Xbox One

hogso

Licenses for games are for ONE account use. Not per console AND account, but per account. 1 console with 3 accounts needs one game and TWO additional licenses

So am I right in saying if I bought, I dunno, "Sonic the Hedgehog 11" and installed it on my son's account, I'd have to pay an extra fee for my other son* to be able to play it on the same console but using his account?

That sucks some serious balls

*I don't have any sons

No, apparently there was a bit of mixed communication. It'll work the same as the online pass did, in that  any account on the original console can use it, but to play on another console the original account needs to be signed in

How the pre owned thing will work seems to depend on which Microsoft employee you listen to. They all seem to be saying slightly different things.

Bit of a shambles.

No, apparently there was a bit of mixed communication. It'll work the same as the online pass did, in that  any account on the original console can use it, but to play on another console the original account needs to be signed in

What will happen when the magic smoke escapes from your console? This is an Xbox after all.

How the pre owned thing will work seems to depend on which Microsoft employee you listen to. They all seem to be saying slightly different things.

Bit of a shambles.

Harrison is the VP, so take what he says as being right

I don't think that there will be an optical drive in the console

ill bet you a thousand pounds there will

I'm only speculating what they want to do, not what they will do, but okay, I'll bet you a hundred quid if the loser pays it to a charity nominated by the winner.

The site ran two posts together. P3te needs to confirm the bet  :mrgreen:

confirmed  :)

Get the chequebook out sir! Acorns is quids in today!

So what is it people seem to prefer about the PS4 to the Xbox? As far as I can tell, they do the exact same thing, but the Xbox does more? 

One is a video game system, the other plays videos apparently :lol:

So what is it people seem to prefer about the PS4 to the Xbox? As far as I can tell, they do the exact same thing, but the Xbox does more? 

One is a video game system, the other plays videos apparently :lol:

:lol:

Yeah but the Xbox will obviously still play all the games at PS4 can play to the same quality (bar the IP titles). So....... i'm struggling to understand the Xbox hate. I mean, if PS4 was going to launch loads of independent games and focus fully on those games then yeah I understand. But with M$ releasing 15 independent titles within the first year... it kinda blows anything Sony have announced out the water on the gaming front too.

We'll know more at E3 I guess.

Edited by PieFacE

I don't think that there will be an optical drive in the console

ill bet you a thousand pounds there will

I'm only speculating what they want to do, not what they will do, but okay, I'll bet you a hundred quid if the loser pays it to a charity nominated by the winner.

The site ran two posts together. P3te needs to confirm the bet  :mrgreen:

confirmed  :)

Get the chequebook out sir! Acorns is quids in today!

Will do, just as soon as it's launched. There's plenty of time for things to change.

2486051-uklnaq5.jpg

That Jeff guy made me laugh during the stream. As soon as the bit for Quantic Dream came on, he said "PLEASE BE AN FMV GAME!" :D Remember them? Wing Commander. Brilliant. It was kind of unclear if that live action bit was anything to do with the game (in a kind of Dead Island trailer way) or not. If it is an FMV game, and they use Kinect to put you into the game, tell you what, I'd get one. Yep.

Edited by hogso

Haven't really been following it that closely but this is my 2c worth..

Its huge, facking enormous. It reassembles a poorly designed 1980's VCR. Not only that, its really ugly too. I sincerely hope the noise it makes is not in direct proportion to its size (like the current 360).

The kinect sensor also, blooming enormous.

The whole confusion over 2nd hand games is annoying.

The voice recognition and hand gestures thing is a huge gimmick that will rarely be used in anger

The spec, 8cores, 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD is not really 'wow' is it considering technology already around as of today.

I'm currently not very excited by this but there is plenty of time to change that.

xbox does some voice activated channel changing that i'll never use whilst PS4 does some watch your mates play games thing that i'll never use

comes down to games with me and sony showed more exciting ones

Apparently they'll be showing the games at E3, this was more of a commercial advertisement. Still trying to work out where the red ring of death is going to appear, that little LED Xbox symbol doesn't look up to the mark.

• Like 1

Â