Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Few months.

It's cool now. Wasn't a big thing.

Just annoyed me as I genuinely hadn't done anything wrong.

It was just a couple of her work colleagues putting stuff in her head.

Sounds like a good old fashioned mind-f*** to me.

Ain't people lovely!

Pretty much.

Basically, from what she said, they asked her what she did on Thursday (this was on Friday) and she just said whatever she did (gym I think, not important).

Then they asked what I did and she just said "dunno, didn't speak to him"

And because they're all married or living with their partner or completely and utterly under the thumb (that guy i mentioned previously) they couldn't wrap their heads around the fact that two people could go an evening without talking to each other or knowing what each other were doing.

So they basically wouldn't let it go and told her I was probably no good. "take it from someone with experience, people like that always end up having another gf" and shit like that. "He's being sneaky behind your back"

So she took it out on me. Didn't last long, I basically just went on the counter attack and told her she was being a **** idiot about it, we she sort of agreed to.

Basically it was more about them making a bit of a mug out of her as opposed to me doing anything wrong.

And the worst part... do you know what I was actually doing?

Instead of going to the pub with my mates to watch the world cup, I was making dinner for my cancer suffering father because my mom was out that night and then picking my little sister up from work and taking her to my house so that she had someone to watch the football with. All of which my gf had been told about but had forgotten.

I'm such a bastard!  :rolleyes:

Edited by Stevo985

It's probably jealously. They see you and your girlfriend in the kind of relationship they would like, but aren't as they are in an oppressive or 'under the thumb' type relationship themselves. 

• Like 1

It's probably jealously. They see you and your girlfriend in the kind of relationship they would like, but aren't as they are in an oppressive or 'under the thumb' type relationship themselves. 

She probably just looked too happy.

One thing's for certain; if you really want to piss people off, look happy.

• Like 2

Stevo, when I was with my ex there was a bloke at her work who fancied her who always used to spout shit about me to her. How I looked like someone who cheat on her and she was better off without me etc. She didn't believe him, but it get to her. Next time I saw him I made it perfectly clear I knew what he was up to and that it wouldn't work so stop the BS. You always find bitter jealous people who want to ruin your happiness. Luckily you have been able to get through it, but yes it can be very frustrating.

. All of which my gf had been told about but had forgotten.

If that happens the other way around Ben, you'd be the one in trouble!

"You're not interested in what I'm up to ..." etc, etc.

Do you work in his girlfriend's office by any chance?

• Like 1

I know!

To be fair, she said as much herself.

We're fine now, I'm more annoyed at the people in her office than I am at her. She knows she was being a tit.

So, the ex has now moved all of his stuff out and whilst I thought I'd find it difficult, it's actually been quite liberating. And I even have a date or two lined up over the next 2 weeks - I'm not actively looking for anyone as it's far too soon for that, but does no harm for the confidence.

Thanks again for all your wise (and not so wise) words.

And Stevo, ignore the people at your GF's work - they sound like dicks.

Dates already? Blimey you don't hang around.. I couldn't even consider something like that at the moment. Even if I could, it's so easier for you women to get dates (I know my ex could easily have got dates as soon as we broke up)

I've got a feeling he will come running back to you at somepoint, and I bet he won't be happy with this date you have. Either way you now know what you've got to do.

do HIM up the wrong'un?

• Like 3

So, the ex has now moved all of his stuff out and whilst I thought I'd find it difficult, it's actually been quite liberating. And I even have a date or two lined up over the next 2 weeks - I'm not actively looking for anyone as it's far too soon for that, but does no harm for the confidence.

Thanks again for all your wise (and not so wise) words.

And Stevo, ignore the people at your GF's work - they sound like dicks.

Dates already? Blimey you don't hang around.. I couldn't even consider something like that at the moment. Even if I could, it's so easier for you women to get dates (I know my ex could easily have got dates as soon as we broke up)

It is different for girls; its less like going on a new date and more like interviewing a new sponsor. :)

Going on a date knowing you don't want anything yet? Bit harsh on your dates I I'm honest as they may really be hoping for something to happen. A bit cruel.

It's not automatically cruel. People might just want a pleasant night out. You might strike lucky and find 'the one'. Or it could be the basic 'pizza for a hand job' relationship like I have with my parole officer.

• Like 2

Mustering up the courage & effort to go on dates can be difficult, I know from past experience, if I really made the effort and I thought the date went well but got ultimately got knocked back it can be a blow to your confidence.

But then I'm a 5/10 so going on a date, any date is more risky for guys like me and mean more.

Im not having a go by the way just saying how I feel.

Â