The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand why McLeish is getting less stick than Houllier did. I think I know why but not many will agree with me. :P

Go on...

Cause his ginger maybe?

A ginger getting less stick? Does not compute.

I really don't understand why McLeish is getting less stick than Houllier did. I think I know why but not many will agree with me. :P

Go on...

Because he's French. :)

Nah. People joke about the Scottish as much as the French.

he made the monumental **** up at liverpool, mcleish gets away with murder because he says the right things to his already buddies in the media, the arsenal comments IMO were almost just as infamous yet no one in the media cared, again shows just how far we have fallen

Why does McGash say the things he does though? Is he just trying to piss people off on purpose? Does he really think the things he is saying is what we want to hear?

I don't think it will do any good to stay away from games but it really is the only way. I would prefer that than thousands of people hurling abuse at the man, nobody deserves that. Blackburn really was horrible from what I saw. I know in my earlier post I said bring it on but, people change.

McDill really should step down - and say 'I was out of my depth' and go elsewhere. The thousands of Aston Villa fans deserve better than the shit we are getting. It's not our fault for giving MON millions to spend on **** useless crap. It's not our fault Paul Faulkner managed to worm his way into an executive position through knowing **** all about the game, nor is it our fault for the managers that have been appointed since Lerner took over.

To the board, sort yourselves out because your a freaking disgrace! Your not going to have many fans turning up to games soon...

Villastine, he's not on £2.5m a year

Do not believe the daily mirror

your right he is on £1.9m per year

I promise you, he's on much less. He was on 500k at SHA and he didn't get much of a raise

he was on much more at blues, you are about £1m out with your figures and he is on £1.9m a year at villa FACT....

ALEX McLEISH walked into Aston Villa yesterday — and will pocket a 150 PER CENT pay rise.

The Scot agreed a three-year deal worth £2million a year.

McLeish’s contract at Birmingham would have seen his wages HALVED to £800,000 a year after the club were relegated from the Premier League.

McLeish, 52, who quit Brum last Sunday, insists he will silence the Villa boo-boys after crossing the Second City.

Big Eck said: “I know some of our fans have voiced concerns and I can understand why. It will be up to me to convince you that I am the right man to drive the club forward.”

Despite his appointment, the legal rows are not over. Blues want compensation for McLeish walking out, while the Scot is claiming constructive dismissal.

A Brum statement said: “We are still looking into whether Villa’s conduct has been in line with Premier League rules.”

One thing that sickens me is that we were praised for the way we approached Leeds to sign Delph and by Wigan to speak to Martinez then we went and tapped up McLeish like some filthy Redknapp kind of deal.

One thing that sickens me is that we were praised for the way we approached Leeds to sign Delph and by Wigan to speak to Martinez then we went and tapped up McLeish like some filthy Redknapp kind of deal.
\

It's actually quite hilarious isn't it, we broke our ""values"" to pull off this huge coup! :lol:

As we approach the business end to the season I find myself reflecting on a match that should be remembered for the joy it brought us that day. Now even that has been tainted as we now have in charge the same man that was responsible for the most spineless Blues performance we had witnessed since their promotion under Bruce. I recall thinking at the time that I couldn't believe how meek they were. Now it is us he has turned from lions into pussycats. Will our fate be the same?

As we approach the business end to the season I find myself reflecting on a match that should be remembered for the joy it brought us that day. Now even that has been tainted as we now have in charge the same man that was responsible for the most spineless Blues performance we had witnessed since their promotion under Bruce. I recall thinking at the time that I couldn't believe how meek they were. Now it is us he has turned from lions into pussycats. Will our fate be the same?

It's an interesting point. I do wonder whether RL felt an unease in the way we celebrated the demise of our nearest and dearest, and his appointment of the wee ginner (and the payout B-lose received- just enough for them to avoid administration :( ) was his naive attempt to bridge the divide.

Makes about as much sense as any other reason put forward.

i really hope this ''trusted source'' is right.

With Collins growing unsettled, could the Swans be set to dive in? Could forgotten man Joe Cole return to England with a move the other way? Maybe.

The Daily Mail claims that Swansea are preparing to celebrate another season amongst the big boys with the champagne signing of James Collins. Collins, whose relationship with Alex McLeish remains fractured at best, is approaching the final year of his contract, and could be available for as little as £5 million.

The 28 year old moved from West Ham in 2009, and impressed during his first two seasons before becoming rather terrible. Along with fellow wannabe lad Richard Dunne, Collins was fined two weeks’ wages last year following a boozy row with staff after a team-bonding exercise. Since then both have remained at the centre of dressing room unrest, and could be available come the seasons end.

Brendan Rodgers’ side meanwhile has continued to impress all involved in the game. His defence can lay significant claim to that praise aswell, with Steven Caulker and Ashley Williams growing into two of the top young centre backs in the league.

However, with Caulker ready to be blooded back into the Spurs squad and Williams likely to attract attention, Collins could provide Rodgers with a safe bet. He began his career at Swansea’s Welsh rivals Cardiff City and made his international debut in 2004, and would link up with a host of Wales team mates should he make the move.

After the soul destroying news of Collins potential departure, Villa fans can console themselves with the suggestion their club are ready to offer Joe Cole the chance to revive his Premier League career.

Trustiest of sources the Daily Star report Alex McLeish, who almost certainly wont be in the job come the summer, is lining up a swoop for the midfielder when he returns to Liverpool from Lille.

With Cole unlikely to break into a midfield boasting the likes of Henderson, Spearing and Shelvey, Villa could provide a viable option should they not get sucked through the trap door this May.

Cole has got his career back on track during his year-long loan in France, leading to hilarious talk of a possible England recall. The 30-year-old joined Liverpool on a free from Chelsea in 2010, but lets just say he had a nightmare before being shipped out to Lille.

With two years left on his £70,000-a-week deal the former West Ham man won’t come cheap, but he’s been told he has no long-term future at Liverpool, who are likely to let him leave for free after bringing in some other joke for endless amounts of money.

Â