The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

So you dont think finishing 6th and qualifying for europe is worth the money spent ?

Surley that is better than what we are doing now ?

Obviously it wasn't worth it as we're now paying for it. Both Randy and MON can take blame for that. Haven't we gone through all this countless times before? :?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you dont think finishing 6th and qualifying for europe is worth the money spent ?

Of course it's better in terms of footballing reasons. No one is debating that. But when the club makes a loss of £59million and the year before that, a loss of £30million(ish)... it's hardly worth it, is it?

I'm no accountant, but it's pretty obvious that our wage bill was crippling the club (Habib Beye, 40k a week), is that what you think a better situation is? A club that cant sustain itself financially and would end up probably doing a Leeds?

If that's your definition of better then, you're crazy :lol:

Obviously it wasn't worth it as we're now paying for it. Both Randy and MON can take blame for that. Haven't we gone through all this countless times before? :?

Well that does not make sence to me.

All the teams that qualify for europe spend a shitload of money,I cant think of one team that got to europe for **** all,so if you want to finish high enough for europe you HAVE TO spend buckets of $$$

All the teams that qualify for europe spend a shitload of money,I cant think of one team that got to europe for **** all,so if you want to finish high enough for europe you HAVE TO spend buckets of $$$

Yes, but the club doesnt bring in enough revenue to be able to spend as much as we were. Hence £80million losses over 2 years. It's really quite simple.

Of course it's better in terms of footballing reasons. No one is debating that. But when the club makes a loss of £59million and the year before that, a loss of £30million(ish)... it's hardly worth it, is it?

I'm no accountant, but it's pretty obvious that our wage bill was crippling the club (Habib Beye, 40k a week), is that what you think a better situation is? A club that cant sustain itself financially and would end up probably doing a Leeds?

If that's your definition of better then, you're crazy :lol:

Put it another way then,are we going to qualify for europe with bosman signings ?

All the TOP teams and all the teams that qualify are full of expensive players on big wages.so if you want to finish high up the table you have to spend, you can't do it any other way.

Yes, but the club doesnt bring in enough revenue to be able to spend as much as we were. Hence £80million losses over 2 years. It's really quite simple.

Well we must be doing something wrong then.I know we are not a Man U or a Chelsea but we are not a Stoke or a Fulham either ?

Well we must be doing something wrong then.I know we are not a Man U or a Chelsea but we are not a Stoke or a Fulham either ?

Yeah, we gave too many mediocre players too high wages. Simple as that. As soon the economic situation is fixed I hope and think we can rise again in a steadier and slower way that's financial safer. Though, I doubt we'll do that with AML.

Yaaaay :hooray:

You get it, we were doing something wrong! Paying out HUGE wages and large transfer fees to average footballers! Stoke and Fulham dont do that to the extent we did, you see.

[Yeah, we had some gutless games under Houllier, no doubt about that.

We had some? off the top my head Liverpool away, Blackburn away, Man City away ( twice, one we surrendered before a ball had even been kicked ), Sunderland at home, Wolves at home, Arsenal at home, Sha at home. I had the misfortune to be at all those games and it was some of the most gutless tripe I have been served up in my 30 years following this great club.

Your right Houllier didn't have a pre season. What he inherited though was a group of players ( less Milner, plus Ireland and a number of youngsters on the verge of stepping up ) that had just given this club its best 38 game Premiership season points wise, had just finished top 6 for the third time on the bounce ( for the first time since the early 1930,s ) had just been to its first cup final in a decade and had the 4th best defence in the league the previous season. A side on its day capable of giving anyone a game and had the previous season beaten Liverpool at Anfield, Man Utd at Old Trafford and Chelsea at VP. A side that hadn't lost a local derby in years.

What did he proceed to do with the above? have us in and around the relegation mire for 5 months, serving up gutless tripe, losing against all of local rivals in the same season for the first time in donkeys years and he had to spend the best part of 30 mill to dig us out of the crap he had dug us into. No surprise given he was a known cheque book manager.

McLeish has been shite but he has matched Houlliers League record of 33 points from 28 games without Downing and Ash and 30 mill to spend in the Jan transfer window. In fact his transfer budget stands at -22 mill.

As others have said comparing Houllier and McLeish is like comparing two pieces of stinking poo. They both **** stink and the stench of McLeish isn't making Houlliers time smell any sweeter.

Yeah, we gave too many mediocre players too high wages. Simple as that. As soon the economic situation is fixed I hope and think we can rise again in a steadier and slower way that's financial safer. Though, I doubt we'll do that with AML.

So we have a lot of nediocre players to go with our mediocre manager ?

All I hope is that we dont end up in a mediocre division :?:

you missed one important fact, we arent allowed to spend buckets of money because we dont have buckets of income

and thats not AMC, GH, MON or randys fault...

So we have a lot of nediocre players to go with our mediocre manager ?

All I hope is that we dont end up in a mediocre division :?:

Correct. Untill we are financially sound again this is how it has to be.

I doubt we'll end up in a mediocre division, probably just a mediocre position in our current division.

Though, who knows.

There appears to be a problem with the space time continium.............I swear I have been here before! :-)
I expect that's MON's fault as well.

Every other bad thing in the world is, it seems from this thread... :winkold:

[Yeah, we had some gutless games under Houllier, no doubt about that.

We had some? off the top my head Liverpool away, Blackburn away, Man City away ( twice, one we surrendered before a ball had even been kicked ), Sunderland at home, Wolves at home, Arsenal at home, Sha at home. I had the misfortune to be at all those games and it was some of the most gutless tripe I have been served up in my 30 years following this great club.

Your right Houllier didn't have a pre season. What he inherited though was a group of players ( less Milner, plus Ireland and a number of youngsters on the verge of stepping up ) that had just given this club its best 38 game Premiership season points wise, had just finished top 6 for the third time on the bounce ( for the first time since the early 1930,s ) had just been to its first cup final in a decade and had the 4th best defence in the league the previous season. A side on its day capable of giving anyone a game and had the previous season beaten Liverpool at Anfield, Man Utd at Old Trafford and Chelsea at VP. A side that hadn't lost a local derby in years.

What did he proceed to do with the above? have us in and around the relegation mire for 5 months, serving up gutless tripe, losing against all of local rivals in the same season for the first time in donkeys years and he had to spend the best part of 30 mill to dig us out of the crap he had dug us into. No surprise given he was a known cheque book manager.

McLeish has been shite but he has matched Houlliers League record of 33 points from 28 games without Downing and Ash and 30 mill to spend in the Jan transfer window. In fact his transfer budget stands at -22 mill.

As others have said comparing Houllier and McLeish is like comparing two pieces of stinking poo. They both **** stink and the stench of McLeish isn't making Houlliers time smell any sweeter.

Exactly this. Houllier deserves some of the blame for the current mess the club is in.

There appears to be a problem with the space time continium.............I swear I have been here before! :-)
I expect that's MON's fault as well.

Every other bad thing in the world is, it seems from this thread... :winkold:

Hardly, all I've read is that people stating he spent a shitload of money on average players. Also, that he didnt take the Europa cup seriously.

Both to which are true.

Not really sure what you're on about.

Â