The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Faulkner might now have a clue employing a manager but he must have something about him to get decent sponsorship and kit deals given the fact the team have performed shit most of the season.Should we just about stay up I can not see how much longer they can keep employing someone so universial unliked by the fans and performing so badly and hope to attract investment.

What horrifies me is how bad we are at defending I mean for FFS the third goal on Saturday why the hell wasn't Heskey on the near post ? Honestly the worst I throught we would be this year was grinding out boring 1-0 wins...how wrong I was

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McLeish finally wins something:

http://www.football365.com/topical-top-10/7647727/Top-Ten-Hated-By-Their-Own-Fans

1. Alex McLeish

By far the most hated man on this list, McLeish has done little to placate the Villa fans who were outraged by his appointment in the summer. The football has been dire, his best signing has said it's the worst season of his career, Gabby Agbonlahor is begging for the campaign to end and the team are teetering just above the relegation pack. It's no wonder Villa supporters are protesting. Indeed, many are still scratching their heads over why McLeish was ever given the job in the first place. Not only was he manager of the club's arch rivals, he also wasn't a very good one, taking Birmingham down into the Championship. Twice. There's clearly no way forward under Big 'Eck and the torch and pitchfork brigade will only grow more vociferous unless he scarpers this summer.

More of this please, media.

McLeish says "Criticism is fine, as long as it is deserved" is the headline Talksport news are going with. Slightly skewing of his words their by Talksport as you would expect but still, we all know at the moment it is more than deserved and in most cases I would say it has been slightly reserved.

We deserve and expect much more than 15th in the league and dire football, even if the media and other teams fans don't agree.

I really like this quote from the Cleveland Browns fan Mike Poljke jnr

"This is the thing, we don't even expect you to be good, we just want you to be watch-able, do you realise how low our expectations are?!"

We aren't expecting the League title, We aren't even expecting European football but what we do expect is for you to show us attractive, attacking football and a passion and desire to fight for this club and we will accept nothing less.

McLeish says "Criticism is fine, as long as it is deserved" is the headline Talksport news are going with. Slightly skewing of his words their by Talksport as you would expect but still, we all know at the moment it is more than deserved and in most cases I would say it has been slightly reserved.

We deserve and expect much more than 15th in the league and dire football, even if the media and other teams fans don't agree.

I really like this quote from the Cleveland Browns fan Mike Poljke jnr

"This is the thing, we don't even expect you to be good, we just want you to be watch-able, do you realise how low our expectations are?!"

We aren't expecting the League title, We aren't even expecting European football but what we do expect is for you to show us attractive, attacking football and a passion and desire to fight for this club and we will accept nothing less.

I agree with you totally. Doesn't it demonstrate how our expectations have lowered over the last couple of seasons though!

As can be seen from my posts, I just call him his actual name Mcleish or sometimes AM his initials. So far I have seen

Mc Negative

Mc clown

Mc clearing in the woods

Mc clueless

Mc tosser

Mc Adjective

M clearing in the woods

Mc duff

Mc loser

Mc word removed

Mc stupid

Mc agent

Mc shit

and of course his actual name Mcleish.

I think that is all. Have I missed any?

So we add to the already long list.

Mc cant

Mcrelegator

Mcdeluded

McPassingandattackingwhat'sthatthenIhaven'tgotacluebecauseI'mauselessgingerwordremoved!

Mc bullshit

McClot.

Thank god it's The Masters this weekend, a lovely detour from football

Anyway, here's how the next few days will go, Saturday, tramps 4-0 villa

Sunday, Faulkner issues a vote of confidence

McIlroy wins the masters

Easter Monday, villa 0-2 stoke, McLeish fired

Tuesday KMac/Sid in til the season end

McIlroy wins the masters

I can't see McLeish being fired now, however much I want it. Unfortunately, this is going to go all the way to the bitter end - I just hope and pray that 'end' is not the Championship.

As can be seen from my posts, I just call him his actual name Mcleish or sometimes AM his initials. So far I have seen

Mc Negative

Mc clown

Mc clearing in the woods

Mc clueless

Mc tosser

Mc Adjective

M clearing in the woods

Mc duff

Mc loser

Mc word removed

Mc stupid

Mc agent

Mc shit

Mc cant

Mcrelegator

Mcdeluded

McPassingandattackingwhat'sthatthenIhaven'tgotacluebecauseI'mauselessgingerwordremoved!

Mc bullshit

McClot.

McNugget

McIlroy wins the masters

I think lefty will get another green jacket this weekend.

I couldnt give a toss about mcleish or the liverpool game this weekend, I alreday know the outcome and have no intention of watching the game

There were plenty of better managers out-of-work at the time of Houllier's departure. Some were pretty unrealistic (e.g. Ancelotti) but some were very gettable, like Hughes. This is why I am still absolutely baffled as to why we went and tapped up McLeish.
Hughes and all the others would have wanted transfer money. There is no money. McLeish was the only one willing to accept that.

There were plenty of better managers out-of-work at the time of Houllier's departure. Some were pretty unrealistic (e.g. Ancelotti) but some were very gettable, like Hughes. This is why I am still absolutely baffled as to why we went and tapped up McLeish.
Hughes and all the others would have wanted transfer money. There is no money. McLeish was the only one willing to accept that.

WTF?!!! so what exactly did we give in exchange for Given, Hutton, Nzogbia and the loan fee for Jenas?!! We has pelnty of f**kin money. Nevermind his own contract...top 20 best paid managers in football

Hughton would've bee na good shout, I've said this all along. I'd rather the club have taken a gamble on an unknown than hire a known failure.

I still understand why people keep saying he was the only one who would've taken the job.

Mc Negative

Mc clown

Mc clearing in the woods

Mc clueless

Mc tosser

Mc Adjective

M clearing in the woods

Mc duff

Mc loser

Mc word removed

Mc stupid

Mc agent

Mc shit

Mc cant

Mcrelegator

Mcdeluded

Mc bullshit

McClot.

McNugget

Ronald Mcdonald

WTF?!!! so what exactly did we give in exchange for Given, Hutton, Nzogbia and the loan fee for Jenas?!! We has pelnty of f**kin money. Nevermind his own contract...top 20 best paid managers in football

Well said.

Of course other managers would have come.

Â