The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martinez must be kicking himself he didn't take it now

I really really wanted Martinez last summer, I think he would have done well.

I think he's a bit of a pushover. Maybe he'll get another chance next time round

:D That is incredible.

An excellent post/ article and sums up my thoughts exactly.

I've said it for months. Occasionally we play negatively, occasionally we play attacking. Occasionally the players are at fault, occasionally McLeish's subs/ tactics are suspect.

But this constant abuse to McLeish (oh no, he took off N'Zogbia and brought on Wiemann - someone who would probably benefit from Albrighton's crossing and NOT Zog's blind runs down dead ends) is not justified.

There is more to the stats than 'Manager in' or 'Manager out', imo.

15th place

33 points

7 wins

And people are happy? How has Lerner managed to get people to accept this shit?

People are not happy, but maybe some people see the bigger picture?

Are yes the mythical big picture, is this the same big picture people could see when defending Houllier or is it a different big picture?

What is the big picture of? Is it a sail boat?

I'm sorry but this big picture argument is utter rubbish and is the last defence of those struggling to give a reasoned argument to support their stance.

You aren't able to see some bigger picture that others can't you just simply hold a different opinion.

The 'mythical' big picture to defend Houllier?

So you were glad that we lost Houllier and brought in McLeish then Trent?

I interpret the 'big picture' to mean 'more than the 'here and now''. Maybe not everything wrong is McLeish's fault. Maybe if we sack him, we'll bring in a worse manager and he'll be the one to handle players who occasionally can't get a shot on target.

Unless.. You knew about the Houllier-big-picture and wanted McLeish in charge?

One thing we never learnt from that game was how the team would be reacted tactically to going 1-0 up.

Would be have reverted to type and sat back and try to absorb the pressure, would Heskey have come on? etc etc.

I really hope we beat Bolton next Tuesday to make for a more comfortable finish to the season and maybe start enjoying a few games.

3 points against Bolton would allow Eck to play with a bit more bottle against Man Utd/Citeh/Spurs

What on earth are you on about? Don't try and put words in my mouth please.

I interpret the 'big picture' to mean 'more than the 'here and now''. Maybe not everything wrong is McLeish's fault. Maybe if we sack him, we'll bring in a worse manager and he'll be the one to handle players who occasionally can't get a shot on target.

Did I say everything is McLeish's fault? No I don't believe I did, in fact I don't think anyone thinks that. You might have noticed a rather large thread which is rather critical of Randy Lerner, you might also have noticed Paul Faulkner and a number of the players come in for some stick on here.

You might also notice a big thread about our financial position.

Nobody least of all me thinks all our isssues are down to McLeish. So when those who seek to defend McLeish by saying those who are critical of him fail to see the 'bigger picture' I will say its a load of bollocks. Just as it was a load of bollocks when people tried to make the 'bigger picture' case in defence of Houllier.

Everyone is perfectly aware of the 'bigger picture' everyone is perfectly aware of the problems at the club above and beyond the manager, these things aren't hard to see or only visible to some.

The fact is despite these things some people myself included don't think the job McLeish is doing is good enough. On top of that given how he has performed in previous jobs some people, again myself included don't think there is reason to believe he will improve.

I've literally no idea what on earth you are waffling on about here but I will presume its another attempt to put words in my mouth and therefore ignore it.

We've had 46 attempts on goal in the last 3 games yet only scored 2 goals.

Compare that to arsenal who have had 39 attempts on goal in their last 3 games yet scored 10 goals.

Corrct me if im wrong but boring and negative wouldn't have meant so many attempts on goal?

very true

didnt we have 23 shots vs QPR a month ago. its a lot better than at start of the season and if people took off their anti-mcleish blinkers they could see it

no blinkers, just watching game after game. to be fair it couldnt have been much worse than the start of the season but doesnt mean now is satisfactory by any means.

Instead of having 46 shots at goal and only 2 going in,I would prefer it if we had only 3 shots at goal and 2 went in.

Surley what matters most is how many shots go in ?!

I mean if you blast one 20 feet over the bar it still counts as a shot on goal,not a very good one but a shot at goal none the less.So the point I am trying to make is that I am not interested in watching us have 46 shots at goal and the goalie does not even have to try to save any of them. :oops:

Awesome signing, so exciting:

Villa annnounce partnership with car rental supplier Green Motion

Green Motion announced as Villa's 'Preferred Car Rental Supplier'.

Instead of having 46 shots at goal and only 2 going in,I would prefer it if we had only 3 shots at goal and 2 went in.

Surley what matters most is how many shots go in ?!

think your missing the point ;)

What on earth are you on about? Don't try and put words in my mouth please.

I've literally no idea what on earth you are waffling on about here but I will presume its another attempt to put words in my mouth and therefore ignore it.

Deflect, deflect...

He's clearly not putting words in your mouth here, he's asking you questions... hence the question marks.

15th place

33 points

7 wins

Depends on what your definition of the "big picture" is. For me personally, it's looking at that bigger picture which makes me more horrified at the prospect of McLeish being here next season. He's proven that even when given time results don't really improve and that his teams are still mind-numbingly boring and devoid of attacking intent.

McLeish is not the right manager for us. He never was and he never will be. He's not the manager you want building something at a club. Please for the love of God Randy get rid in the summer.

Awesome signing, so exciting:

Villa annnounce partnership with car rental supplier Green Motion

Green Motion announced as Villa's 'Preferred Car Rental Supplier'.

Okaaay, not exactly what I had in mind

Is this it MM

15th place

33 points

7 wins

Depends on what your definition of the "big picture" is. For me personally, it's looking at that bigger picture which makes me more horrified at the prospect of McLeish being here next season. He's proven that even when given time results don't really improve and that his teams are still mind-numbingly boring and devoid of attacking intent.

McLeish is not the right manager for us. He never was and he never will be. He's not the manager you want building something at a club. Please for the love of God Randy get rid in the summer.

There is no way RL is getting rid of him.. trust me i want it so bad to happen.. But I have a feeling that Fulham game just saved McLeish job, he will buy his own players in the summer, get sacked next season and we will be left with a squad full of AM Players.

15th place

33 points

7 wins

There is no way RL is getting rid of him.. trust me i want it so bad to happen.. But I have a feeling that Fulham game just saved McLeish job, he will buy his own players in the summer, get sacked next season and we will be left with a squad full of AM Players.

This fills me with so much dread. Let's just hope that if he's here next season, his signings are as (half) decent as the ones he's already made.

So glad we won on Saturday, 3 more points that go towards the points needed for safety mark and that, for me at least, is the bigger picture here, trying to ensure we do not get relegated.

In addition I would just say the sooner we can get safe the better as it removes one more argument for not getting rid of Mcleish , the argument that goes "cant get rid now, look at what has happened to Wolves"

15th place

33 points

7 wins

I dunno. I think if we have to put up with another 6 or 7 games of rubbish (like we did after the Wolves win) then he may still act in the summer. What worries me is that we'll just stumble over the finish line but we won't be so bad that it will force Randy to act.

This is why I'm desperately hoping for the takeover rumours (however far-fetched they are) to be true.

Â