plans for the weeeeekend

leemond2008

Working tonight until about 4am, then heading down to Brum at 7 or so for the Villa match, so no sleep for me. Will be all drunk and delirious for the football, which hopefully will make it more entertaining. Then a nice Sunday in completing three assignments before my 23rd birthday festivities kill me next week.

Back in Portsmouth after working in London all week. I hate the M25, I really really do. I'm going to sort out my holiday plans this weekend (off up North in the parent's camper van. I'm thinking North York Moors, Northumberland and a blast through the Yorkshire Dales on the way back down).

Usual weekend for me.

Last night I did **** all

Today thus far I've done **** all. I'm watching the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo tonight though, steely arrived yesterday.

Tomorrow I have the house to myself for the day so will, most likely, do **** all. Besides watch the UFC I'll be taping tonight.

Back home after the funeral on Friday. It was an hour of Catholic church grimness (conducted by a creepy priest who had 'child molester' written all over him) followed by twelve hours in a working mens club doing some serious drinking. My two-day hangover is just starting to wear off now. Thank **** I didn't go the Villa game.

My mate came round on friday and we had a pretty good drink, I ended up kicking him out at about 2am

yesterday a few of me mates landed on me so I ended up having another drink, started at about 11am carried on till 6 then they fooked off and came back at about 7:30 I kicked them out at about 12 O'clock

so much for my quiet chilled out weekend, had a major tidy up this morning throwing out 2 black bags worth of cans and bottles, just sitting around doing **** all practised me banjo and I'm just about to stick the first series of deadwood on in a minute

man utd have just scored, bastards

Wow that was a heavy weekend in Dublin. The stag had a fantastic time and my liver needs a month to recover!

On a serious note, I have never seen a man get groped as much as the stag did. Women were grabbing him everywhere. Here he is:

1rpug6.jpg

here he is normally (the one on the left):

16kv3o.jpg

Well with that stripy shirt he's bound to get grabbed

Haha. The one on the left kept getting told he looked like an ugly Duncan from Blue. So we re-named him "Duncan from Crewe".

Dublin suprised me. There were hardly any Irish there. A lot of Eastern Europeans and South Americans. I am not sure why I am shocked, I suppose it is the same in London.

Dublin suprised me. There were hardly any Irish there. A lot of Eastern Europeans and South Americans. I am not sure why I am shocked, I suppose it is the same in London.
I'm going to guess that being a stag party, you went to the parts of Dublin that tourists go to i.e. the rip-off places that you won't see many Irish in.

We're there alright. We just know where to go :)

I'm going to guess that being a stag party, you went to the parts of Dublin that tourists go to i.e. the rip-off places that you won't see many Irish in.

Yeah I was going to say the same thing.

When I went, and then told my (irish) cousins where I'd been, they basically laughed in my face and said I'd been to all the shit places.

Yup fair point and you are correct.

:thumb:

My best experience when I was in Dublin was at about 3am on our second night out there (it was a stag weekend too)

On our way back to the hotel we went down this pretty small street, but there were a fair amount of punters wandering up and down it too on their way home as well I assume. We were pissed, obviously, and we passed this couple of guys. I don't know if they were buskers or whether they'd actually played a gig or something, but they had guitars with them and one of those mobile battery powered amps for the guitars.

Anyway, they were dressed in proper death metal clothes. Like goths with slipknot hoodies and black makeup and all that shit.

So, for a laugh, I went up to them and asked if they knew any Neil Diamond. They said no, I insisted that they play some Neil Diamon, they said No again and they told me to **** off.

So I cut my losses, turned around and started to walk off, when all of a sudden, they started playing the opening chords to Sweet Caroline

They knew the whole song, words and all!

So there we were, dancing in the street like drunken idiots along to sweet caroline by Neil Diamond played by the 2 long lost members of slipknot.

By the time they'd started playing "500 miles" by The Proclaimers there were at least 100 people joining in, and we had this massive singalong and dance on some random street in dublin, orchestrated by these two heavy metal rockers playing the cheesiest music ever.

It was amazing.

Haha sounds great :)

As for my term 'rip off'. It's a relative term of course. Dublin is rip-off to an Englishman no matter where you go :) There are just degrees of it.

My best experience when I was in Dublin was at about 3am on our second night out there (it was a stag weekend too)

On our way back to the hotel we went down this pretty small street, but there were a fair amount of punters wandering up and down it too on their way home as well I assume. We were pissed, obviously, and we passed this couple of guys. I don't know if they were buskers or whether they'd actually played a gig or something, but they had guitars with them and one of those mobile battery powered amps for the guitars.

Anyway, they were dressed in proper death metal clothes. Like goths with slipknot hoodies and black makeup and all that shit.

So, for a laugh, I went up to them and asked if they knew any Neil Diamond. They said no, I insisted that they play some Neil Diamon, they said No again and they told me to **** off.

So I cut my losses, turned around and started to walk off, when all of a sudden, they started playing the opening chords to Sweet Caroline

They knew the whole song, words and all!

So there we were, dancing in the street like drunken idiots along to sweet caroline by Neil Diamond played by the 2 long lost members of slipknot.

By the time they'd started playing "500 miles" by The Proclaimers there were at least 100 people joining in, and we had this massive singalong and dance on some random street in dublin, orchestrated by these two heavy metal rockers playing the cheesiest music ever.

It was amazing.

Fantastic!

You basically turned into a Promo girl! I hope you took a cut of any busking profits.

I am ashamed to say we didn't see much of the place. I will probably go back with the girlfriend to see some of the city.

My fave bit was in a sports bar and the Villa v Sunderland goal went in. Some pillock guy had obvioulsy heard me cheering Villa and it turned out he was a Sunderland fan. When Bendtner "scored" he slid on his knees and fist pumped and cheered at me. As the goal was disallowed the whole bar (not any from my group) pointed and chanted at him "wanke.r, wan.ker, wa.nker"

Very funny!

Haha sounds great :)

As for my term 'rip off'. It's a relative term of course. Dublin is rip-off to an Englishman no matter where you go :) There are just degrees of it.

I had expeted worse TBH. I had heard horror stories of 12E pints etc so when it was 6E I was ok with that.

Â