Xbox One

hogso

Not liking the fact you can't use pre owned games unless you pay a fee. I buy games like Fifa and CoD, but rent most my games from Lovefilm.

If the preowned thing is confirmed, thats a deal breaker for a great many people I think.

It's confirmed

Not liking the fact you can't use pre owned games unless you pay a fee. I buy games like Fifa and CoD, but rent most my games from Lovefilm.

Kills rentals completely now I assume

I used to buy all my games brand new. Once i completed them, i'd just put it on the pile and that was it. It got to the point where i thought i was wasting money on single player only games. With a Lovefilm subscription i could pay £15 and knock out 20 games in a month.

Looks like i won't be doing that any more, it's a real killer for me.

Did they confirm that the original version will still work? I'd initially assumed that if a second copy is bought for a lower fee, the initial copy is disabled.

No, the original install works still - basically you can pass around a single purchased disc and use it create multiple installs, for a fee each time it seems.

I don't buy preowned games much anymore, but I won't support a console that is designed to prevent it entirely. I think it'll bite them ultimately.

COD looked hilarious, talking up the fact that you can now slide and lean like it's an incredible, game changing feature for the next generation :lol:

Looked pretty good for the rest of it even if I won't use the voice recognition

COD looked hilarious, talking up the fact that you can now slide and lean like it's an incredible, game changing feature for the next generation :lol:

Looked pretty good for the rest of it even if I won't use the voice recognition

It won't recognise your horrible Yorkshire accent anyway :P

Honestly?

Very lackluster. The continued push or Kinect and TV is going to turn off gamers. Also don't know why they showed games that are going to be multiplatorm

Honestly?

Very lackluster. The continued push or Kinect and TV is going to turn off gamers. Also don't know why they showed games that are going to be multiplatorm

I don't understand this idea that making it into an entertainment system is going to turn people away, as long as it doesn't effect the potential for games why is it relevant? They're trying to market it to a broader audience than just gamers, can't blame them for that.

I imagine E3 will be where they really show the game side, this was just them showing what the Xbox will be capable of.

------------------------------------------------------------------

They must have paid EA a fair amount to get an ultimate team exclusive considering how big that side of it is.

Honestly?

I don't understand this idea that making it into an entertainment system is going to turn people away, as long as it doesn't effect the potential for games why is it relevant? They're trying to market it to a broader audience than just gamers, can't blame them for that.

I imagine E3 will be where they really show the game side, this was just them showing what the Xbox will be capable of.

------------------------------------------------------------------

They must have paid EA a fair amount to get an ultimate team exclusive considering how big that side of it is.

It's only exclusive content.

EA SPORTS FIFA @EASPORTSFIFA 3h

#FUT14 will be coming to both the PS4 and #XboxOne. Exclusive content for #XboxOne. #FIFA14

Edited by Daniel

It turns people away because the focus isn't going to be on the games. That's why there's such an intensive push for Kinect and TV connectivity. I mean, for crying out loud, the Xbox literally won't function without the Kinect (source)

I mean it's sort of exemplified by the kind of games/developers they pushed out there. A fifth Halo? A slew of EA games? Call of Duty: The Same?

They're all rehashes.

I'm not begrudging anyone from buying an Xbox One (though I do think they should have figured out a different naming system)

It's just that I'm going to pick my console based on the games, not whether I can watch TV on it or turn it on with my voice. Why would I pick a console that's showing off the same games as its competitor?

IMO, Microsoft is making the same mistake that Sony made when they were launching the PS3. They are just assuming everyone's going to buy it based on what they held in the previous generation, but I really think that they're making a mistake.

Now, they can blow me away at E3 perhaps, but this has been an overall trend for a while and I don't think three weeks are going to make a difference

Edited by Kwan

It turns people away because the focus isn't going to be on the games. That's why there's such an intensive push for Kinect and TV connectivity.

I mean it's sort of exemplified by the kind of games/developers they pushed out there. A fifth Halo? A slew of EA games? Call of Duty: The Same?

They're all rehashes.

I'm not begrudging anyone from buying an Xbox One (though I do think they should have figured out a different naming system)

It's just that I'm going to pick my console based on the games, not whether I can watch TV on it or turn it on with my voice. Why would I pick a console that's showing off the same games as its competitor?

IMO, Microsoft is making the same mistake that Sony made when they were launching the PS3. They are just assuming everyone's going to buy it based on what they held in the previous generation, but I really think that they're making a mistake.

They have said there will be 15 exclusive titles released in the coming year. 8 of which are entirely unique. And also said to expect much more about the game side of it when E3 comes around. Bit early to judge it IMO

I mean it's sort of exemplified by the kind of games/developers they pushed out there. A fifth Halo? A slew of EA games? Call of Duty: The Same?

i agree, it was strange how sony showed multiplat games but they were new IPs so i didnt feel the same about them, especially watchdogs, like i said here earlier it was strange how a tech demo by david cage boring as it was, was still so much better than seeing one for CoD, same with the demo for forza which showed pretty much nothing in comparison to that new exclusive IP which will probably be rubbish but it was somehing new and was actual gameplay

both of them had their fair share of guff, are any of us here seriously going to use their ps4to watch their mates play games? who wants txt alerts when their lap times get beat? but still a console-less sony had a resoundingly better show than MS

It turns people away because the focus isn't going to be on the games. That's why there's such an intensive push for Kinect and TV connectivity.

They're all rehashes.

They have said there will be 15 exclusive titles released in the coming year. 8 of which are entirely unique. And also said to expect much more about the game side of it when E3 comes around. Bit early to judge it IMO

I'll believe it when I see it. If they wanted to focus on games, they would have done it.

Instead, it's trot out EA and Activision while pumping up the Kinect. It shows where their focus is IMO

Jon Hicks @MrJonty 1h

On second hand games: you buy disc, it installs, you play from HD. Sell disc, it installs to new console and deactivates your install.

Jon Hicks @MrJonty 1h

Again, at no point when I was talking to MS did they say there was a fee for used games. They said used games were important and supported.

Conflicting stories. The not being able to play pre owned games is the massive turn off for me. I'm not willing to pay an extra fee to play a pre owned game.

Â