Xbox One

hogso

Really? Are you not always online anyway?

For what it's worth, I don't think they are going to announce the "always online" thing. But if they do, it won't matter to me too much as I only play multiplayer anyway.

Turns out I can't watch the event, even though i've been looking forward to it for some time. Apparently it's only going to be an hour long too. 

Edited by PieFacE

Turns out I can't watch the event, even though i've been looking forward to it for some time. Apparently it's only going to be an hour long too. 

Ah! Then I might watch it after all.

My slightly tongue in cheek predictions for the event...

0-3 Minutes
Speculatory introduction video that teases a few things but is incredibly non-committal and unspecific

4-7 Minutes
Inane waffle about how the Xbox to date has revolutionized the living room, first through games and then through services like Xbox Live, before becoming an almighty, all-conquering set-top “entertainment system”. Lots of lies about how great Kinect is, how well it’s done and how much gamers love it

8-10 Minutes
The unveiling. We actually get to see a console this time, but there’s not too much said about the specs or capabilities of it. The words “revolutionary”, “exclusive content” and “direct to your living room” are used liberally. It’s named as Xbox Infinite, which really leaves them nowhere to go for the next next generation - they’ll rue that in seven years!

10-12 Minutes
Some suit talking about how the industry has changed and that gamers now “demand more from their entertainment systems”

12-17 Minutes
Activision roll out someone from Infinity Ward (after good old Bobby gets into the spotlight first, of course) to talk about how much more the new system allowed them to do with the Call of Duty franchise. Cue video of Ghosts looking pretty much the same as any other COD title, albeit with shinier visuals. There’ll probably be some timed exclusivity when it comes to DLC too.

17-22 Minutes
Peter Moore comes out to introduce someone from the FIFA team, probably Dave Rutter, to chat about FIFA 14. Every non-European watching zones out

22-35 Minutes
The moment we’ve all been dreading… it’s Kinect 2.0. After trying to convince us at the start that the original was anything other than a useless piece of crap, we’re subjected to yet more nonsense about controller free interfacing. This is where it all starts to go really downhill.

35-40 Minutes
The “It’s more than just a games console” bit, where they tell us how great the services on Xbox Live are, and try to convince us all that we simply NEED to have this console in our living rooms, not for games, but to watch movies and sports. There’ll probably be a montage of content providers at some stage

40-50 Minutes
A couple more developer representatives take to the stage to show off games. There might be an exclusive or two here, but they’re all sequels, first person shooters and reboots

50-55 Minutes
Presenter recaps the presentation and tells us it’ll be “out before the holidays” with exact release date, cost and lineup to be expanded upon at E3 next month

55-60 Minutes
Video montage showing lots of “lifestyle” clips with middle aged women waving their hands around for Kinect, overexcited looking non-gamers trying to pretend they’re gamers and uplifting music. Fade to black

• Like 1

Really? Are you not always online anyway?

For what it's worth, I don't think they are going to announce the "always online" thing. But if they do, it won't matter to me too much as I only play multiplayer anyway.

Most of the time but I go upstairs sometimes with the baby when she's asleep with it offline..

I have a feeling we'll need CD keys too which will be bad for us both ;)

It's on at 5pm, so in 15 minutes or so I think.

Ah, tell a lie, it may well be at 6pm. I think there's a pre-show at 5pm on Gametrailers.

Edited by Ginko

so far everything sounds like it looks at what I like and then tells me what I should like, I **** hate that bollocks

also not overly fussed that I can tell my xbox to change the channel rather than me pressing the av button...

Bluray drive then. 500gb drive - not sure if thats not a little skimpy right now.

show some games for goodness sake! who cares about the bells and whistles!

They won't show much in the way of games, they'll wait for E3 for that. This is all about the hardware.

I expect a Forza/Halo/Gears tech demo at best.

show some games for goodness sake! who cares about the bells and whistles!

They will save the games for E3, surely?   It's barely three weeks away. 

Â