The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I'm hearing these "debates" were played out in the Holte upper yesterday and it almost came to blows

and that in itself doesnt show you that the man was the wrong appointment.

We now have a divided fanbase who apparently a near to coming to blows on the terraces.

Terrific isnt it?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hearing these "debates" were played out in the Holte upper yesterday and it almost came to blows

and that in itself doesnt show you that the man was the wrong appointment.

We now have a divided fanbase who apparently a near to coming to blows on the terraces.

Terrific isnt it?

Some of the sub-human neanderthals ive come across in the upper holte start brawls with their own shadows over nothing so thats not a surprise in the least.

I think its ok to look at negatives in a win. Just like you look at positives in a loss. Sometimes looking at the negatives can help improve further.

What I dont understand is when people make up negatives like 'It was wrong to take Nzogbia off'. How on earth can that be true? When Nzogbia went off it was 0-0. We won the game 1-0. While Im not suggesting we won the game as a direct result of Nzog being off, something about that substitution was right and I think the people are wrong to make up a negative from it.

It was wrong to take N'Zogbia of. It should've been Albrighton coming off.

The substitution worked Mantis, why would it need to be anything different?

By that naive assessment, if we stay up this year McLeish will have been succesful?

The trouble is, life isnt that simple and you know it. There were people out on their feet and NZogbia was providing pace and attacking intent. Petrov couldnt move from the 60th minute onwards.

But dont let reality get in they way of your argument.

Think thats the problem, reality is very much in the way of my arguement. Because reality is we won 1-0 yesterday so the substitutions worked. Ok it could have easily gone the other way, because that is football, but this time, it worked.

Dont interpret it as Im a fan of Mcliesh and I think he deserves to be worshipped because of it. Not at all.

I see no reason why some (not all) people cant just be fair in their criticism. I can only imagine they just cant cope with the fact he is from Blues.

Not aimed at you but....

If Aston Villa fans want the media to stop bringing his Birmingham City past up then I believe Aston Villa fans should form a fair and honest opinion of Mcliesh, rather than forming a disrespectful, unfair and in the most part, abusive attack on him.

I think its ok to look at negatives in a win. Just like you look at positives in a loss. Sometimes looking at the negatives can help improve further.

What I dont understand is when people make up negatives like 'It was wrong to take Nzogbia off'. How on earth can that be true? When Nzogbia went off it was 0-0. We won the game 1-0. While Im not suggesting we won the game as a direct result of Nzog being off, something about that substitution was right and I think the people are wrong to make up a negative from it.

By that naive assessment, if we stay up this year McLeish will have been succesful?

The trouble is, life isnt that simple and you know it. There were people out on their feet and NZogbia was providing pace and attacking intent. Petrov couldnt move from the 60th minute onwards.

Think thats the problem, reality is very much in the way of my arguement. Because reality is we won 1-0 yesterday so the substitutions worked. Ok it could have easily gone the other way, because that is football, but this time, it worked.

Dont interpret it as Im a fan of Mcliesh and I think he deserves to be worshipped because of it. Not at all.

I see no reason why some (not all) people cant just be fair in their criticism. I can only imagine they just cant cope with the fact he is from Blues.

Not aimed at you but....

If Aston Villa fans want the media to stop bringing his Birmingham City past up then I believe Aston Villa fans should form a fair and honest opinion of Mcliesh, rather than forming a disrespectful, unfair and in the most part, abusive attack on him.

Fair and honest?

First win in 4 months, first win in 7 at VP and the 7th win of the season.

Those are what matters and those statistics are not good enough.

All it proved was that bringing on Weimann was the right decision, which people weren't disagreeing with anyway.

Ok, how are you proving that taking Nzogbia off was wrong?

N'Zogbia was one of our best players up until the substitution. He was certainly playing better than Albrighton.

Right, and now the important part that you seem to be avoiding -

After the substitution, what proof is there that Nzogbia was the wrong choice?

Il give you a clue Mantis - There isnt any proof. Your opinion, whilst I respect it as always, is completely and utterly flawed.

Not aimed at you but....

Alot of fans have done just that though, there are a number of reasons that we have heard time and time again that have nothing to do with him being from them lot. His win % speaks for itself, his tactics speak for themselves (last minute of yesterdays game withstanding of course :winkold:

Im actually gonna stop now as Im devoting to much time to something Im not really that bothered about ultimately, if he stays he stays, if he goes he goes. He isnt wholly to blame, Lerner needs to wake up or bugger off too. Whatever happens, happens, so be it. Apathy sums it up perfectly for me. Complete and utter apathy and its a shame.

It's an opinion, it's neither wrong nor right, just like your opinion that taking off N'Zogbia was the correct decision.

But my opinion has proof, because we ended up winning. Everything points to your opinion being wrong.

I wasnt sat on 70 mins saying 'take Nzogbia off' - I have formed my opinion after the final whistle.

You seem to have formed your opinion on 70 minutes and stuck with it ignoring completely what happened in the last 20 minutes, probably because you cant bare to admit that actually, Mcliesh didnt get it wrong.

Sorry Woody, there is no proof that taking off N'Zogbia was the right decision.

There is proof that putting on Weimann was the right decision but not that taking N'Zogbia off was, who knows if he had taken off Albrighton or Petrov we might have scored earlier or got 2.

I will start giving McLeish credit for decisions when he proves yesterday wasn't a fluke.

Out of interest, (baring in mind you think it was a fluke) have you given credit to Andreas Weimann?

I'm talking about the result.

I was delighted with the win yesterday and went absolutely mad when Andy scored, but I wasn't quite as happy as I normally would've been after a win. I didn't even feel like this a few months ago.

I guess I feel the same way as DDID just not to such an extreme extent.

This for me. It just didn't feel the same. Probably because I just know some bullshit is around the corner.

To be fair yesterday McLeish can feel vindicated by his decisions because we won. This might paper over the cracks of the many many decisions this season that has cost us. The many many times he has played HESKEY in midfield, the sticking with Gabby out wide, the fact our centre backs have got away Scott free after mistake after mistake from set plays.

I think the guy should look relived rather than smug, and maybe learn something.

Randy should go all out to tempt Rodgers away from Swansea whilst we have a bunch of promising youngsters to work with. That's exactly the type of player Rodgers needs to work with. He would come in and **** the old boys off and get us playing dynamic football. You can't teach old dogs new tricks but you can teach youngsters a way to play.

Swansea have been a revelation this season and unless we go after him this summer, Liverpool or someone else in the top 6 will be in for him!

Randy should go all out to tempt Rodgers away from Swansea m!

I don't think the upheaval of another manager would do the club much good

What we need is some stability, the board got it wrong yes, but we are stuck with Alex for 2 - 3 years I'm afraid while we get the books evened out a bit

Â