Xbox One

hogso

My only problem with the dash is that they've now moved the friends list half off screen and it's a little awkward. I'm happy with the rest of it, and snap has become really useful since the last update. You should be able to pin things to that list of 5 recently used apps/games though. Mostly friends.

Thinking of things for my other half to buy me for Christmas, is this console worth the money or would I be better with a PS4, which is better value for money?

If you spend most of your time playing offline/alone go for the PS4 because it's the more powerful, if you play with friends at all I'd go with the Xbone

• Like 2

To be fair to Microsoft they are listening to what the consumer wants, each update addresses some new things.

I was starting to think i had made the wrong choice staying with xbox from 360 to one instead of getting a PS4 but the more i hear about their online network being poor and going down all the time, along with a basic ui and media capabilities im not so bothered anymore.

They might be slightly underpowered compared to PS4 but that doesn't really bother me.

• Like 1

The problem is that they **** up the launch so badly that it won't change a lot of peoples minds.

... and that it's primarily a media consumption device and the games bit is secondary.

Choice-supportive bias

None of that going on here either

The problem is that they **** up the launch so badly that it won't change a lot of peoples minds.

... and that it's primarily a media consumption device and the games bit is secondary.

Choice-supportive bias

None of that going on here either

I don't own either console if you are trying to infer otherwise. I openly admit that I also have some degree of choice-supportive bias about things I choose as I am human.

The only reason I bought an xbox one was that I wanted a next gen console and as I had a 360 I stayed with Microsoft.

Barely play the thing and have only bought 3 games in the last year but I was starting to think I probably should have got a PS4 but now im happy with my choice to be honest.

I thought that too TBH. But the reviews are really positive, it's meant to be hilarious whilst holding a good story line.

Think i'll get it at some point. 

Polygon: 9

As a collection of mechanics and ideas, Sunset Overdrive is an impressive evolution of things Insomniac has been doing for a long time. Every part of Sunset Overdrive hooks into every other part somehow, and often in multiple ways, and it makes the whole shooting, grinding, wall-running package better for it. But the best thing about Sunset Overdrive is how it's unabashedly enthusiastic about what it is, in just about every way. That enthusiasm, and the freedom behind it, is contagious.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Wasn't sure about getting it, but the reviews are strong with this one. £44.99 for download on Xbox and now i'm using the game share i'll split the cost with my nephew.

Â