The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

It would take Agbonlahor a month to work out "cleishM OTU"

It would take a month for Agbonlahor to work out 'McLeish Out' let alone any anagram of it. He isn't the brightest button in the box and now he's been made Captain!!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would take Agbonlahor a month to work out "cleishM OTU"

It would take a month for Agbonlahor to work out 'McLeish Out' let alone any anagram of it. He isn't the brightest button in the box and now he's been made Captain!!

Gabby has thought for the past months that McLeish has come out of the closet. It's been awkward.

I'm going to say it again. No one here will agree. But I don't care. I care about our great Club:-

For goodness sake - Get behind the team and yes get behind this, our manager. Things are potentailly too serious. Making ridiculous, knee jerk, far too late decisions to get rid of a manager at this stage of the season are just too much of a risk (look at Wolves!). And the insults do no one any credit.

Get behind him! Then when we are safe and at the end of the season make an objective decision. And maybe all of you are right. But all our focus should now be towards making sure this Club achieves Premier League status for 2012/13. And then have your way.......................! I may just not agree with you even then!

If we go to Liverpool and play cautious defensive football trying our hardest not to lose, considering the run of form they are on, which let's face it is a real possibility - will you still be asking us to support him? If yes I really don't understand how

2 huge games for him this weekend, Liverpool is the biggest of the season IMO if we don't bother trying again with Stoke so close I think it will finally turn

He's gonna be here next season, think only a relegation will change that. They have been clearly planning for next season for a few months now. The fact he's already signed a player for next season has to be the nailing in the coffin to people who think he'll be gone soon. Our scouts have been hard at work by the looks too, setting up short lists of players to sign this summer. I don't think we are going to get what we wish for here, well not this year.

As we are in a bit of a pickle now, I think we should show good support over the next 8 games to the team on the pitch. They'll need it, especially with the amount of inexperience in our squad right now.

i wouldnt give him the stink off my shit

every other day i pop back on here in the hope that randy has snapped out of his spastic phase of the last 18 months and booted the ginger poison twins out of our club

each and every game the long suffereing and those tricked into buying season tickets on the back of a flow of bullshit from the club should protest, banners, songs and all. the clueless flame haired rough skinned north of england self proclaimed 'manager' has had it too easy for too long.

we need to actually show the rest of the country that it is not a couple deluded fans who dont like him, the thick retarded bumpy faced sweaty sock really has taken the piss and needs to be given no choice but to leave.

i **** hate that puke of a human

Circumstances are aligning to make the Sunderland game breaking point if we haven't done enough

Particularly when you look at the other fixtures that day

MON, McLeish and us possibly slipping into the drop zone is a recipe for trouble

Circumstances are aligning to make the Sunderland game breaking point if we haven't done enough

Particularly when you look at the other fixtures that day

MON, McLeish and us possibly slipping into the drop zone is a recipe for trouble

Symbolically that may be the case, but in reality the most crucial game is the Bolton one a few days later.

I'm going to say it again. No one here will agree. But I don't care. I care about our great Club:-

For goodness sake - Get behind the team and yes get behind this, our manager. Things are potentailly too serious. Making ridiculous, knee jerk, far too late decisions to get rid of a manager at this stage of the season are just too much of a risk (look at Wolves!). And the insults do no one any credit.

Get behind him! Then when we are safe and at the end of the season make an objective decision. And maybe all of you are right. But all our focus should now be towards making sure this Club achieves Premier League status for 2012/13. And then have your way.......................! I may just not agree with you even then!

You aren't the only one who cares about our club, those on here desperate to see the back of McLeish are doing so because they care.

I actually agree with you, its too late to get rid of McLeish we've passed that point although I still think he should have been sacked weeks ago.

From what I've seen and heard at games the fans are behind the team and I think that will continue but I don't think they will ever get behind the manager.

As for on here, whatever is posted on here makes no difference to the team, performances or results and as such its unrealistic to expect anyone to hold back in their criticism of him and the quite terrible job he has done since he was appointed.

The second we are safe, if that happens, I suspect McLeish thinks the pressure will ease well I for one hope that is when it really starts and the fans really show him what they think because at the moment despite what you think I think most people are really holding back at games.

i'm getting sick of this get behind the manager shite, get behind the team yes but back this fool no way.

never wanted him in the first place but once he was appointed i was, like most fans i know was willing to give him a fair crack of the whip, but after nearly a season of him, he's done nothing to change my view of him, in fact it's worse now. He needs to go now & this is not a knee jerk reaction but something i've thought for sometime. He should have gone in Jan, but sacking him now is a gamble, it could go as Wolves or it could lift the team & fans to give us the confidence to get some results. i for one would like to gamble as i don't see our performances or results getting any better but i can't see Randy "cat got yer tongue" Learner doing it...

The managerial position is in somewhat of a dead zone at the moment; it would show ridiculous leadership from above to make any decisive decisions (public) now.

A month or so ago, yes sack him and get someone in for the run in. After we're mathematically safe, sack him. But now we've reached a point where it serves absolutely no point to get rid with urgency - be nice, but kind of pointless. Just scrape together the points, try not to rock an already capsizing boat and get to that safety spot as soon as possible.

Sacking him now adds further uncertainty, distractions and means the squad would be playing match days without a familiar backroom staff, captain or many first team regulars. I feel the point gain would be negligible now even if a new manager did come in considering the depleted squad and it's not worth the risk. You've still got to hope we can pick up at least 5 points before the end of the season even with this idiot.

Don't get me wrong, all roads should lead to McLeish being gone by May at the latest.

However, I just can't see it happening unfortunately. Money is now the most important thing to Lerner. Let's hope safety equates to McLeish out and Lerner putting us up for sale.

I'm just praying he pulls off a miracle over this long weekend

But if he goes to anfield and sets up for 0-0 is that acceptable, a point there normally is good but with their form ?

Then stoke at home, tough game for sure, and us defending set pieces ?

Christ I don't know

Serves no point? How about bringing in a manager with a less negative approach for the last 7 games, which with this squad might well be all that's needed to get the points to stay up. How about giving the fans a boost, and uniting them behind the team for the run in. How about giving the players a boost, letting them off the leash, not to mention the ones who are unhappy with him personally.

I don't think it could get worse with him gone. So I want him gone now. It's never too late to change.

I'm giving him til about 720pm on Monday night

He needs at least 3 points from the 2 games

Even if this manager gets the 3 points you would like from 2 games, what the hell is it going to change overall?

3 points from a totally out of form Liverpoo and a Stoke team that are on the wind down to the summer holidays hardly turns this bloke into the new Pep Guardiola does it?

Take a look at his CV. Take a look at this seasons dismal record.

Forget the results. Forget the fact we only have 7 wins from 30 games. Forget the fact that he has come from our fiercest rivals. Forget the fact the we are the only team in the premiership that have not scored from a corner. Forget the spats he has had with Ireland and Insomnia. Forget the fact he says we can't win at Arsenal. Forget the injuries. Forget the fact we are playing lots of kids. Forget his dour interviews and forget that he has blamed the players on numerous occasions......

and ask yourself this question, how many times have you seen Aston Villa play good football this season?

and then ask your self, that with the 3 points from 2 games will things, in the long term, really get better with this man?

Wake up and smell the coffee. Things are NOT going to get better under this bloke.

He's been a dead man walking for months. God knows how he's still in a job.

If we are being honest he was a dead man walking the moment he either lapsed into madness or was blinded by money and accepted the job.

The fact that two seemingly sensible men and a te aforementioned individual managed to sit down and somehow agree that this appointment was and still appears to be in the best interests of the club is where reality becomes stretched.

Even now, i genuinely do not know how the reasning went????????

Â