Xbox One

hogso

Don't believe the hype

Why do you say that?

I'm considering purchasing this so would like your take.

it's not a bad game, for me. It's a quirky, fun, self aware game with moments of brilliance in its writing, but it falls down with its navigation/grinding mechanic. I just didn't feel particularly enamored with that side of it, and that's very much the element that'll make or break your enjoyment of the experience. For me it veered into "chore" territory too often, especially during the needlessly repetitive OD attacks while creating Amps

Been released in America now. Been reading neogaf and they're loving it. Some say the controls feel weird at first, but you feel like a master after a while. Overall ot seems like a brilliant game. Will pick it up on Friday.

How did you manage that mate?

I know it used to be as simple as changing your region to HK or India etc... but apparently they have blocked that now and people have been using a vpn on their pc to order?

Any information gratefully received as i don't want to pay 45 quid!

I think you have to use an address from within that country. I wanted to do it, but i don't know how well microsoft check it. There were people on neogaf all using the same address, but not sure if MS can look that up a ban you for avoiding fees and such.

Edited by Daniel

Agreed its a bit of a grey area but at the end of the day you are still legally purchasing a copy of the game, no doubt it will be fully closed up at some point but i can't see bans being handed out.

They haven't closed it yet, so I doubt they will. Same for Sony

The game is region free so, I guess I'm allowed to buy it from any region.

I've just got a credit card, so I just buy games with that now. To use a debit card you have to create a VCC and it costs a little extra.

Here's what I did.....

1. Download ZenMate to your Chrome browser, this will give you a Hong Kong VPN connection

2. Go to Xbox Market Place in your browser, scroll right down to the bottom left and it will either say "United States" or "United Kingdom", click on that and change it to "Hong Kong (English)"

3. Search for "Sunset Overdrive" and click the Pre-order edition, and then click "Purchase Item From Xbox Store"

4. Fill in the details of your credit card and use a Hong Kong address (I just googled one and used the address)

5. Buy the game!

6. Turn on Xbox and download, I didn't change the region of my xbox and it auto started downloading, might be wise to do it tho, not sure. 

However, when I first tried to make the transaction HSBC blocked my card (guess it's cos it's a new card?), then rang me up, then unblocked it and it worked after that for this purchase and Halo.

Just bought Sunset Overdrive and Halo:MCC for £62 so pretty happy with that, specially as I will be halving the cost of Halo with my bro because we game share.

Edited by PieFacE

For some reason Xbox sent me a code to unlock my Sunset Overdrive game yesterday morning even though I'm not meant to play it til tomorrow. But, played it for an hour last night and it seems good fun. Enjoyed it! Looking forward to getting through the story side of it! 

For some reason Xbox sent me a code to unlock my Sunset Overdrive game yesterday morning even though I'm not meant to play it til tomorrow. But, played it for an hour last night and it seems good fun. Enjoyed it! Looking forward to getting through the story side of it! 

You changed your market place to the Hong Kong one, yeah? That got released on the 30th so that's probably why they unlocked the game yesterday.

Works the same if you change it to the American market place. Games unlock on the Tuesday.

Edited by Daniel

I found it very boring. Chasing the monster gets very tiresome. Most of my games I ended up seeing the monster at the very start and then not seeing it again till it was level 3. Organisation goes out the window when playing with random players. Meet up with the monster only to find the healer is over 200 yards away and the team is ****.

Â