Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

It has been a great few pages over these last few weeks. Good to hear advice from people who've "been there and done that" so to speak.

Nothing could be as depressing as anything Villa related surely?

25 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

This has become one of the most depressing threads outside of the actual Aston Villa related ones.

It's been getting a little bit too red pill for my tastes in these past couple of pages but I like this thread.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Ah, if so then I appear quite harsh lol. I don't hate dem either way btw, it just triggered a response in my brain :)

In fairness, it does read the way you've initially taken it and I had to read it twice myself. I think he means no sympathy towards the "bad boy loving" women cos it ties in better with the overall conversation. 

But like I say I could be wrong :)

23 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

This has become one of the most depressing threads outside of the actual Aston Villa related ones.

I'm not sure depressing is the correct word, but it does seem that whole concept of 'dating' these days is a completely different animal to the one that I used to know.

It seems to have evolved into a series of tests and guidelines that I just don't really understand, but again that's probably down to me being a forty-something happily married fella.

Hard work indeed and I don't envy you chaps at all, but best of luck with it :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's been getting a little bit too red pill for my tastes in these past couple of pages but I like this thread.

Surely red pill is just seducing women then getting rid of them once you have had your way with them. I think the vast majority do want to meet someone to have a meaningful relationship with, although, it does seem a different ball game now to what I experienced when I was a young buck :) There is definitely more 'games' played on both sides now! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Just had to check which pill Neo took to establish if you were commenting on the harsh reality of this thread or not.;)

Yeah it is a bit, but I much prefer it that way. 

• Like 1

Ahhhhh, just seen my ex girlfriend has split up with her boyfriend. I feel slightly satisfied from this which probably means I still feel something. It's been almost 2 years for **** sake :detect:

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

Surely red pill is just seducing women then getting rid of them once you have had your way with them. I think the vast majority do want to meet someone to have a meaningful relationship with, although, it does seem a different ball game now to what I experienced when I was a young buck :) There is definitely more 'games' played on both sides now! 

I meant more the whole gentleman/nice guy vs bad boy debate. As @Ingram85 mentioned, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a gentleman; women like that just fine. Reminds me of the whole r/NiceGuys meme. 

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

In a lot of cases, women who are drawn to so-called 'bad boys' may not have particularly high self-esteem themselves, or they're more after a fling than a long term committed relationship.  If you're just after a fling, let's face it, everyone would be more drawn to something that seems more exciting and dangerous than your safe perfect gentleman type of character. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Ah, if so then I appear quite harsh lol. I don't hate dem either way btw, it just triggered a response in my brain :)

Sorry mate i can see how you found it offensive i meant in terms of getting treadded on by badboys over and over not nice guys!!

Anyone seen the hastag "wastehistime2016"!? 

Basically it seems to be mostly women who Dem identified earlier. Bitter, pumped and dumped sloshpots who've only ever chased after bad boys/players/blokes above their level who only want a slam, and are using the hastag as some pathetic attempt at revenge (or something).

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

3 hours ago, Warnock said:

Ahhhhh, just seen my ex girlfriend has split up with her boyfriend. I feel slightly satisfied from this which probably means I still feel something. It's been almost 2 years for **** sake :detect:

How did your relationship end with her?

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I meant more the whole gentleman/nice guy vs bad boy debate. As @Ingram85 mentioned, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a gentleman; women like that just fine. Reminds me of the whole r/NiceGuys meme. 

Oh I've been there, i've been the guy who is too nice and not 'dangerous' enough. Oh well, different strokes as they say...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Oh I've been there, i've been the guy who is too nice and not 'dangerous' enough. Oh well, different strokes as they say...

your the most dangerous bloke ive ever spoken to online. your badder than sliced bread.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

How did your relationship end with her?

I ended it stupidly enough. We were together for 3 years almost. As soon as we got a place together it all went downhill. Within about 6 months I had to cut it due to constant arguing and stuff. Yet, before that when I used to see her like twice a week things were great.

Â