Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Pieface - I wouldn't say I'm socialable. I'm fine once I get to know someone but shy when I first meet. In fact as I get older I seem to be getting shyer and more insecure! I thought as you get older you become more comfortable with yourself - clearly not in my case!

I actually like living on my own during the week as I work long hours and I like having a bit of down time in the evenings to watch boxsets, listen to music, read, etc. However I do get lonely at weekends as unless I'm out with my friends, I don't really have anything to do. Most of my mates are settled down now so 'beers with the boys' sessions on saturdays are few and far between. Some weekends I can have no meaningful contact with anyone. This makes me yearn for someone to spend this time with, so I can get out and do stuff, if that makes sense?

Another post I completely relate to. I genuinely could have posted that.

the gym seems a good place to meet women.

Classes at the gym would be your best bet.

In my experience, unless you're ridiculously handsome, girls don't want to talk to you at the gym. Most of them go there to exercise and get the **** out. 

Classes are much more sociable though.

One thing i did find when I was active in the dating scene was the amount of women with issues/baggage. Be it with family, ex partners or other such stuff. Extremely off putting. I'm a simple character who leads a simple life, Can't be doing with stress in my personal life, let alone dealing with someone elses. That may sound harsh but any sign of stuff like that then i'm out!

But you have to remember how a man's life is ennobled by suffering.

I am sure the Norse religion must have a hall set aside in their vision of the afterlife, just one notch below Valhalla (the hall of the slain) called Galhalla (the hall of the nagged-to-death).:)

One thing i did find when I was active in the dating scene was the amount of women with issues/baggage. Be it with family, ex partners or other such stuff. Extremely off putting. I'm a simple character who leads a simple life, Can't be doing with stress in my personal life, let alone dealing with someone elses. That may sound harsh but any sign of stuff like that then i'm out!

You sound like my oldest son (currently lodging with us...) he's 23,he recently met a lovely looking bit of stuff, part time model, 4 years his senior with a 7 year old kid.

Within 2 weeks he was all "she's the one"!!

Within 6 weeks he's dumped her for constantly arguing, hassling him when he doesn't text every 5 minutes and generally being insane.

You sound like my oldest son (currently lodging with us...) he's 23,he recently met a lovely looking bit of stuff, part time model, 4 years his senior with a 7 year old kid.

Within 6 weeks he's dumped her for constantly arguing, hassling him when he doesn't text every 5 minutes and generally being insane.

have you gave him some good advice? like..............

People tend to be surprised when they find good-looking people can be damaged too.

Usually by unrealistic expectations.

I always find dating a nightmare. I go through spells of trying and likewise the girls I like aren't interested and I'm not interested in the ones that like me. I usually just get really pissed off for various reasons and sack it of for a while. 

Getting by with the odd one night stand and a few short lived things, it's been a while since I've been in a proper relationship. I met someone two months ago and for now things seem to be going very well. Still early days but from my experience, while its no good not doing anything about it, don't try too hard and something will come up.

While things are going good at the moment, I'm fully expecting to update this thread having monumentally cocked up or she turns out to be a little crazy :D

Nearly had that monumental cock up in record time, as she's been a bit worried & done a pregnancy test today :o

Thankfully it was negative.

I always find dating a nightmare. I go through spells of trying and likewise the girls I like aren't interested and I'm not interested in the ones that like me. I usually just get really pissed off for various reasons and sack it of for a while. 

Getting by with the odd one night stand and a few short lived things, it's been a while since I've been in a proper relationship. I met someone two months ago and for now things seem to be going very well. Still early days but from my experience, while its no good not doing anything about it, don't try too hard and something will come up.

While things are going good at the moment, I'm fully expecting to update this thread having monumentally cocked up or she turns out to be a little crazy :D

Nearly had that monumental cock up in record time, as she's been a bit worried & done a pregnancy test today :o

Sometimes you have to have a relationship to remind yourself why you don't have a relationship.

• Like 2

have you gave him some good advice? like..............

DHUTWU?

Of course :)

• Like 2

Should have DHUTWU.

• Like 2

Should have DHUTWU.

But there's always the risk that when you pull out some stray grey matter will follow suit and slide effortlessly down the gooch and into the love sleeve, thus rendering DHUTWU poor advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, without going into things in too much detail and risk sounding like a hopeless romantic pussy, tonight was pretty crushing :(

I wish life was more like the movies.

Sorry to hear that. Yes, Hollywood has a lot to answer for. 

Very easy to say now, but however tonight went, however crushed it may leave you, the time will come when it's just a memory. That time starts tomorrow. 

:)

Â