathetic is that?

He's got history for being nasty and holding grudges.

Because it would be a long drawn out process!

And if O'Neill was sure that we did something wrong why did he settle out of court? I don't see why he wouldn't see it through.

Apparently Fletcher limped off injured. They're fcuked if he's out for a while.

In for a long hard season, even during our good seasons we still had periods when we went 2 months without a win which showed to me MON wasn't this wonder manager people at the time made him out to be.

Also meant to say aswell it wouldn't surprise me if he was sacked/walked away some point during this season.

I really don't think he's enjoying it that much at Sunderland save for them being his boyhood club. I think he realises his last chance of being in the managerial big time was with us.

If Fletcher is injured for longer time, Sunderland will be in plenty of trouble. They did play better against Everton but I can see them in bottom five when coming to january, and if they hit the "MON Slump" in spring they will be relegation candidates.

Â