Xbox One

hogso

Looks like Microsoft have blocked buying digital games from different regions now. Was only a matter of time I guess. I was going to buy COD for £30 from the HK market, there's no way i'm paying £55 for it. They can shove it. 

Looks like Microsoft have blocked buying digital games from different regions now. Was only a matter of time I guess. I was going to buy COD for £30 from the HK market, there's no way i'm paying £55 for it. They can shove it. 

Really? I've not seen anyone complain about it. Have you tried the other methods? Like actually changing the region of the market place on the console and using paypal? Or changing to the U.S store on the console and buying Dollar Xbox Live cards and using them?

Really? I've not seen anyone complain about it. Have you tried the other methods? Like actually changing the region of the market place on the console and using paypal? Or changing to the U.S store on the console and buying Dollar Xbox Live cards and using them?

Turns out they've just blocked the Hong Kong store. But the US store still works! 

Still, Hong Kong store was ace :lol:

Copypasta time, but worth mentioning if you want an Xbone.   Someone has figured out it's actually cheaper to buy an American Xbox One and have it shipped here than it is to buy a UK one. 

UK Xbox One - £329.99

US Xbox One - $349.99 (£218.7)

Amazon Expedited shipping to UK - $6.99 (£4.40) Rates here[1] + $2.99 per lb ($38.87/£24.29) thanks to/u/randomstranger454 [2] for the catch

VAT @ 20% of order - £43.74

UK power lead - £2.99

US Xbox total - £294.12

SAVING - £35.87

Adding Xbox to basket gives a total of £307.38, but they seem to be overestimating import fees

Still cheaper though.

No duty liable on console - see here[3]

We are really getting shafted over here

Sauce: Reddit.

This is true. The relative strength of the pound, however, and the fact that a goodly chunk of America doesn't have a pot to piss in, also makes the comparison a little less fair.

For the 35 quid that'd be saved, you'd be nuts buying a console from the states though

*edit*

The PSU also isn't dual voltage, so a goodly chunk of your savings will be spent on a converter

Edited by P3te

• 2 months later...

So Xbox gets it's own version of remote play with Windows10.

Stream to any Windows 10 PC/Tablet.

I'm hoping this also means I can stream Sky HD anywhere around the house via the Xbox? That would be sweet. SkyGo is awful in quality.

Some more info here http://www.gamespot.com/articles/windows-10-can-stream-xbox-one-games/1100-6424789/

Apparently they are targeting 1080p/60FPS too :thumb: 

microsoft-windows-10-live-verge-_1131.jp

microsoft-windows-10-live-verge-_1140.jp

Edited by PieFacE

I'm hoping this also means I can stream Sky HD anywhere around the house via the Xbox? That would be sweet. SkyGo is awful in quality.

Any confirmation on this yet? PS4/PSTV won't let you stream DVD/Blu Ray or apps, it kinda sucks.

Any confirmation on this yet? PS4/PSTV won't let you stream DVD/Blu Ray or apps, it kinda sucks.

No, pure speculation on my part. Ah there's probably some legal reason why they can't, if PS4 can't it's unlikely Xbox will  :(

Edited by PieFacE

Why would you want to stream your xbox to a surface tablet?

I can understand streaming a game to the vita to play it while you move around the house but i don't get why this is needed?

Assuming you can plug your Xbox Pad into the tablet. You could play the Xbox anywhere just like the Vita? 

Â