Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

P.s if your partner had done some of the things that mine has done to me, then you would have to be a saint not to have some hatred. But we don't bring it up now and we try and put it behind us as best as we can. And I'm not on about cheating.

40k is a very nice wage for the year.

I think it is the bare minimum for what i'd describe as living a decent standard of life. I guess it is subjective though. 

P.s if your partner had done some of the things that mine has done to me, then you would have to be a saint not to have some hatred. But we don't bring it up now and we try and put it behind us as best as we can. And I'm not on about cheating.

Not knocking you mate, but you've obviously been through a lot with your missus, so why did you decide to have a second child with her? Was it planned? 

Not knocking you mate, but you've obviously been through a lot with your missus, so why did you decide to have a second child with her? Was it planned?

its a long complicated story which I'll explain later when I have more time. I'm surprised I ay been in this thread a lot more than I have. Been a very rocky relationship which I've played my part in.

First thing's first, nobody's made the guy the victim or the woman shrew apart from you.

I'm not saying the guy hasn't agreed, just that he appears to have made his life miserable as a result. The way it sounds (from him) is that he has no say. She makes the decisions. The baby thing. Unless he's lying (why would you about that?) she decided they were having a baby so came off the pill without consulting him. That's weird.

He's also told my gf on more than one occasion that he's jealous of me because my girlfriend and I don't particularly care what each other do. (I don't think that's a bragging point. It's just trust, and he appears to be afforded none by his wife)

None of your explanations above explained the apparent fact that he's not allowed to even know other females. I'm not necessarily blaming the woman, I'm blaming him for being scared of her.

If that was my relationship, I'd end it.

That is probably the most salient factor.

It seems likely that you might have missed the point your missus was actually making, which I did too.

It seems likely that she told you about this guy to vicariously remind you and herself what a really great relationship you have and how lucky you are to have each other.

:D

... :-/

mindblown6.gif

Edited by hogso

I think it is the bare minimum for what i'd describe as living a decent standard of life. I guess it is subjective though.

You must have high standards. I'm on no where near that and feel I have a good standard of life.

• Like 4

At the risk of taking things off topic, but seriously? I'm on no where near that. I guess I need to up my game.

• Like 1

At the risk of taking things off topic, but seriously? I'm on no where near that. I guess I need to up my game.

A single person earning £40k is in the top 20% of earners in the UK.

I assumed he was talking about a household income, and with dependants.

Fwiw I'd agree with him. I'm on more than that but if I had to support a wife and a kid with no extra money I'd have to seriously cut back, and I don't exactly have a flash lifestyle now!!

He did say for a household, so I'd imagine 20k each was what he meant?

Was in here around Christmas talking about my friend who lets his girlfriend walk all over him, she'd kissed a lot of fellas behind his back but he'd get depressed shrug it off and take her back. I haven't seen him in months mainly due to him being glued to this girl, who has a child that isn't his. He's 24, she's 21, the kid is 5. That child's father wants nothing to do with it really, and my friend is going out with the girl just under 2 years and is basically her step dad. He's constantly giving her money, money that he doesn't have. He owes one of our friends, who has no job at the moment but is too nice to ask for it, about 200 quid since last September, but if she rings he'll sort something for her, be it off one of his sisters or his dad. Anyway, he just text me 20mins ago saying she cheated on him last night, and slept with someone, (first time she's done that or at least told him she's done it) I asked him what he's going to do & he said he doesn't know. I really think he needs to come to the understanding that she's a heartless bitch by himself or should I be pushing him in the right direction?

What's wrong with this buddy of yours? why's he such a wet blanket? Surely Family & Friends have sat him down and laid it out to him?

Sounds like you two have been through a lot, RV. Hopefully you two have been through the worst of it and things just keep getting better and better from here on in. I'm sure having kids involved now has put things even more into perspective for you and I hope it gives you that extra push to kick the occasional drug use or drinking binge. I'm not going to pretend I know anything about addiction, I'm fortunate to not have experienced anything like that, but I know it's a very difficult thing to deal with. It sounds like you and your lady are headed in the right direction though.

Thanks for sharing anyway, that took guts to get that off your chest.

• Like 1

Â