Xbox One

hogso

To show you how bad it is, the Xbox One launched in Japan in September, and didn't reach 50,000 unit sales until April of this year. It has sold more than a thousand units in a week on less than 10 occasions, and usually manages <600

It's not that I don't believe you, but where do those stats come from?

NPD typically

*edit*

To give you an idea of the lack of willingness for Japanese gamers to adopt Microsoft systems, Xbox 360 lifetime sales are still below 1.5m there, and many retailers dropped it around 2010/11

Edited by P3te
  • Like 1

Read a really good but incredibly long article on eurogamer as to why they think it struggles earlier, from the obvious it's not japanese, to the way bill gates first did TGS and it was perceived as a sales pitch and pissed a load of them off, to them nearly getting resident evil 4, to the controller troubles, will try and link it later

• 3 weeks later...

Was contemplating updating from a 360 to a One this weekend, what's everyone playing at the minute? I pretty much only play fifa on the 360 currently.

Get a PS4 you workshy fop.

• Like 4

Was contemplating updating from a 360 to a One this weekend, what's everyone playing at the minute? I pretty much only play fifa on the 360 currently.

And download Rocket League, of course.

And download Rocket League, of course.

Already told him to do that, of course  ;)

• Like 2

My friends from work all have Xbox Ones, they play Destiny multiplayer and no doubt will switch to Halo 5 as soon as that comes out.

I'll probably get one at some point in the future now that backwards compatibility has been announced.

My friends from work all have Xbox Ones, they play Destiny multiplayer and no doubt will switch to Halo 5 as soon as that comes out.

I'll probably get one at some point in the future now that backwards compatibility has been announced.

Everyone I game with (about 10 people) all have Xbox's too, and I think Halo is a big reason for that. 

Just hope the next Halo is good :)

• 3 weeks later...

Why?

I plan on getting on in the next month but I'm trying to convince myself not to....parting with money hurts.

I have a One and love it but nobody I know plays online and all my online potential friends are PS4 guys.

Online isn't imperative but unlike the underwhelming PS3 the PS4 will most likely end up being the better console in this generation.

Do you or anyone have both, and if so why is one actually better than the other? OR are they in reality very similar?

Also has anyone used those gel pads on the sticks? Do they work? Last a while? The PS4 controller left stick still doesn't sit well with me and it feels like I am always sipping off. The Xbox controller (updated version) is probably the best controller I'll use.

Edit -

Stevo it does look fun, plus I love the relationship with Steam.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Why?

I plan on getting on in the next month but I'm trying to convince myself not to....parting with money hurts.

I have a One and love it but nobody I know plays online and all my online potential friends are PS4 guys.

Online isn't imperative but unlike the underwhelming PS3 the PS4 will most likely end up being the better console in this generation.

Do you or anyone have both, and if so why is one actually better than the other? OR are they in reality very similar?

Also has anyone used those gel pads on the sticks? Do they work? Last a while? The PS4 controller left stick still doesn't sit well with me and it feels like I am always sipping off. The Xbox controller (updated version) is probably the best controller I'll use.

I've had both. I ended up selling my PS4 because I just didn't use it. I'm very much a casual gamer so it was a bit excessive having both, and I ended up choosing the Xbox 'cos that's where all my friends are. I also really like Halo so there was that too.

Personally I thought the Xbox controller was miles ahead of the DS4 in terms of comfort, feel and battery life. The PS4 controller used to hurt my hands after a couple of hours use, but obviously everyone is different and has different opinions. 

In terms of games I was able to play BF4 on both consoles, and whilst it does look better on PS4, it's marginal. Maybe I'm just too casual to notice the difference between 720p & 900p when playing an FPS but I really struggled to see. However, when "Levolution" events occured in game, the PS4 handles it better definitely. There would probably be an additional 10-20 seconds of lag and rubber banding on the Xbox compared to the PS4. It didn't bother me but it may do some.

If all my friends were on the PS4 I probably would have ditched the Xbox and suffered with hands in pain but they werent.

If you wanna game with your friends, and your friends are on PS4, then get a PS4 man :D 

XBox doesn't have Rocket League

Seems like it will have soon.... :D 

The problem with the PlayStation's controller has always been, for me, the position of the thumbsticks.

They're just not natural. They need to be above the thumb more rather than to the side.

Why?

My response was based more on the fact that Mr.PongRiddims is a mate IRL so I wanted to be able to play with him from time to time (oo-er).

As far as I've seen there isn't a great deal between the consoles, and they both have plus and minus points and tbh i find the fanboy arguments on both sides rather tiresome.

Designer thanks for your response, stopped me looking back through pages and pages to find any words of insight.

PieFacE thanks too, good perspective. I used to play a lot but I don't have time now...I have a bit more money and got my Xbox as a present so was going to treat myself.

I may try and find a bargain one instead of just going out any buying one, only really for PES, Skygo and Grim Fandango....that way I might have some money to entice me toward a Steam Machine.

Stevo I'm with you on the pad, I understand why their research market started it that way, like the old Xbox pad, but the lengthening of it didn't make enough of a difference for me to feel consistently comfortable using it. If thumbsticks mods make it more grippy I might be okay, playing football games though always has me feeling out of control.

Maybe it's too many years on a dreamcast and xbox.

The problem with the PlayStation's controller has always been, for me, the position of the thumbsticks.

They're just not natural. They need to be above the thumb more rather than to the side.

Yeah whenever I play on the PS, this is the biggest reason I just turn it off. It's a really terrible controller design, not quite sure how it's lasted so long.

It's immediately disorientating. 

If I push "forward" on a PS pad, I actually naturally push slightly to the right. I've never really been able to correct that.

It means I'm always second guessing which direction I'm pushing, and that's something that should be totally natural and require no thinking.

Â