The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great article and well thought out as to why we are currently sitting where we are, and it is not because of McLeish.

Unfortunately I'm not sure the McLeish haters would let the actual facts get in the way of their belief that he is the devil reincarnated!

Is this really a "great article"?

I may have misunderstood it but it seems to be arguing that MON wasn't the man to take Villa to Cup and top 4 success but Mcleish is the man to do it.

This is completely deluded nonsense. While I don't go along with much of the anti-McLeish stuff that gets posted on here these days, there is very little evidence so far that he will do anything other than steady the ship and keep us safe in mid table.

After last season's relegation scare I welcome that but I can't really see McLeish as the new Messiah who will lead us out of the trophy wilderness.

Drama.

Have you noticed its's as soon as you mention the word 'fickle' ?

Truth hurt's some people but my god have I seen quite a few fickle one's around here.

So close again.

Bien hecho Houston, usted hombre grande en el campus superstar.

;)

I may have misunderstood it but it seems to be arguing that MON wasn't the man to take Villa to Cup and top 4 success but Mcleish is the man to do it.

This is completely deluded nonsense. While I don't go along with much of the anti-McLeish stuff that gets posted on here these days, there is very little evidence so far that he will do anything other than steady the ship and keep us safe in mid table.

After last season's relegation scare I welcome that but I can't really see McLeish as the new Messiah who will lead us out of the trophy wilderness.

Well I don't think it mentions top 4 success, and there's no denying AM did win a cup, with an inferior club.

Even if all he does is steady the ship and keep us safe in mid table, the point that it's making about getting off AM's back is a valid one. The word Messiah doesn't appear in the article anyway.

Very good article that. Sums things up perfectly. Things arent as black and white as the moaners are making out on here. There are lots of factors to take into account other than the usual '3 relegations and a 3rd place in a mickey mouse league'

I just wish the majority here could see it

Very good article that. Sums things up perfectly. Things arent as black and white as the moaners are making out on here. There are lots of factors to take into account other than the usual '3 relegations and a 3rd place in a mickey mouse league'

I just wish the majority here could see it

The same could be said for those on the other side of the fence though.There are a few big ifs in that article.

What are the other things you feel people should be taking into consideration? just asking the question.

Because there are other things, some that have happened this season, that people point to aswell. when arguing that McLeish should not be in the job.

Well I don't think it mentions top 4 success, and there's no denying AM did win a cup, with an inferior club.

Even if all he does is steady the ship and keep us safe in mid table, the point that it's making about getting off AM's back is a valid one. The word Messiah doesn't appear in the article anyway.

He is not the messiah, he is a very boring man.

My Spanish is limited and only know the important phrases, so bare with me...

Grande cerveza por favour!

You could just use google translate like the other posters were probably doing. :winkold:

Great article and well thought out as to why we are currently sitting where we are, and it is not because of McLeish.

Unfortunately I'm not sure the McLeish haters would let the actual facts get in the way of their belief that he is the devil reincarnated!

Considering McLeish won a trophy with vastly inferior funds at his disposal with Blues it surely is evidence enough that he can be a success at Aston Villa. I for one think that is a tall order but we have to have faith; maybe signing players driven by more than money is a start such as the Holman's of world?

Â