Xbox One

hogso

The PS4 is pound for pound a better machine though, and if the sales gap continues to grow it'll definitely start affecting the likelihood of developers putting their A teams on Xbox One multiplat games, or even opting for Xbox One exclusives

You'd imagine Microsoft would throw money at developers to prevent that from happening to save embarrassment. But I guess there's a limit in how much they're willing to pay. 

The PS4 is pound for pound a better machine though, and if the sales gap continues to grow it'll definitely start affecting the likelihood of developers putting their A teams on Xbox One multiplat games, or even opting for Xbox One exclusives

You'd imagine Microsoft would throw money at developers to prevent that from happening to save embarrassment. But I guess there's a limit in how much they're willing to pay. 

Yeah, I don't like Microsoft's policies regarding exclusivity TBH. Sony's is more in line with my beliefs - they set up or buy their own studios, which carries exclusivity by default, and increases their in-house stable. They also use those studios for collaborations with other members of Worldwide Studios. That's the right way to do it.

Microsoft just pay guys NOT to release their games elsewhere, and don't actually set about buying their own studios, or building their own games. That's not an approach that I think can last all that long. Spending tens of millions on exclusives on a per-game basis versus spending a little bit more to buy an entire studio and have exclusivity over their entire output makes no sense in the long run

Still not sure... I thought I wanted a PS4... but seeing the Forza screenshots etc makes me less sure :(

I've £140 on a game card waiting to go towards it!

Horizon 2 is awesome, but maybe Driveclub will deliver

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't like Microsoft's policies regarding exclusivity TBH. Sony's is more in line with my beliefs - they set up or buy their own studios, which carries exclusivity by default, and increases their in-house stable. They also use those studios for collaborations with other members of Worldwide Studios. That's the right way to do it.

Microsoft just pay guys NOT to release their games elsewhere, and don't actually set about buying their own studios, or building their own games. That's not an approach that I think can last all that long. Spending tens of millions on exclusives on a per-game basis versus spending a little bit more to buy an entire studio and have exclusivity over their entire output makes no sense in the long run

Still not sure... I thought I wanted a PS4... but seeing the Forza screenshots etc makes me less sure :(

I've £140 on a game card waiting to go towards it!

Horizon 2 is awesome, but maybe Driveclub will deliver

I do have my eyes on Driveclub too.

It's not quite as straightforward a call as it was anymore. I think EA Access is a real coup for MS, although some disagree. For me it's a good way to enjoy the likes of Madden where I probably wouldn't be bothered keeping up with the annual versions.

I don't think the gap is as big as it was, Microsoft haven't said anything about their sales figures since April and since then they've improved a lot, brought prices down and are still improving a lot of features.

The problem is that they **** up the launch so badly that it won't change a lot of peoples minds.

Edited by Rino8

The problem is that they **** up the launch so badly that it won't change a lot of peoples minds.

... and that it's primarily a media consumption device and the games bit is secondary.

^ Exactly where they got the launch wrong.

It's not primarily media, they oversold it that way and so it got that reputation.

It's a lot more media based than the PS4, but that goes without saying.

It's not quite as straightforward a call as it was anymore. I think EA Access is a real coup for MS, although some disagree. For me it's a good way to enjoy the likes of Madden where I probably wouldn't be bothered keeping up with the annual versions.

I don't think the gap is as big as it was, Microsoft haven't said anything about their sales figures since April and since then they've improved a lot, brought prices down and are still improving a lot of features.

the gap is actually growing. It was 2:1 previously, now it's 4:1 pushing 5:1 in many places and the Xbox is barely selling now than the Wii u weekly

the gap is actually growing. It was 2:1 previously, now it's 4:1 pushing 5:1 in many places and the Xbox is barely selling now than the Wii u weekly

I don't know about that, in Japan the xbox has been a joke but the PS4 hardly sells well there, either. Other than that there aren't actually any other sales figures.

I don't doubt the PS4 is selling better, and rightfully so but you're saying since the price drop, Kinectless bundles and all the other updates the xbox is doing doubly worse?

I brought my Xbox One to Canada with me, thinking I'd just buy a replacement power brick but it seems that I'll have a right palaver trying to get one direct from MS.  I think it'll be easier for me to sell it in the UK and buy a new one here.

Any of you interested in a second hand Xbox One?  It's got a Kinect and still in the original packaging.

... and that it's primarily a media consumption device and the games bit is secondary.

^ Exactly where they got the launch wrong.

It's not primarily media, they oversold it that way and so it got that reputation.

It's a lot more media based than the PS4, but that goes without saying.

The PS4 being a horrific media device means the XB1 gets labelled a media device by default anyway. Some people even said the same about the 360. :crylaugh:

I'm sure it's probably old news, but for anyone with a parent/child/sibling/good friend they can trust, digital game sharing could save a bit of money. Link

I've only tried it with FIFA 14 which my brother previously had, but no longer, and it worked. I'm guessing it does with anything though. Can pretty much cut the price of games in half if this works how I assume it does.

Edited by kurtsimonw

I brought my Xbox One to Canada with me, thinking I'd just buy a replacement power brick but it seems that I'll have a right palaver trying to get one direct from MS.  I think it'll be easier for me to sell it in the UK and buy a new one here.

Any of you interested in a second hand Xbox One?  It's got a Kinect and still in the original packaging.

I'll give you a tenner for it.

Edited by Stevo985

I'm sure it's probably old news, but for anyone with a parent/child/sibling/good friend they can trust, digital game sharing could save a bit of money. Link

I've only tried it with FIFA 14 which my brother previously had, but no longer, and it worked. I'm guessing it does with anything though. Can pretty much cut the price of games in half if this works how I assume it does.

Yup it's an awesome feature which MS seem to get no credit for. If Playstation had it everyone would be creaming about it.

Using the game sharing and having the ability to buy games from any regional store I picked up Destiny and FIFA on release day for £40 for both.

I'll never buy anything from the UK store again, such a rip off. 

Do you know if there's any sites that sell digital codes for games at all? Or do you just look for offers on the different regional stores?

I got Madden 15 from CDKeys for £33, but they've only got about 3 or 4 digital games on there I think.

Â