Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

May seem harsh GV but I think you need to do something permanent that'll burn your bridges or you'll just keep getting stuck in this cycle.

See Maggie sleeping with Rust in True Detective.

I'm constantly seeing my friend get messed around by his girlfriend and he keeps going back. Just hope for your sake your not here in 6 months time saying he's ruined your Christmas after another chance.

There's no need to feel stupid Georgie. The fact is that despite many of us on here saying you shouldn't give him another chance, none of us know who the guy is or what he's like. You know him better than all of us and you obviously care for him so there's no shame in giving him a second chance if it's what felt right at the time. At least you set a deadline and made a conscious effort to try and improve things. There are many people out there who would just sit back and immediately forgive their partner without trying something different at all and therefore nothing ever changes.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you but I'm sure you have nothing to fear concerning the future. Learn from the experience, relax and enjoy the single life for a little while and see if you can get a friend to come on holiday with you and just try and have a really good time. I seem to remember you're still pretty young and have a good job, and you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders so I'm sure there's plenty to look forward to for you in the future. Chin up.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

George - you need to set his car on fire and cut his clothes up with scissors.

Also you will be ok without this turdsack because you're a hottie :D

Thanks all - I know it will work out OK, but it's just pretty crap at the moment.

Rob, that would be a good plan except it's my car (which he drives, I pay for and now I don't need as I work in London - brilliant).

Anyway, anyone know any good looking, financially stable, eligible bachelors who aren't complete knobheads? 

Thanks all - I know it will work out OK, but it's just pretty crap at the moment.

Rob, that would be a good plan except it's my car (which he drives, I pay for and now I don't need as I work in London - brilliant).

Anyway, anyone know any good looking, financially stable, eligible bachelors who aren't complete knobheads? 

self assessment, I just scored 1 out of 4

I'm a bit of a looker, but I'm also a bankrupt married knobhead.

• Like 2

GV...I'm recently single myself and probably tick 3 of the boxes....

On a serious note, don't do anything rash that you'll later regret. Take some time and decide what you want to do with the car/house etc. Try to keep yourself busy and mix with friends a lot. Can you get someone to go on holiday with you? I had to cancel one holiday we had booked with her family, cancelation fee was over £200 whereas if you can change the name I think it's only £50 ish.

• Like 1

Ive got a massive nob, and mines not plastic.

(Office quote... incase you think I'm being odd)

George, it sounds to me like he really wimped out at the end of May. He could have ended it all then, but couldn't be a man. As many have said, don't go back, you obviously deserve much better.

Do you sit in the Holte End?  Take your pick.

legally a batchelor or morally?

If the former, let's talk. I'm a BIT of a knobhead though

There's your first mistake: good-looking, financially stable, single men, who are not knobheads, have just too many options for a viable long-term relationship.

Find some guy who is the pleasant side of hideous, who who will bring a bit of gratitude into the relationship and give you all the power.

Okay, he won't impress your mates but low maintenance is always the way to go, in the long-term. :)

You don't want much do you? :P

• Like 1

There's your first mistake: good-looking, financially stable, single men, who are not knobheads, have just too many options for a viable long-term relationship.

Find some guy who is the pleasant side of hideous, who who will bring a bit of gratitude into the relationship and give you all the power.

Okay, he won't impress your mates but low maintenance is always the way to go, in the long-term. :)

Wow, as if I wasn't depressed enough already  :unsure: . So what you're basically saying is that there's no chance of me having a relationship with anyone vaguely eligible, and I should just cut my losses? Excellent.

Bloody hell george I feel really bad for you, really sorry it did not work out. But look at it as a blessing in disguise,because it obviously would not of worked out. Just wish he told you earlier instead of getting your hopes up. Anyway chin up and try not to get to down, plenty of good blokes out there.

Take the car back - NOW - and sell it

• Like 1

Wow, as if I wasn't depressed enough already  :unsure: . So what you're basically saying is that there's no chance of me having a relationship with anyone vaguely eligible, and I should just cut my losses? Excellent.

I think that was his 'pitch' George. I don't think it worked! :P  

• Like 1

you could just console yourself with a year of hookers and booze

then get yourself on plenty of fish and look up my mate Stephen Scuba

Â