The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The owner has left, so it looks like McLeish is in charge for at least two more games.

Running scared again, I think he'd sack him via text / fax / email anyway

He doesn't seem the type to do it in the boardroom

He's the 20th highest paid manager, check out that list it will tell you how much he is on

Don't believe everything thats in the papers :winkold:

Well if that's the case it just makes my season tickets revenues / cost of getting rid of McLeish argument that much more compelling.

I bet Lerner told McLeish at the interview, keep us up, don't spend any money and reduce wages. In that was he has 2 out of 3 so far.

Why do you think he has not been sacked yet.

Errr..... that's what ANY manager would have been working to.

Despite it looking increasingly likely that he's here for the long term, I still have high hopes that McLeish won't be Villa manager come August. It just doesn't make any sense to keep him, both from a financial and a football perspective.

Then again, I remember that the people who could rid us of this monster are the same people who were stupid enough to employ him in the first place.

Despite it looking increasingly likely that he's here for the long term, I still have high hopes that McLeish won't be Villa manager come August. It just doesn't make any sense to keep him, both from a financial and a football perspective.

Then again, I remember that the people who could rid us of this monster are the same people who were stupid enough to employ him in the first place.

Call out Beowulf!

Whatever way you look at it, McLeish was rewarded for failing at his previous club with a bumper contract and the opportunity to stay in the PL.

Only at Aston Villa this could happen.

It is also laughable to remark that McLeish is this nice man, full of integrity.

I hate Small Heath as much as the next Villa fan, but there is no integrity in the way he treated them - taking them down, knowing full well that relegation would put the club in a precarious position financially, and then resigning by e-mail.

The man is a coward. If he takes us down this season and is offered another PL job (which is unlikely, but still) he'd do exactly the same to us.

Here is another one for you.

McCretin.

I wanted to start a "what kind of celebration would you perform, if he got sacked" thread, but did'nt know weather it would get locked. Or shall we just start it on here. I would have to have an all dayer down the local, it would be like Christmas come early!

I wanted to start a "what kind of celebration would you perform, if he got sacked" thread, but did'nt know weather it would get locked. Or shall we just start it on here. I would have to have an all dayer down the local, it would be like Christmas come early!
Ok, well firstly I'd scream with joy until my I could no longer speak. Secondly, I'd go out and get hammered, and I don't even drink!

Since I don't go to games or watch matches on TV and can only occasionally bare to watch a stream, I haven't heard McLeish get a load of abuse at games in the way that Houllier did, or am I just missing it?

Just out of interest...

Since I don't go to games or watch matches on TV and can only occasionally bare to watch a stream, I haven't heard McLeish get a load of abuse at games in the way that Houllier did, or am I just missing it?

Just out of interest...

Its so unbelievable the shit boring football I think most of us just go into shock and don't know weather to cheer or boo!

Hey you did'nt tell us how you would celebrate?

Just out of interest...

There have been a few games where the supporters have got restless but the game that stands out is the Wigan away game where the atmosphere turned extremely nasty during the second half and pretty much the whole of the away end sang anti-McLeish songs.

Obviously the Fulham home game was another, although the last minute goal took the sting out of it.

Just out of interest...

Nah GH got faaaaaaaaaaaaar more abuse then AMC

Sunderland last season at home was just vile, the hostility towards Houllier was Blackburn esque. I think everyone has just accepted we're shit and we're boring to watch this season.

Just out of interest...

Its so unbelievable the shit boring football I think most of us just go into shock and don't know weather to cheer or boo!

Hey you did'nt tell us how you would celebrate?

I would probably read the headline "Villa sack McLeish" and the overwhealming joy would cause this to happen

1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

Â