plans for the weeeeekend

leemond2008

On me way home unfortunately at the moment

Tomorra I've gotta pop into work cuz I left my iPod there and then I'm gunna pop down to hobgoblin music and take a look at the banjos then have a drink on the roof

Sunday have a drink on the roof

Had a few ciders in Brindleyplace after work last night... today.. few beers in Brum before a BBQ at a mates house in Erdington

Sunday - recovering! 

Folk festival. Bellowhead, Kate Rusby, Lau, etc.

Beer.

where is this folk festival moon man?

Garforth, five miles east of Leeds. 

Was something big happening in Moseley last night? Was driving through at about 23:00 and saw hundreds of Hawaiian shirted drunk people staggering around on their way home.

Was something big happening in Moseley last night? Was driving through at about 23:00 and saw hundreds of Hawaiian shirted drunk people staggering around on their way home.

There's a jazz/funk/soul festival in Moseley Park this weekend.

One to avoid then. At least that explains why my smug'o'meter was reading dangerous levels of pretentiousness then.

The sax player in my band was 'enjoying' the jazz this weekend.

I went to a house party with a few guys from the Birmingham Conservatoire a while back, and it consisted of 15 pretentious, pompous idiots having jazz attacks whilst demonstrating that they could identify which chord was being played.

You know one of those parties where you drink your drink as quick as you can, make an excuse to leave and call a taxi?

You know one of those parties where you drink your drink as quick as you can, make an excuse to leave and call a taxi?

I should try that the next time I get forced into some awkward social gathering.

Sadly I don't think this will be allowed at good old boring school orientation.

One to avoid then. At least that explains why my smug'o'meter was reading dangerous levels of pretentiousness then.

The sax player in my band was 'enjoying' the jazz this weekend.

I went to a house party with a few guys from the Birmingham Conservatoire a while back, and it consisted of 15 pretentious, pompous idiots having jazz attacks whilst demonstrating that they could identify which chord was being played.

Were they playing their instruments?

As I've mentioned before, once an instrument comes out at a party, I usually do exactly what you say there. Down my drink, say my goodbyes and leave before I get overwhelmed by cringe.

• Like 1

Nope, they were just listening to some random jazz tracks on someone's Mac.

The two guys that invited me were both auditioning to be in my (ska) band. Though they were good musicians, neither of them got into my band.

Â