The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

From a somewhat new US fan:

Realistically (although from lurking here, idk if that exists on this forum) what will it take for McLeish to be sacked? If we finish 16-17, will Randy feel that our premiere league safety will be in jeopardy next season and be forced to make a change? Or will he feel that injuries, lack of own players, etc. are reason enough to give McLeish another full season to prove himself? As a billionaire, I doubt Randy will want to be proven wrong after making such a controversial decision. If McLeish is sacked, what faith should we have that Randy will find someone better than McLeish? I do admit it would be impossible for him to find someone worse, so I guess there is that positive. Sorry that my country has given you such a shit owner.

Hopefully Randy will learn from these lessons pretty quickly. He's still a relatively young chairman after all.

(Congratulations on choosing to follow the greatest club in the world, by the way!)

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a somewhat new US fan:

Realistically (although from lurking here, idk if that exists on this forum)

It bodes well for you that you've realised this early on!

Head over to off topic, it's where the sane people hang out ;)

karen brady? i think the suggestion was actually a piss take and not a serious suggestion

Quite correct, it was very much tongue in cheek.

The point that I have made on a number of occasions is that this mythical list of experienced "football" chief executives doesn't really exist. If it did, Ms Brady would be right up there and, although she may (or may not) be a decent businesswoman, I believe that her "football" credentials are tiny.

Paul Faulkner is often put forward as Mr.Lerner's yes man. This is something that I doubt, mainly because I don't think that Mr.Lerner can afford to have a yes man running a remote business. It would not be in his interests.

Steve Stride, the mention of whom began this sequence, was a yes man to an omnipresent dictator. Having stuck with the old git for so many years, his tolerant personality ensured that he enjoyed a decent reward.

Steve Stride, the mention of whom began this sequence, was a yes man to an omnipresent dictator. Having stuck with the old git for so many years, his tolerant personality ensured that he enjoyed a decent reward.

He was also here when we signed GTmk2, not exactly evidence of a great footballing mind.

I expect us to get a point at best out of those 4 games

which would make Bolton a six pointer for sure

A point? Im not convinced to say the least. We could lose all of them quite easily, and without Heskey even scoring a goal.

A point? Im not convinced to say the least. We could lose all of them quite easily, and without Heskey even having an attempt on goal.

I fixed that for you mate! :winkold:

A point? Im not convinced to say the least. We could lose all of them quite easily, and without Heskey even scoring a goal.

Im trying to be optimistic for once :P

What would happen if..... We lose to Liverpool and then Stoke, AND THEN lose to Manu and Sunderland?

Can you imagine what the Bolton game would be like!!!!!

Well ....we play Liverpool at Anfield, nuff said

Stoke have Peter Crouch, and we can't defend corners ?!

Man U ...say no more

And Sunderland will have a point to prove with MON in charge :!:

I actually think the only game we can take a point or all three from is Liverpool.. Their form just isn't great right now it could very easily be like when we faced Chelsea earlier in the season, their form was shocking we all expected them to break their drought and we won 3-1. If we can do that again against another out of form team we'll be in a much better situation.. The rest though are relatively in form and will probably batter us.

Nothing less than 3 points from the next 2 games is acceptable.

We should be looking for at least a draw at Anfield against a side that is way off form and who lost to QPR and Wigan in recent times and we should be looking for a win at home to Stoke who are also off form.

However, I suspect we will play our usual negative shit at Liverpool in an attempt to not lose and then gift them the 3 points to spare Dalglish's blushes for another week but I cannot find any reason or excuse for us not to win at home to Stoke.

Â