Xbox One

hogso

It's interesting how Sony and Microsoft have pretty much shown what their targeted audience will be.

Microsoft is very much gunning for the casual, mainstream gamer. With its heavy focus on not only Kinect games but also CoD and a slew of sports games, there's a definite audience they want to capture. Couple that with the fact that they were insistent on showing TV related things as well as being able to view your fantasy football team in real time and it's telling what they want to do.

Contrast that with Sony and their release almost exclusively focusing on IP brand games, tech demos, and indie development, they're targeting the hardcore and more serious gamers.

It's a different tactic than the precious gen where most of the arguments surrounded the specs.

Sony and Microsoft have pretty much drawn their line in the sand in this regard

My son has a 360 and a PS3 and he said he didnt want the xbox before it was announced. No backward computability means there are no ties. Console price and game availability could well be the big decider.

The fact that there are so many mixed messages coming out about the new generation of consoles suggests they dont really know or havent decided exactly what they want in and what they think they can get away with has been decided which is bloody ridiculous.

Also this Kinect thing seems very invasive.

Microsoft will spy on you having a wank on the sofa

Bad news for them,

I wank in the bathroom...

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

I probably won't buy either console. Microsoft did nothing to convince me to buy their console (in effect they did the exact opposite) and Sony have failed in that regard also. None of the inevitable usual suspect exclusives tempt me.

Think I'll carry on the road of the glorious pc gaming master race I re-embarked on last year.

They had some clarifications over on IGN about the XOne.

-Kinect must be connected in order to play the XOne

-Will have to access internet at least once a day to verify game copy (not fun for military bases)

-Mandatory game installs (not chuffed about this one, PC has had this forever)

-If you bring a CD over to your friend's XOne, you will be able to play it as long as you are logged into your profile. You can not bring your game over and play it on his profile, he will have to either re-buy it or pay a TBD fee

-Xbox Live will be back

-TV options will not be available outside NA on release. It will be rolled out

-You can not turn the Kinect microphone off

Edited by Kwan

I recently bought a brand new PC for gaming, and being apart of the glorious PC race is great..... untill you want to jump online with your buddies and have a game. Obviously, if all your mates are PC gamers then it's no problem, but most of mine generally have used Xbox's. They probably will continue to do so too, which is a shame really....as it kinda forces my hand to buy one. 

Edited by PieFacE

How the pre owned thing will work seems to depend on which Microsoft employee you listen to. They all seem to be saying slightly different things.

Bit of a shambles.

Harrison is the VP, so take what he says as being right

Considering that MS PR seems to have spent a lot of today running around backtracking on what Harrison said (saying he was commenting on a number of potential scenarios), I don't think you can even rely on his word.

In regards to pricing and spec, a video here on Engadget shows a hardware designer talking, and he says "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment play, and did it in an intelligent way and focused on key aspects of the IP for that." Presumably the reigning back of extra 'oomph' graphics wise is to limit the price of the thing a bit. As I said earlier, it's not going to be cheap if you have to have a Kinect aswell, which alone looks like a hefty bit of kit in pricing terms.

Also this Kinect thing seems very invasive.

Microsoft will spy on you having a wank on the sofa

This is why Skype has been integrated, after all

Edited by hogso

I recently bought a brand new PC for gaming, and being apart of the glorious PC race is great..... untill you want to jump online with your buddies and have a game. Obviously, if all your mates are PC gamers then it's no problem, but most have mine generally have used Xbox's. They probably will continue to do so too, which is a shame really....as it kinda forces my hand to buy one. 

Yeah, I have a PC too and Skyrim is fun and all but all of my buddies either have a PS3 or Xbox. Not a lot of fun to play by yourself

The president of US retailer Gamestop (think Gamestation but evil) has come out and said it definitely supports pre owned by the details haven't been worked out yet.

Money seems to be on a system whereby you can trade in, the retailer then notifies microsoft along with a kick back on the fee when sold that the licence for the disc is available again and their servers are updated to remove the original owners access and allow the game to be used again.

I recently bought a brand new PC for gaming, and being apart of the glorious PC race is great..... untill you want to jump online with your buddies and have a game. Obviously, if all your mates are PC gamers then it's no problem, but most have mine generally have used Xbox's. They probably will continue to do so too, which is a shame really....as it kinda forces my hand to buy one. 

Yeah, I have a PC too and Skyrim is fun and all but all of my buddies either have a PS3 or Xbox. Not a lot of fun to play by yourself

Who needs those people. Make new friends, you and PieFace could get along great. :D

Just call me Cilla.

Edited by Davkaus

Nothing yet from either company.

It'd be wise for both of them to have the entry point at 400 though

I find it unlikely there will be a large discrepancy between the two

Edited by Kwan

Â