The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

We wil probably lose comfortably to Liverpool and of course Man Utd, but if we happen to let a goal in at home against Stoke after losing Liverpool I think the fans will wake up and give McLeish one of the worst atmospheres seen in the Premier League ever. And imagine getting down by a goal at home to Sunderland with MON at Villa Park - I wouldn't want to be McLeish!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously the Fulham home game was another, although the last minute goal took the sting out of it.

I was at the Fulham game and most of the fans were pretty quiet throughout the game. We dominated the first half, though didn't really create too many chances but there wasn't really any abuse towards McLeish apart from when he took the Zog off and kept Albrighton on. That was the only time the crowd booed.

Since I don't go to games or watch matches on TV and can only occasionally bare to watch a stream, I haven't heard McLeish get a load of abuse at games in the way that Houllier did, or am I just missing it?

Just out of interest...

Nah GH got faaaaaaaaaaaaar more abuse then AMC

Sunderland last season at home was just vile, the hostility towards Houllier was Blackburn esque. I think everyone has just accepted we're shit and we're boring to watch this season.

So why hasn't it got to this stage with McTosser yet . There are two ways to sort this out, make the home games so damn volatile in terms of abuse towards McLeish or just stay away and vote with your feet, yes both ways could have a bad effect on the players but we are pussy footing around in our abuse of this clown, the board need to see first hand some Kean esq kind of abuse.

My Ice Hockey team that I follow in Canada have just changed their coach as the General Manager said it would have been unfair to make him coach another home game due to the fans abuse and believe me they were pussy footing about compared to what Kean was getting at Blackburn, all I'm saying is we need to get a bit nasty now in either go pay the entrance fee and abuse McGinger to hell and back or stay away and make Villa Park like a ghost town, not good for the team but either McTwa.t will step down or thousands of empty seats should see Randy grow a pair of gonads.

I've yet to hear massive sustained anti McLeish noise at villa park

There have been flash points but nothing major

Wigan away was as bad as I've seen, the 2nd half was very uncomfortable

Since I don't go to games or watch matches on TV and can only occasionally bare to watch a stream, I haven't heard McLeish get a load of abuse at games in the way that Houllier did, or am I just missing it?

Just out of interest...

Sunderland last season at home was just vile, the hostility towards Houllier was Blackburn esque. I think everyone has just accepted we're shit and we're boring to watch this season.

So why hasn't it got to this stage with McTosser yet . There are two ways to sort this out, make the home games so damn volatile in terms of abuse towards McLeish or just stay away and vote with your feet, yes both ways could have a bad effect on the players but we are pussy footing around in our abuse of this clown, the board need to see first hand some Kean esq kind of abuse.

My Ice Hockey team that I follow in Canada have just changed their coach as the General Manager said it would have been unfair to make him coach another home game due to the fans abuse and believe me they were pussy footing about compared to what Kean was getting at Blackburn, all I'm saying is we need to get a bit nasty now in either go pay the entrance fee and abuse McGinger to hell and back or stay away and make Villa Park like a ghost town, not good for the team but either McTwa.t will step down or thousands of empty seats should see Randy grow a pair of gonads.

I think this approach would have been the way forward at the start of the season, but not with 8 games to go and our Premiership status hanging in the balance.

We have a lot of young players who need our support, McLeish can wait.

Unless Lerner has a serious change of heart, or snaps completely, this awful season is likely to go on to the bitter end.

I am not sure what McLeish and Grant do on the training pitch, or what they actually see during the games, but how can they think these performances are acceptable or of the required standard of a Premiership side?

The injuries cannot be used as an excuse as the performances have been consistantly bad all season. Neither can losing Young and Downing.

The truth is, McLeish just cannot manage.

We can all moan as much as we like but Mc Leish will still be here to start next season, The Board appointed him against supporters wishes and he is doing the job they have asked him to do under financial constraints,there are no ambitious Managers out there that would be prepared to do that.

We can all moan as much as we like but Mc Leish will still be here to start next season, The Board appointed him against supporters wishes and he is doing the job they have asked him to do under financial constraints,there are no ambitious Managers out there that would be prepared to do that.

Then the fans have to vote with their feet and stay away, it WILL work in the end if there were thousands upon thousands of empty seats every home match....

Reason is expectations were lowered considerably thanks to the pre-work from GED
Nope, don't think it's that at all. We finished 9th last season and many people expected us to be midtable this season. Unfortunately we're now in a relegation battle.

Anyway, lowered expections are more to do with our financial situation. We just can't afford to spend as much as we used to.

Could you imagine if we lose to Manu having lost to Liverpool and Stoke? 5 defeats in a row. I think I would cry.

The abuse Keane got was savage, and I was initially disgusted with the Blackburn fans. But to be honest the way things are going, especially if the above happens, then bring on the insults and boos during the following game.

I'm beginning to feel frustrated at not knowing what will happen at the end of the season, I just want the next game to come along.

They said we would be fighting for a European place not fighting for relagation. Here my friend spells falier on McLeish's part. It could happen in no other industry where a manager does so badly and still has support of the board.

I seriously would'nt like to be in his shoes if he gets us relegated. He will have to leave the country as the Midlands most wanted.

Could you imagine if we lose to Manu having lost to Liverpool and Stoke? 5 defeats in a row. I think I would cry.

The abuse Keane got was savage, and I was initially disgusted with the Blackburn fans. But to be honest the way things are going, especially if the above happens, then bring on the insults and boos during the following game.

I'm beginning to feel frustrated at not knowing what will happen at the end of the season, I just want the next game to come along.

I think this is the most likely scenario

Liverpool have been dogshit but we make it easy for sides and i fully expect them to roll us over comfortably

Man U are Man U who happen to be wanting to desparately hold onto the title over their archrivals fergie will give them no room for complacency and we will park the bus anyway no chance of an upset

Stoke big physical our bogey side i never see us play convincingly against them throw in the fact we have alot of kids in our side i can see them being grinded into the turf

I'd say a point is the best we can hope for and thats against Stoke

Just out of interest...

Go Canucks Go! :winkold:

Just out of interest...

Go Canucks Go! :winkold:

Hi Skipvilla, don't **** the playoffs up this year, I'm born and bred in England but want the Canadian teams to do well in the playoffs, well not the Senaturds..

Sorry for the off topic guys.

Â