plans for the weeeeekend

leemond2008

Fantastic!

You basically turned into a Promo girl! I hope you took a cut of any busking profits.

I am ashamed to say we didn't see much of the place. I will probably go back with the girlfriend to see some of the city.

My fave bit was in a sports bar and the Villa v Sunderland goal went in. Some pillock guy had obvioulsy heard me cheering Villa and it turned out he was a Sunderland fan. When Bendtner "scored" he slid on his knees and fist pumped and cheered at me. As the goal was disallowed the whole bar (not any from my group) pointed and chanted at him "wanke.r, wan.ker, wa.nker"

Very funny!

Was it Murrays on O'Connell street?

Haha sounds great :)

As for my term 'rip off'. It's a relative term of course. Dublin is rip-off to an Englishman no matter where you go :) There are just degrees of it.

I had expeted worse TBH. I had heard horror stories of 12E pints etc so when it was 6E I was ok with that.

Pff, 12? Not at all. Even 6 is very very high. Most parts of Templebar don't even charge that. €5.20-€5.60 is the usual range. With cider being a little dearer by maybe ~30c (I'm not a cider drinker). Glad you had fun. It's always nice to hear someone coming to 'my' city and going away contented. I'm glad the women were handsy with you's. That's their job y'know!

It hasn't changed. The country has gone to shit financially, so beer has not gone up in price. In fact in many places it has come down.

Fantastic!

You basically turned into a Promo girl! I hope you took a cut of any busking profits.

I am ashamed to say we didn't see much of the place. I will probably go back with the girlfriend to see some of the city.

My fave bit was in a sports bar and the Villa v Sunderland goal went in. Some pillock guy had obvioulsy heard me cheering Villa and it turned out he was a Sunderland fan. When Bendtner "scored" he slid on his knees and fist pumped and cheered at me. As the goal was disallowed the whole bar (not any from my group) pointed and chanted at him "wanke.r, wan.ker, wa.nker"

Very funny!

Was it Murrays on O'Connell street?

Don't think so. It was some modern place with brick arches etc No real atmosphere, unfortunately

Haha sounds great :)

As for my term 'rip off'. It's a relative term of course. Dublin is rip-off to an Englishman no matter where you go :) There are just degrees of it.

I had expeted worse TBH. I had heard horror stories of 12E pints etc so when it was 6E I was ok with that.

Pff, 12? Not at all. Even 6 is very very high. Most parts of Templebar don't even charge that. €5.20-€5.60 is the usual range. With cider being a little dearer by maybe ~30c (I'm not a cider drinker). Glad you had fun. It's always nice to hear someone coming to 'my' city and going away contented. I'm glad the women were handsy with you's. That's their job y'know!

That explains it. I was mainly on Cider appat from the odd pint of Guinness.

Yeah great City. As I said it is a shame I didn't get to explore more of it. Yup the women seem to hunt in packs! :winkold:

• 2 weeks later...

nice quiet weekend for me (first one in 3 weeks)

staying in the flat on me own tonight (me flatmate has moved out today, awesome)

tomorra chill out wait for a few of me mates to come round then stay up for the mayweather fight

sunday stay in catch up on sleep

monday get depressed about having work on tuesday

Quick pint with the lads on the way back from work then a curry with the missus followed by some action (so ive been promised).

Saturday, golf competition, tee off at 8:56am. Back home for a nice night in with the little dude as the missus is off out with friends and family for a sort of 2nd hen-do. So pizza and couple of cans of beer once the dude has gone to bed, maybe a bit of XBox too.

Sunday, my best mates sons Christening. Then back to his place for some drinks and snacks.

Monday, golf in the morning then chill with the missus and little dude.

Nice easy game of football this afternoon for me (playing a team who lost 9-0 in their last game, and we beat the team who beat them 7-1)

Nothing tomorrow. Then got a football tournament at the Ricoh Arena on Sunday. Should be good fun, and nice to play in a proper football stadium (even if it is a league 1 ground now!).

Then out afterwards for a dirty night in Cov. Nice

For the next 3 weekends I've loads of plans. But for this weekend; a bank holiday weekend that completely crept up on me; I have nothing, nadda, zip. So it'll be football, maybe some beers with neighbouring friends and making myself another curry.

For the next 3 weekends I've loads of plans. But for this weekend; a bank holiday weekend that completely crept up on me; I have nothing, nadda, zip. So it'll be football, maybe some beers with neighbouring friends and making myself another curry.

If i payed the postage and packaging would you knock me up a Chicken Tikka Madras please Bri?* You seem somewhat of a curry making God in the shape of an Irish bloke with a goatee beard who supports Villa.

*are you even allowed to post food?

Saturday, golf competition, tee off at 8:56am.
That's a bit of a... precise start time, isn't it?

Very, and it must be adhered to. Miss your tee time and you incur a 2 shot penelty. Dont turn up at all and your banned from entering all competitions for 1 month. Something like 7 or 8 minutes between each tee time.

Serious shit this golf lark Mike! :nod:

Mrs H29 away in Brussels so just me and the kiddies all weekend

my weekend starts shortly picking up the kids at 15:20 taking one to Swimming lessons and the other to Gym club , afterwards having to keep them occupied in the boardroom whilst I finish off on some rather urgent work stuff I have to take care of and then flipping a coin to see if I cook tea or take them to a restaurant (by cook tea I of course mean order take away)

Tomorrow I have to take one to a children's birthday party , dump them and take the other one ice skating or swimming .. then I have to go to my folks and mend their PC as they have buggered it up ..yet again

Sunday oldest wants to go up to London but the youngest is playing hard ball and wants to go to Bocketts farm instead ... will probably end up with a squabble at some point before calling in the UN and finding a peaceful solution

and then as if things weren't bad enough , I get a poxy day off work on Monday due to some lefty Bank Holiday celebration of workers rights ..which means I have to spend even more time with the kids

yep , looking forward to it

Â