The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Okay just stopped laughing at the line about Villa fans having their soul destroyed by the potential departure of Collins.

Haha, that bit caught my eye as well. I wouldn't shed a tear if the whole of the old guard back four were replaced this summer. Well.... maybe tears of joy.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay just stopped laughing at the line about Villa fans having their soul destroyed by the potential departure of Collins.

Haha, that bit caught my eye as well. I wouldn't shed a tear if the whole of the old guard back four were replaced this summer. Well.... maybe tears of joy.

Yes because we can trust McPoxyUselessManager to replace them with better players :|

Maybe we will see the return of Liam Ridgewell?

I don't think there's a chance in the world that Cole will come to us with McLeish as manager.

I didn't want him when it was rumoured in the summer as I wasn't sure he was good enough. Now we'd kill for a player of his quality (thought we'd no doubt misuse him even if we had him, so...)

Yes because we can trust McPoxyUselessManager to replace them with better players :|

Maybe we will see the return of Liam Ridgewell?

I'm hoping he is not part of the equation come the summer.

Three of the back four do not deserve to still be at this club after last season's behaviour. They haven't redeemed themselves this season with their performances either, so I would be looking to replace those three as bare minimum if we are looking to improve as a team in both style and performance.

@ Neils:

And which free signings and bosmans will we replace them with ( that we can afford to pay )

Warnock will be out of contract, as will Heskey and Cueller which will free up some significant funds in the wages. Dunne and Collins will be in their final year so may move on. With a bit of good scouting that will cast the net further afield than the Premiership, then maybe we can pick up some good quality technical players to fit into the squad. The back four are not irreplaceable you know, other teams are looking to do the same thing.

I don't think, in our situation, he's worth his wages. But fair play to Cole for going to France, getting his head down and concentrating on his football. I didn't think he was the kind of player to put his football first. It seems I could have been wrong.

Someone touched on it yesterday, at any other club the local press (and national) would be turning the screw on the manager for doling out such shite every week, but somehow McLeish escapes.

Mud doesn't seem to stick, similarly to Teflon O'Neill.

Sorry to ruin your party but Warnock's got another year.

Doh, I could have sworn it was this year. Still if MON was to offer £2.5m I would bite his hand off. Therefore saving some wages. I guess this means all three of the forementioned are going to be in their final year this season?

Like I said, this can't go on much longer

I'm not sure what 'this' is but if you mean McLeish being our manager then sadly I don't agree, I don't think there is any reason to believe his job is in danger at the moment.

I think we are stuck with him and with everything that brings.

Â