The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I know that barring a takeover it's extremely likely that McLeish will be here next season. However, that doesn't make me any less against him being our manager. The prospect of having to put up with enough season like this fills me with dread. It's not so much that I fear us going down (although I do fear that), it's that I just don't know whether I can bear another season of this low-scoring, boring, negative football that McLeish teams play. Sure results may improve but even if that does happen we'll probably still be boring and negative. **** that.

I seem to remember a west brom team playing particularly attractive football, they went down.

Don't get me wrong, i want to be entertained, but firstly I want to win matches, I really couldnt care if we won 1-0 every game as i'd look at the table and couldn't give a shit how we got there.

Whereas if we went all out attack and lost every game 4-3 then we'd go down and i'd be gutted. There's a fine line, I seem to remember MON drawing a lot of games in his first season.

Edit: We drew 17 games under MON in his first season. Was that boring, negative football? I don't seem to remember anyone complaining that MON made us a team that was hard to beat and then built on it. If we equal that this season then at least we'll stay up.

Why are you jumping to extremes? I don't want us to go to the complete opposite and start being ridiculous, I just don't want to see us so negative and boring all the time.

We've had 46 attempts on goal in the last 3 games yet only scored 2 goals.

Compare that to arsenal who have had 39 attempts on goal in their last 3 games yet scored 10 goals.

Corrct me if im wrong but boring and negative wouldn't have meant so many attempts on goal?

How does that prove that we've not been negative this season?

Over the season it doesn't but over the last few game it does! Maybe AM has realised this, at least it looks like he's trying to rectify it and some fans can now see that but others remain against him and never will change.

Suggesting you'd rather we lost than drew is pretty disgusting as a fan. This shows that people just want him to fail and will never support him.

So basically, we can only judge McLeish by his last few games?

How is it disgusting? I never said I would prefer us to lose rather than win, because I wouldn't. I'll always want us to win. However, in the current situation a loss would've been better for us than a draw. As I've said numerous times, a win in that game would see us safe (and it did), a loss would've probably cost him his job. A draw would've done neither of those things.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that barring a takeover it's extremely likely that McLeish will be here next season. However, that doesn't make me any less against him being our manager. The prospect of having to put up with enough season like this fills me with dread. It's not so much that I fear us going down (although I do fear that), it's that I just don't know whether I can bear another season of this low-scoring, boring, negative football that McLeish teams play. Sure results may improve but even if that does happen we'll probably still be boring and negative. **** that.

I seem to remember a west brom team playing particularly attractive football, they went down.

Don't get me wrong, i want to be entertained, but firstly I want to win matches, I really couldnt care if we won 1-0 every game as i'd look at the table and couldn't give a shit how we got there.

Whereas if we went all out attack and lost every game 4-3 then we'd go down and i'd be gutted. There's a fine line, I seem to remember MON drawing a lot of games in his first season.

Edit: We drew 17 games under MON in his first season. Was that boring, negative football? I don't seem to remember anyone complaining that MON made us a team that was hard to beat and then built on it. If we equal that this season then at least we'll stay up.

Why are you jumping to extremes? I don't want us to go to the complete opposite and start being ridiculous, I just don't want to see us so negative and boring all the time.

Compare that to arsenal who have had 39 attempts on goal in their last 3 games yet scored 10 goals.

Corrct me if im wrong but boring and negative wouldn't have meant so many attempts on goal?

Over the season it doesn't but over the last few game it does! Maybe AM has realised this, at least it looks like he's trying to rectify it and some fans can now see that but others remain against him and never will change.

Suggesting you'd rather we lost than drew is pretty disgusting as a fan. This shows that people just want him to fail and will never support him.

How is it disgusting? I never said I would prefer us to lose rather than win, because I wouldn't. I'll always want us to win. However, in the current situation a loss would've been better for us than a draw. As I've said numerous times, a win in that game would see us safe (and it did), a loss would've probably cost him his job. A draw would've done neither of those things.

I never said you'd prefer us to lose than win so try reading the post properly.

And no we don't just judge by the last few games, I said maybe its a sign of trying to change things.

I never said you'd prefer us to lose than win so try reading the post properly.

And no we don't just judge by the last few games, I said maybe its a sign of trying to change things.

I never said that you said that, try reading my post properly.

I seriously doubt it. It's not even like we've been that good recently. We were crap against Wigan, only good against Blackburn for one half and against Fulham we were average. Eventually McLeish always reverts to type.

McLeish is more astute with cash than MON

Typical savvy scot

That's the way I'm reading it, and maybe that's what Lerner wants after handing Mon hundreds of millions

For what ?

Typical savvy scot

That's the way I'm reading it, and maybe that's what Lerner wants after handing Mon hundreds of millions

For what ?

More astute? in the fact he doesn't have any money to spend?

Typical savvy scot

For what ?

More astute? in the fact he doesn't have any money to spend?

A contradiction in terms there Ajax? If we have no money, surely the Manager HAS to be astute with his signings?

Thats not the point is it? Nobody is saying they are happy! The point some posters trying to make is that the criticism of AML is onesided.

Surely any criticism is one sided?

For the fans who want us to get behind him can I ask what exactly do you think the guy do. Build a exciting team, play attractive football, win a game maybe every month rather than every four months, win a trophy or maybe more impresively win the fans over?

What kind of team will he build given the summer (This one scares the crap out of me I will be honest)

It will never work. A couple of bad results and we will be on his back.

Unfortunately it looks like Lerner has lost all interest and the manager will be here next season and we will be playing to crowds of sub 30K.

Randy we did tell you..............

Thats not the point is it? Nobody is saying they are happy! The point some posters trying to make is that the criticism of AML is onesided.

Surely any criticism is one sided?

For the fans who want us to get behind him can I ask what exactly do you think the guy do. Build a exciting team, play attractive football, win a game maybe every month rather than every four months, win a trophy or maybe more impresively win the fans over?

What kind of team will he build given the summer (This one scares the crap out of me I will be honest)

It will never work. A couple of bad results and we will be on his back.

Unfortunately it looks like Lerner has lost all interest and the manager will be here next season and we will be playing to crowds of sub 30K.

Randy we did tell you..............

As a club we are in freefall. how far we fall depends on Lerner. Judging by the goings on over the last couple of seasons I think we are rapidly on course to be one of the premier league basement boys with the likes of Bolton. Lerner will not let the club hemorage cash like the way it has done anymore. We are on a similar crash to the one we suffered in the early/mid 80's

Honestly if anyone is happy with the way
Honestly if anyone is happy with the way things are at Villa then they need to put down there meth pipe's.

Thats not the point is it? Nobody is saying they are happy! The point some posters trying to make is that the criticism of AML is onesided and just trying to prove a point(that you hate him). And just post info and stats that prove you're point and leaving out facts that doesn't suit you're agenda.

And I think the reasons are:

A. You think that the appoinment was totally underwelming (I agree).

B. His last club was sha.

C. You actually thought there was a chance Ancelotti was signing (and said Benitez was not godo enough LOL).

The fact is nobody wanted the job because there was nog money available for transfers and with an overpaid useless squad that nobody wants to touch with barge pole AND a wage budget problem from hell.

I'm no fan what so ever but at least he had the balls to take job under the circumstances given to him.

And let me let you into the reason why he took this job in the first place.

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££ <------------ Thats obvious im pretty sure your not going to care about the circumstances when the green is involved.

Honestly if anyone is happy with the way
Honestly if anyone is happy with the way things are at Villa then they need to put down there meth pipe's.

Thats not the point is it? Nobody is saying they are happy! The point some posters trying to make is that the criticism of AML is onesided and just trying to prove a point(that you hate him). And just post info and stats that prove you're point and leaving out facts that doesn't suit you're agenda.

And I think the reasons are:

A. You think that the appoinment was totally underwelming (I agree).

B. His last club was sha.

C. You actually thought there was a chance Ancelotti was signing (and said Benitez was not godo enough LOL).

The fact is nobody wanted the job because there was nog money available for transfers and with an overpaid useless squad that nobody wants to touch with barge pole AND a wage budget problem from hell.

I'm no fan what so ever but at least he had the balls to take job under the circumstances given to him.

I'm sure the huge increase in wages was the clincher over the size of his balls!

THIS !!! It wouldnt matter what the circumstances were if your being paid millions a year to do it.

And one last thing i thought i would add: I don't give a shit if he's from SHA or what not.

Its the fact I know he's a shit manager and always will be a shit manager.

You don't get many of his ex players singing his praises but you do get them slagging his playing style off.

Its the same playing style that will see players want out of this club and the same that will see Villa rightfully relegated.

Because the football we play is of that quality.

MCleish would take any job when your getting paid much more than the previous. I wish people would stop saying shit like "oh he's got the balls to take the job on" ITS ALL ABOUT **** MONEY AND THAT GOES FOR ALL OF FOOTBALL TO"

And one last thing i thought i would add: I don't give a shit if he's from SHA or what not.

You don't get many of his ex players singing his praises but you do get them slagging his playing style off.

Its the same playing style that will see players want out of this club and the same that will see Villa rightfully relegated.

Here is another exciting angle ..........

As is mentioned in other posts we had something like 46 shots and only scored 2 goals, that tells me one thing.

Mc Clueless has changed the players mindset already,you cant blame them, after playing his brand of football for 8 months what else can you expect ?!

Thats why we had 44 misses and only 2 goals ..........the team know how to run up and down the park but they have lost the killer punch playing under Mickey Mouse McLeish :!:

As is mentioned in other posts we had something like 46 shots and only scored 2 goals, that tells me one thing.

Mc Clueless has changed the players mindset already,you cant blame them, after playing his brand of football for 8 months what else can you expect ?!

Thats why we had 44 misses and only 2 goals ..........the team know how to run up and down the park but they have lost the killer punch playing under Mickey Mouse McLeish

What complete and utter bollocks!

Youre seriously saying that Mcleish has coached the strikers not to score?!

Trust me, i bet mcleish is as frustrated as many a Villa fan. Seeing all those chances go to waste has **** all to do with management. Having that view just shows what a bitter, twisted anti-ginger fan you really are.

Thats why we had 44 misses and only 2 goals ..........the team know how to run up and down the park but they have lost the killer punch playing under Mickey Mouse McLeish

What complete and utter bollocks!

Youre seriously saying that Mcleish has coached the strikers not to score?!

Trust me, i bet mcleish is as frustrated as many a Villa fan. Seeing all those chances go to waste has **** all to do with management. Having that view just shows what a bitter, twisted anti-ginger fan you really are.

First of all, I admit I am an anti -ginger fan.The reason for that is because of what he is doing to my/our team,it is a long time since we played this badly.

As for my post.You have either mistaken what I have said or you dont understand what I am trying to say.I said that the players have a different "mindset" and that is why they are having problems scoring.

You cant spend 8 months bieng a defensive team in the Premier League and then overnight change into an attacking one ?!

Attack and defence are at opposite ends of the scale,you cant change from one to the other just like that.In other words no he is not coaching the strikers not to score but he is coaching everyone to be more defensive and thats why scoring is harder.

I am not getting embroiled in this farcical debate again but to try and find reasons why McLeish is suitable for this club is like trying to find reasons to have Bashar Al-Assad as a UN envoy.

For all the ridiculous clinging to positives there are a plethora of facts to the contrary.

For all the constantly repeated questions for the defence, there are reasoned arguments that are conveniently ignored again and again.

For every pro McLeish advocate there are a hundred against.

For every extremist argument you ridicule, there are tens of people trying to give you a sound debate.

The fact of the matter is, you dont have a leg to stand on. McLeish is not the right man for the job, nor has he given any indication that he ever will be.

It doesnt matter how long or how pleadingly you make your case, you know that deep down the sooner McLeish goes the better.

Here is another exciting angle ..........

Thats why we had 44 misses and only 2 goals ..........the team know how to run up and down the park but they have lost the killer punch playing under Mickey Mouse McLeish :!:

THIS !!!! The one human being i feel sorry for is Hleb. Good god that poor guy came from Barcelona only to have to put up with MCleish's shit at BCFC.

Under MCleish the football will always be boring and the signings will make you yawn.

I love how people around here change their tune after a VERY VERY VERY fortunate win which if im honest Villa didn't deserve to win. But now its ok because we have won a game when really MCleish should have gone 5 games ago but because Lerner has spunked loads on crap which he has had to pay off we can't afford to.

THE FUTURES BRIGHT THE FUTURES THE CHAMPIONSHIP

I am not getting embroiled in this farcical debate again but to try and find reasons why McLeish is suitable for this club is like trying to find reasons to have Bashar Al-Assad as a UN envoy.

For all the ridiculous clinging to positives there are a plethora of facts to the contrary.

For all the constantly repeated questions for the defence, there are reasoned arguments that are conveniently ignored again and again.

For every pro McLeish advocate there are a hundred against.

For every extremist argument you ridicule, there are tens of people trying to give you a sound debate.

The fact of the matter is, you dont have a leg to stand on. McLeish is not the right man for the job, nor has he given any indication that he ever will be.

It doesnt matter how long or how pleadingly you make your case, you know that deep down the sooner McLeish goes the better.

100% THIS !!

Â