The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To try and keep balanced about this - my current take

Pro's

- Seems to have got the defending at set pieces issue sorted out. Its been quite a few weeks now since we conceded a corner which is a welcome relief after conceding in same way every week for previous 18 months.

- Also seems to have landed upon a better defensive organisation. Maybe more luck than anything here. But the tranquilliser he's giving Warnock seems to have done the trick the last few weeks and even Hutton has managed some "ok" performances which is a major plus. Even Collins has decided to keep the ball a little better.

Cons

- I am a bit worried about his slowness in thought when it comes to tactics. In quite a few of our recent games we have been pretty good in first half and then pretty clueless again in second half. Each time the opposing team just gets tighter on Ireland or Keane and cuts off the supply line. We don't seem to have a plan B for what is becoming an increasingly obvious response.

- Subbing - I don't see Heskey as a match winner and if I'm trying to score a goal I think Zog has a better chance than Albrighton right now

Under MCleish the football will always be boring and the signings will make you yawn.

I love how people around here change their tune after a VERY VERY VERY fortunate win which if im honest Villa didn't deserve to win. But now its ok because we have won a game when really MCleish should have gone 5 games ago but because Lerner has spunked loads on crap which he has had to pay off we can't afford to.

THE FUTURES BRIGHT THE FUTURES THE CHAMPIONSHIP

You are talking absolute nonsense! Villa dominated against Fulham and really could have won the match by two or three. We had 8 shots on target to their 1, ONE SHOT ON TARGET FOR FULHAM! Villa had 55% possession and played rather well particularly in the first half against one of the form teams of late.

I stopped reading after a quarter of it ! WHY >?

Presumably because you found the correct use of spelling and grammar confusing and gave up.

GNSymbol.png

Sorry I didn't realise one of the main rule's around here was to use the correct grammar and spelling for everything we post.

I stopped reading after a quarter of it ! WHY >?

Presumably because you found the correct use of spelling and grammar confusing and gave up.

GNSymbol.png

Sorry I didn't realise one of the main rule's around here was to use the correct grammar and spelling for everything we post.

So close as well!

Â