Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

I did briefly work in the same building as my missus.

We were already together when I got a job for the same company as her. Different work, different department, different floor. But yeah, there's nothing quite as exciting!

Long time ago. I wonder who's got that desk now?

Went on a date last night which is quite a rare thing for me! Had a really good time, 4 hours just flew by and had a good chat, only problem is... I don't really find her all that attractive :(

She's a really nice girl and we got on really well, but I don't know if I want to see her again which is incredibly shallow of me. I'm not exactly an oil painting myself but I think I can do better :lol:

So I really don't know what to do..  Has VT ever been in this situation before? What did you do?

I don't know whether to just be honest now and say I'm not all that interested, but if you lose a little bit of weight I might be :lol:

Or

Go on a second date and decide again

Or

Just wait til I try to DHUTWU and judge her by that response! 

Went on a date last night which is quite a rare thing for me! Had a really good time, 4 hours just flew by and had a good chat, only problem is... I don't really find her all that attractive :(

She's a really nice girl and we got on really well, but I don't know if I want to see her again which is incredibly shallow of me. I'm not exactly an oil painting myself but I think I can do better :lol:

So I really don't know what to do..  Has VT ever been in this situation before? What did you do?

I don't know whether to just be honest now and say I'm not all that interested, but if you lose a little bit of weight I might be :lol:

Or

Go on a second date and decide again

Or

Just wait til I try to DHUTWU and judge her by that response! 

I think you know the answer already.

Just own your own shallowness and learn to live with the guilt.  :)

Yeah you're probably right. She keeps messaging me all the time. Think she might be a bit of a freak. I'm scared.

If you got on really well with her the other night then why not get to know her a bit better and see what happens, she sounds keen on you so nothing to lose either way. Edited by Bunnski

Just nail it you bloody pussy, deal with the consequences after. Women love being treated like that, it'll 100% make her fall in love with you.

If that doesn't work, show her your ergonomic management keyboard.

• Like 4

It wasn't a blind date! She has just mastered the art of taking a selfie. I've decided to see her again on Sunday. I will decide after the next meet. We've been chatting on WhatsApp all week and we get on really well which is rare for me.

So, if I can come round to the idea of kissing her on Sunday I might keep seeing her. I think it's unlikely though!

Being quite shallow sucks, I have no right to want better.... But I do!

And hahaha, no pics, could be your sister for all I know :P

Edited by PieFacE

I don't think it's shallow to want to be attracted to someone you are going to spend a lot of intimate time with.

One thing I would say though is that believe it or not attraction can happen through the ears as well as the eyes.

A good friend of mine met a girl, far from an oil painting but they were made for each other personality wise. It's their first wedding anniversary next week!

Split with the girlfriend of 12 years just before Christmas, she said things had changed for her! I'd put it down to her new job and work xollegues although I was and am sure she wasn't screwing anyone else. I tried to put us back together but she said no so I bought myself a new house and had the kids as much as posible with the lingering hope we'd be able to reconcile!. We've always been on speaking terms and I've always made the effort to help as much as I can financially etc. The last few months she seemed to be warming to me and I really thought when she gets back from holiday with the kids we'd be getting back together!. I ran into a mutual friend last week who proceeded to inform me me that she's been shagging a bloke from her work the last few months!!! The friend knows cos she told her! I've been there for the ex all the time through problems she's had this year including her father dying! I've asked her and Shea denied it but everything I've suspected but tried to ignore adds up and I'm 110% convinced. Funnily enough I'd still take her back if she was honest-what does that say?

Â