Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

sorry lads we fell out last night so i could not be arsed to talk about saturday night because i was already wound up with her but i promise i will have the full story on here before i go to bed tonight, ay quite got the time yet.

apparently the missus was released and they are taking some time to work through some issues in a grown up mature way

Corbis-BE039459.jpg

that would sum up saturday night  :D

• Like 1

i will go into detail in a bit but she drank way too much on saturday and the night went from being one of the best ever to one of the worst ever, i rang the police on her in birmingham and she spent the night in the cells  :D

Sounds a bit cellfish. :D

right then on saturday night we went to watch fleetwood mac at the NEC and with it being the missus favourite band and also our band i was expecting a great night and tbf it started off great as we got the 3 o'clock train to brum with a few beers in hand. anyway when we got to the hotel we carried on drinking and she got herself ready for the gig and we got a taxi to the NEC from the travelodge at birmingham international and once at the arena we carried on drinking very overpriced beer and also got ourselves two fleetwood mac tour t shirts. by now we were half cut but could not wait for the concert and once the concert started we were having a great time, singing,dancing,hugging,kissing and she was even in tears because we were right at the front and she was just overwhelmed. anyway the drinks kept flowing and she was getting louder and louder but i thought shes just having a good time but at the end of the concert i could see her mood changing and the next thing i know she walks out of the arena, i leave her for ten minutes thinking shes just gone the toilet or something but in the end i went to find her and shes sat outside ranting and raving to anyone that walks by then as soon as she see's me she starts accusing me of going off with other women in the concert  :crylaugh:

i tried to calm her down but she just got worse and worse and in the end i thought f*** this im off home so i jump in one of the taxis at the rank and tell him to take me home. i rang her sister who was staying at our house with the kids and told her what had happend and i was on way home, by this point i was getting loads of abusive voicemails off the missus so i was glad i was on way home. but all of a sudden just as im nearly at tamworth she changes her attitude and begs me to go back to the hotel so like a daft clearing in the woods i tell the taxi driver to turn around and to cut a long story short im back at the hotel but nearly 80 quid out of pocket. right so im back at hotel and walk up to our room and as i walk in she violently attacks me and starts throwing cups and everything at me, i try to calm her down but she keeps attacking me and by this point im ready for knocking her out but i keep my calm and try and walk away but she just keeps attacking me so by this point im on the edge of doing something stupid so to take my anger away i get on my knees and egg her on by telling her to give me some more and laughing at her. so im on my knees and shes giving me some and in the end i walkoff laughing and she goes backinto the hotel screaming and crying.

im so pissed off with her now that i go up to the hotel reception and tell the lad that i want to ring the police because ive been assualted, he asks whats happend so i tell him and ive got marks on my face,neck and arm. i ring police and tell them whats going on and while imon the phone she comes down half naked screaming and shouting and making a right scene with loads of people just watching in shock. she goes back upstairs and the police arrive, by this point ive calmed down and tell them to forget it but they say they cant do that and they need to follow it up. so they go and talk to her but she ay calming down and they arrest her for assualt.

by now im stuck in some hotel with no money and my phone has died and i just want to go home but the two officers that remain talk me into getting my head down once they have got the details of what happend. anyway i eventually get my head down and next thing i know the police are waking me up at 2 o'clock in the morning because they to grab the missus anti depressant tablets which are in the hotel room, im fast asleep and they just walked in and woke me up. they also started asking more questions and wanted me to fill this form in, i said can it wait until the morning but they said it couldn't. i eventually go back to sleep but im back up at half 6 wondering how the hell imgoing to get back home and what time they are going to release her. for the next three hours i watch planes take off and land as im right next to the runway and i keep making trips down to reception to try and sort out a lift and find out if anyone has heard anything about when they are releasing the missus.

i eventually get picked up and go and wait at stechford police station for her release, while im there two female police officers take me into the interview room and ask me if i still want to drop the charges which i say i do and then they keep asking me questions about if this has happend before and doi realise ive been a victim of domestic abuse. they are also concerned about how things are going to be when we get home together but i tell them everything will be fine and shes not normally violent which she aint. they decide its safe for both of us to leave together so they let her out and i call her a stupid clearing in the woods and put my arm around her and the rest is history  :)  but either of us can get our head round how the night went from being one of the best ever to one of the worst because there was nothing at all that triggered her to act like that against me, we just put it down to too much alcohol. it was great having the police on my side for once  ;)

• Like 1

I don't know whether to laugh or feel really sad at that story.

I'm so happy my life is simple. 

• Like 2

I don't know whether to laugh or feel really sad at that story.

I'm so happy my life is simple. 

shes still coming to terms with it because its not cool for a mum to spend the night in the cells. i never felt in danger i just did it to teach her a lesson.

Ruge, for both of your sakes, as individuals and as a couple, I hope that when you're both in a calm and happy enough place and state to talk, you discuss the cutting down on the alcohol.

There's nothing wrong with getting liquored up, but when it results in violence or even aggressive arguing, maybe you both need to know that when you get to a certain point, you need to pace yourselves and just maintain a happy level of jolly-ness, to avoid any aggression?

Your previous experience has taught you both that you would have enjoyed the concert more and had a better time back at the hotel, having consumed much less alcohol. Your previous experience has also taught you both that sticking to just a couple of beers can be difficult. Why ignore all that experience and risk turning the night from "one of the best ever to one of the worst"?

Easy solution: Leave your card at home, withdraw a sensible amount of cash for alcohol, merch, taxis and food, then you won't overspend and overdrink...

..... Unless you forego the merch, food and taxis for more booze, in which case you're doing it wrong! :D

when we first got together we were like cat and dog and both of us were violent but the kids calmed us down, the other night it was like going back to when we first got together but the only difference was i actually had not done anything this time. also when we go out drinking we normally get on really well and enjoy each others company but i will admit we both over drank and ruined such a great night. shes shit at drinking and i never know when to stop once i pass a certain amount.

i dont think there is nothing wrong with getting drunk and i dont go out that often these days because of the kids and money so i will go out now and again but i think she needs to consider quitting for a bit because shes on medication and she cant handle drinking or the day after. once the season starts i will be at villa a lot of weekends and im more than content with a few before the game then going home after it.

she will be on them for life i think and yes possibly but shes never stopped drinking for me when i had to give it up for whatever reason. funnily enough i was going to speak to her today about us both giving it up for a bit, we had a few last night which done us no favours this morning getting up for work.

Â