Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

third date tonight. still at very early stages

she keeps saying to me i feel like I have known you longer than I have which i think is a good sign girls only say this if they are comfortable around you

I think it sounds promising.

She's already mentioned long term plans (probably trying to discreetly tell you that she doesn't want anything 'casual') and she's asked to go to a Greek restaurant with you, which I see as a good sign. 

• Like 1

3rd date for me last night and I think the friend-zone is looming.

Quotes from her......."I think you're too nice for me"...."I dont know what I want"...."we are so different, you're into IT and I'm a music teacher"......"I think you're too straight"...."do you ever swear?"

Christ on a bike, I act the perfect gentleman, opening doors, putting her coat on, all that good shit, and I get marked down. I think she just wants a bit of rough.

Edited by stuart_75
typo

4 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Quotes from her......."I think you're too nice for me"...."I dont know what I want"...."we are so different, you're into IT and I'm a music teacher"......"I think you're too straight"...."do you ever swear?"

Christ on a bike, I act the perfect gentleman, opening doors, putting her coat on, all that good shit, and I get marked down. I think she just wants a big of rough.

I'd do one. Insecure and she'd be a head ****. Get out. Well, get when you can first then get out.

10 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Christ on a bike, I act the perfect gentleman, opening doors, putting her coat on, all that good shit, and I get marked down. I think she just wants a big of rough.

Sounds like the case mate IMO.

If it was me (actually I wouldn't have made it to date 3 but ignore that), I reckon just don't bother texting her or anything, if she gets in touch, take things from there.

Could be a test to see how interested you are, but I'd wager your suspicions are spot on. 

Where's PongRiddims when you need him?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Sounds like the case mate IMO.

If it was me (actually I wouldn't have made it to date 3 but ignore that), I reckon just don't bother texting her or anything, if she gets in touch, take things from there.

Could be a test to see how interested you are, but I'd wager your suspicions are spot on. 

This is bang on the money. I wont be texting her, I'll wait to see if she asks me out. Another quote from last night...."I think you're really into me". I'm just paying an interest in her, asking her loads of questions. Then she asks me "whats the worst thing you've done".

That was an interesting conversation!

15 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

That sucks mate sorry to hear that. Unfortunately if your too nice women don't find that attractive for some reason. They are wierd prefer to be treated like dogcrap

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Sorry Dem, that sounds suspiciously like friend zone talk. 

(unless the sentence ended with "and that's why I'd like to jump on you")

We'll if ends ce le vest but she seems anything but that at the mo..

• Like 1

Greek beats indian in my book but I could eat either food for the rest of my life and not tire of it.

Demitri_c likes this "greatly" [emoji14]

Nothing beats Indian although Greek is pretty awesome but I will admit to a limited knowledge of it.

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

Christ on a bike, I act the perfect gentleman, opening doors, putting her coat on, all that good shit, and I get marked down. I think she just wants a bit of rough.

Text her that you want dhutwu... You'll know where she stands then.... 

Seeiously though, if you like her ask if there is a chance there, no point changing yourself, but also no point pussy footing around the issue.

She'll end up getting with a bit of rough, he'll treat her like shit then she'll update her facebook status with "Where are all the nice guys?"

I've never understood women saying that they like bad boys and some men can be too nice. Since when was being a perfect gentlemen a bad thing? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

That sucks mate sorry to hear that. Unfortunately if your too nice women don't find that attractive for some reason. They are wierd prefer to be treated like dogcrap

They'll regret it when they are past their prime and stuck in an abusive relationship. They'll yearn for the nice guys then!

• Like 1

I can only echo your comments gents. My ex of 17 years is now with a bloke who is "possessive and jealous" all the time, but she wont kick him out.

She thought the grass was greener. Seems like woman are attracted to danger. I actually think they think they can tame these blokes who are knobs.

If you were smart you would have said

"FFS I just wanna DYUTWU"

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

3 hours ago, choffer said:

Sorry Dem, that sounds suspiciously like friend zone talk. 

(unless the sentence ended with "and that's why I'd like to jump on you")

We'll if ends ce le vest but she seems anything but that at the mo..

Just pulling your leg, chief. Sounds like a promising start. Hope it goes well.

This is bang on the money. I wont be texting her, I'll wait to see if she asks me out. Another quote from last night...."I think you're really into me". I'm just paying an interest in her, asking her loads of questions. Then she asks me "whats the worst thing you've done".

That was an interesting conversation!

Or you could text her and ask her outright where she sees you two going as you are too busy to waste time on things that are going nowhere? It should get a response!

I wish I took my own advice! :D

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

In that case next time you're on a date, subtly mention that you rarely use zebra crossings and that you like running with scissors.

Putty. In. Your. Hands.

or better still swing an axe at her head ;)

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

They'll regret it when they are past their prime and stuck in an abusive relationship. They'll yearn for the nice guys then!

well im taken for so if there are any nice ladies out there who want a gentleman who wears a lovely smoking jacket i do apologise.

Â