The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Well I guess what I meant was, I like many was appauled by the appointment initially and the early signs were shocking - crap football, crap signings such as Jenas, what appeared to be low team morale.

However, in any new job, it can take someone 6-12 months to find their feet, and now you could argue we are seeing the first green shoots appear ? We are planning for next season, the kids are getting great exposure, all little signs that more and more fans can see and take the positives from

I think the green shoots end up being weeds and we then realize shortly afterwards we are no better

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he leaves in the summer but I doubt he will. And as I think he'll stay for next season too I wonder what it will take for him to win over a majority of the fans. "Nothing, cause he's just shite and can't do anything good so he can't win us over.", is probably what most thinks now. But if we play decent football next season, finish 7th or 8th and a decent cup run, would some re think?
The problem s that we know that won't happen, yes he has won a cup before he's never played decent football and can you see us ever getting 7th or 8th under his tactics or management style. That is why so many of us want him out as there doesn't seem to be any hope. that glimmer of hope we all try to hang onto that things will get better under other managers, at the start of the season that this could be the season that we upset the odds somehow, that we might win a cup or get a champions league place.....we have none of this under McLeish. It seems, like me, that a lot of fans can't see that glimmer, don't have those claret tinted glasses, we just see what is going to happen......ever game I go into now I'm either really nervous or defeatist before it even starts.

I've always been...if we attack them like this then maybe we can win or we are at home, we are strong, we have a good chance...or our counter attacking play means we have a chance of winning...I have none of those feelings under McLeish, its always fearful and he generally proves it right....so hoping for a better season next then yes but he won't change and thus the chances of us achieving what you say is so slim that to change our minds about him won't happen because that scenario won't most likely happen

Tbh, I totally agree. My biggest problem with AML is that I can't see him taking us forward. I don't think he's useless, just limited and not a manager who can take a PL team forward. So I guess the question was rather meaningless in the end.

Well I guess what I meant was, I like many was appauled by the appointment initially and the early signs were shocking - crap football, crap signings such as Jenas, what appeared to be low team morale.

However, in any new job, it can take someone 6-12 months to find their feet, and now you could argue we are seeing the first green shoots appear ? We are planning for next season, the kids are getting great exposure, all little signs that more and more fans can see and take the positives from

You could argue it but it wouldn't be a very convincing argument.

Just because we scrapped a win againgst Fulham doesn't mean things have suddenly improved.

The single biggest improvement in recent weeks has seemingly come from Dunne being out the team, something for which McLeish deserves no credit at all.

Yes, no-one is changing their views
Well, some are.

Yes ... some. You always will get swinging voters.

"We're not swinging - we just don't like him" :winkold:

Such is the fickle nature of today's fan, a win at Arsenal and the Holte will be singing his name next home game

the holte end will NEVER sing his name

Such is the fickle nature of today's fan, a win at Arsenal and the Holte will be singing his name next home game

the net is cast and two caught already

yep agree, posting something for a reaction

Yes they'll sing his name followed by the word OUT

True. But herein lies the problem. We could play like Barcelona and he would still get grief. Which is why all this 'its not because hes ex bluenose' is a load of bollocks. The 'negative' football thing is just a convenient excuse to lay into him. We havent played good football for fookin donkeys years so i dont see why all of a sudden Eck gets grief. Actually...i do see why, like i said its cuz of the ex bluenose thing.

Probably best for all concerned if he does leave because a section of fans just cant get past his bluenose past. **** all to do with the apparent negative football we play

True. But herein lies the problem. We could play like Barcelona and he would still get grief. Which is why all this 'its not because hes ex bluenose' is a load of bollocks. The 'negative' football thing is just a convenient excuse to lay into him. We havent played good football for fookin donkeys years so i dont see why all of a sudden Eck gets grief. Actually...i do see why, like i said its cuz of the ex bluenose thing.

Probably best for all concerned if he does leave because a section of fans just cant get past his bluenose past. **** all to do with the apparent negative football we play

Havent played good football for years ??????

we finished 6th 3 seasons in a row less than a hundred years ago :shock:

Â