Xbox One

hogso

I have a ps3 at the moment and will probably upgrade to a ps4 or Xbox one at somepoint. I am not a massive gamer though, the only reason I went for ps3 was blu ray. Now that they both have that I think which one has the better media capabilities will appeal to me as the only games I really play tend to be released on both anyway.

I didn't see the launch video but it seems to have gone down pretty badly from what I can tell.

Aparantly sony's stock price has gone up following it, which can't have been what Microsoft had in mind!

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/05/21/sony-stock-price-jumps-8-following-xbox-one-event/

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407912/microsoft-confirms-pre-owned-fee-for-xbox-one/

But that doesn't mean used games are dead. In fact, Harrison told us, you'll be able to sell your Xbox One games online.

"We will have a solution—we’re not talking about it today—for you to be able to trade your previously-played games online," Harrison said.

The Xbox exec wouldn't give further details on how this system will work, but we're assuming that once you're done with a game, you can trade the code online and it will be erased from your machine. But what will you get? Other games? Microsoft Points?

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.
"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

from kotaku

Looks ugly. Looks massive. Focus on casuals. Vague, conflicting and cagey info. Second hand stuff sounds dodgy. Overall, the only thing that hits me is that it looks and sounds crap. 

I'm out.

What happens if you DON'T install the game then? Can't you just play it off the disc?

You're not given the option, you HAVE TO install the game

Looks massive

13" wide, 3" high, no clue on depth sadly

I like it. I like it a lot. I've always thought Kinect was shite but I like what they're doing with it, specially with the integration of TV/Movies/Music. I think that reveal was far better than the PS4 reveal too. 

Definitely be buying one on launch. Though, COD was laughable. They're innovation for their new engine was sliding on the floor (could do it for years in Crysis), dynamic maps (be interesting how they implement this), and the ability to customize your character (could do that in Halo2!!!!). Just looked more of the same shite. Really interested to see Battlefield 4 on next gen. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

I'm going to hold out before making my mind up.

If they make some sort of market place for me to sell/buy pre owned games and prices dictated my the people rather than MS. I think it would be a really good idea.

If they make some sort of market place for me to sell/buy pre owned games and prices dictated my the people rather than MS. I think it would be a really good idea.

that seems to be the plan anyway. good idea too

Â