The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

In hindsight, the protest before the hiring has been very counter-productive to the Villa fans' cause moving forward. From day one it gave the media the convenient and somewhat false justification that our only problem with McLeish, no matter what he has done or continues to do during his tenure, is the fact that he came from where he came from. After all, by the media's reasoning, that was 'our' problem from day one and nothing has changed. It's a convenient brush to tar us all with.

If that were the case then the protests would have continued before every match

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in hope that there is a clause in the contract to part ways if he finishes below 14th.
Like our owner and his sidekick have been proved adept at negotiating good contracts in the past?

Consequently they will give McLeish an easy time of it and he won't get the pressure placed on him that he might otherwise get from questions and conferences with the various meeja peeps.

It's about time Abraham or Kendrick helped crank up the pressure, but I guess it's too easy to bottle it and be scared of being banned from McLeish's press conferences instead.

In hindsight, the protest before the hiring has been very counter-productive to the Villa fans' cause moving forward. From day one it gave the media the convenient and somewhat false justification that our only problem with McLeish, no matter what he has done or continues to do during his tenure, is the fact that he came from where he came from. After all, by the media's reasoning, that was 'our' problem from day one and nothing has changed. It's a convenient brush to tar us all with.

Unless you've misinterpreted what I wrote, I'm saying the media were wrong in their assessment. I'm saying that it wasn't the case. That doesn't mean the media have to bother to re-assess their incorrect reasoning. All they want is that convenient brush I mentioned.

I live in hope that there is a clause in the contract to part ways if he finishes below 14th.

That clause shouldn't be required. After the general claimed we could finish 5th and Faulkner talked about Europe they should sack him the minute the final whistle of the final game goes.

Unfortunately I believe Lerner is more than happy with Aston Villa just being a premiership team and doesn't give a shit what the fans think.

Has there ever been another manager who after relegating their team is rewarded with a premiership job and pay rise? I'm struggling to think of another club who have made such a laughable appointment.

Like our owner and his sidekick have been proved adept at negotiating good contracts in the past?

Not sure what you mean Richard, if you are alluding to players like Beye and Heskey, then these were the players that were identified by the then manager. If the board is backing their manager then they sign these players, otherwise it would be interfering with managers selections and this board would be in even more meltdown if it was Faulkner choosing who we should and shouldnt sign based on his perception of their worth and talent.

But round and round we go.

As can be seen from my posts, I just call him his actual name Mcleish or sometimes AM his initials. So far I have seen

Mc Negative

Mc clown

Mc clearing in the woods

Mc clueless

Mc tosser

Mc Adjective

M clearing in the woods

Mc duff

Mc loser

Mc word removed

Mc stupid

Mc agent

Mc shit

and of course his actual name Mcleish.

I think that is all. Have I missed any?

So we add to the already long list.

Mc cant

Mcrelegator

Mcdeluded

McPassingandattackingwhat'sthatthenIhaven'tgotacluebecauseI'mauselessgingerwordremoved!

Mc bullshit

Consequently they will give McLeish an easy time of it and he won't get the pressure placed on him that he might otherwise get from questions and conferences with the various meeja peeps.

It's about time Abraham or Kendrick helped crank up the pressure, but I guess it's too easy to bottle it and be scared of being banned from McLeish's press conferences instead.

There's a fine line alright. I imagine it's tricky to continue to have a good relationship with the club while trying to ask the tricky questions. There does need to be a level of separation though. I'm just not sure how you achieve it. I think it's the Sky lot that need to do it. They're the powerhouse. They can't really be banned. I wouldn't blame local media so much.

As can be seen from my posts, I just call him his actual name Mcleish or sometimes AM his initials. So far I have seen

Mc Negative

Mc clown

Mc clearing in the woods

Mc clueless

Mc tosser

Mc Adjective

M clearing in the woods

Mc duff

Mc loser

Mc word removed

Mc stupid

Mc agent

Mc shit

and of course his actual name Mcleish.

I think that is all. Have I missed any?

So we add to the already long list.

Mc cant

Mcrelegator

Mcdeluded

McPassingandattackingwhat'sthatthenIhaven'tgotacluebecauseI'mauselessgingerwordremoved!

Mc bullshit

McChickenSandwich

That clause shouldn't be required. After the general claimed we could finish 5th and Faulkner talked about Europe they should sack him the minute the final whistle of the final game goes.

Has there ever been another manager who after relegating their team is rewarded with a premiership job and pay rise? I'm struggling to think of another club who have made such a laughable appointment.

True but this is football and you could guarantee the LMA would back him to the hilt and he would be due a massive payout even after this claim, at least if it were contractual it would make things easier.

Unless you've misinterpreted what I wrote, I'm saying the media were wrong in their assessment. I'm saying that it wasn't the case. That doesn't mean the media have to bother to re-assess their incorrect reasoning. All they want is that convenient brush I mentioned.
I'm not disagreeing with you on the media angle. Just providing the correct answer should anyone from the media be interested.

Besides which media people are not stupid they see the reason. It just helps the story to perpetuate the rivalry and "football supporters are really stupid because all they care about is the rivalry" aspect. What good is the story "just another shite manager doing a shite job" ?

Then we're in full agreement Richard. Both on the issues and on the media's intentional and continued misrepresentation of them.

It's also why the only pressure that's going to be put on McLeish will come from the fans and probably via reduced revenue rather than protests. We've seen protests to be largely ineffective because; as I've said; it just gets put down to him being from 'over there' rather than him being totally shite at motivating and instructing a team.

True but this is football and you could guarantee the LMA would back him to the hilt and he would be due a massive payout even after this claim, at least if it were contractual it would make things easier.

And this is another reason why I believe Lerner's decisions are really effecting us. After £12 million spent on compensation to the previous 2 we just aren't in a position to sack a manager that is under performing.

TBH we were probably in a position to put a clause like the one you mention in. Mcleish had just been relegated, there was talk of blues going into administration and surely Mcleish would have done anything for a premiership job. For some reason though we ended up giving the man a pay rise.

My own personal opinion on Mcleish and the media is that the media and general public find us so ridiculously boring that they simply cannot be bothered to give Mcleish stick and dedicate lots of column inches in the papers to whether he should be sacked. Even Blackburn Rovers are considered more exciting then Aston Villa at the moment.

McLeish getting an easy ride from the media is due to our (ever decreasing) points cushion. If we were in QPR's position he'd be getting a lot more stick. We were shit last season as well so it's not like this crap is anything new.

Â